Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Veterans appreciation day at Troy

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Veterans appreciation day at Troy
« on: September 29, 2024, 01:58:30 AM »
I went to the Troy vs. ULM game today. My son was receiving a scholarship for the Troy for Troops foundation in the first quarter.  He spent 6 years in the AF and decided to finish up his degree at Troy.
I have been thoroughly impressed with Troy and their commitment to veterans.
Tonight was appreciation night. With 3:01 left in the first, they stopped the game and awarded scholarships to several ROTC and veteran students. This took about 10 minutes. Just stopped the game! No complaining. No pushback.
Then at halftime, they invited every veteran (or rep for a fallen vet) down to the field and grouped them by branch. As the bad played each branch’s song, they walked.

This took more time than normal. Fireworks the whole time. It was a beautiful site to see. I am forever grateful for Troy and their appreciation of veterans.
Transitioning from the military back to student life was a very anxious time for him. The veteran groups with Troy really helped make that transition palatable.
So much so that he now works with the Troy for Troops veterans assistance program helping other vets understand their options.

If you know a vet wanting to continue their education, have them call Troy for Troops and get started.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Re: Veterans appreciation day at Troy
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2024, 07:39:11 AM »
That's awesome.

My daughter's school does a Veterans Game every year, and they bring the vets down on the floor before the basketball game and have us hold the full court sized US Flag with the players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2024, 10:53:17 AM »
That's awesome.

My daughter's school does a Veterans Game every year, and they bring the vets down on the floor before the basketball game and have us hold the full court sized US Flag with the players.
That is awesome and something your daughter will always remember.

I was blown away. They were unapologetically pro military. From the huge flag to the helicopter flyover to everything they did to make a vet feel proud, it was a great thing to see.
I teared up with pride in my country and for all vets. It was so refreshing to see and feel.
If any of you ever get to chance to attend that game at Troy(especially vets), go, and enjoy the atmosphere of long ago when you waved a flag and the guy next to you had one also. And no one kneeled, except for prayer, which they also had.   
« Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 11:03:25 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2024, 10:55:33 AM »
Very cool
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."