Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Quattro

Snakebite

• War Damn
Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Quattro
« Reply #20 on: Today at 12:38:45 PM »
I don't have predictive powers and I can't stand the tune Rocky Top but the Vols are due again for another silver revival or whatever 20 years represents as far as anniversaries go. They go into Norman and win something like 31-20.

Incidently this is a historical first that the Wolverines have been underdogs in the Big House...at least this early in the season. USC 23-20.

Fact check me on both accounts bitches.

I don't see any blowout coming in our game v. Arkansas.
Maybe our front three learn to keep their feet and our corners will turn around in a timely manner. Auburn has a habit of making even the most ordinary seem invincible. Maybe we fall on a fumble late or their guy gifts us a pick for a win.
Not supremely confident.
Auburn 30-24.

I know I picked us to win, but I’m going into this one expecting us to take the L deep down. Would rather be pleasantly surprised than hopelessly disappointed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: Today at 01:22:20 PM »
I know I picked us to win, but I’m going into this one expecting us to take the L deep down. Would rather be pleasantly surprised than hopelessly disappointed.

It feels lose-y, doesn't it? 

Local sports radio down this way is absolutely giddy over the prospect. The bama slurpling hosts...  "This a team with a five-win ceiling.  Four straight losing seasons. Oh, but recruiting? Great on paper, but you're not keeping any of those kids. How can you sell this as a program on the rise. It's not...." 

That segues into a 20 minute glorification of "did you know he's just 17?  Kid should be planning for the prom. Instead, he's out there under Kalen DeBOOer, turning into a number one draft pick."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snakebite

• War Damn
« Reply #22 on: Today at 01:53:48 PM »
It feels lose-y, doesn't it? 

Local sports radio down this way is absolutely giddy over the prospect. The bama slurpling hosts...  "This a team with a five-win ceiling.  Four straight losing seasons. Oh, but recruiting? Great on paper, but you're not keeping any of those kids. How can you sell this as a program on the rise. It's not...." 

That segues into a 20 minute glorification of "did you know he's just 17?  Kid should be planning for the prom. Instead, he's out there under Kalen DeBOOer, turning into a number one draft pick."

That checks out.  So ready for them to get knocked off their pedestal. 

I never would have wagered that Arkansas would be our most important/hinge game this season.  Always thought it would be Oklahoma going in.  Yet, here we are... waiting to see for a 4th season in a row if we can win more than half our games.  If we don't win this one, I don't see it happening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:27:04 PM »
That checks out.  So ready for them to get knocked off their pedestal. 

I never would have wagered that Arkansas would be our most important/hinge game this season.  Always thought it would be Oklahoma going in.  Yet, here we are... waiting to see for a 4th season in a row if we can win more than half our games.  If we don't win this one, I don't see it happening.
We need to draw blood first and keep the hammer down. Maybe our linebackers play their best game and our weebles remain upright. It's fairly evident by the Cal game and this past Saturday against New Mexico that we possess a lower tier SEC defense. I too wanted to believe we shored up positions of need and added valuable depth but it appears we came up short.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions