Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Quattro

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Quattro
« on: September 17, 2024, 02:59:40 PM »
I guess it’s going to take a couple more weeks before we have those football Saturdays with multiple monster match ups.  This weekend’s slate of games is less than stellar, but it’s still college foosballz, so every Fall Saturday is a good day. All lines from Draft Kings

USC @ Michigan (USC -5.5) The Big 10 opener for both teams.  USC looked decent in a win against LSU, then blew out Utah State.  They’re coming off a bye week, and roll into the Big House with momentum.  Michigan?  The offense is teh suxxors, getting stuffed by the Longhorns, then doing just enough to best the mighty Red Wolves of Arkansas State.  Take the ribbed condoms.

USC:  28

Michigan:  14

Cal @ FSU (FSU -2) Oddly enough, the Noles are favored here, despite the 0-3 start, and getting pushed around by Memphis this past Saturday.  I assume it’s a matter of name recognition, and the football world not knowing, or caring that Cal is 3-0, already with a cross country win in the SEC.  I forget who they played.  Da’ Bears are a decent team. Nothing great, and a few simple coaching adjustments by our Tigers, and I think we take that one.  But it is, what it be, and Cal has got to be feeling good about themselves, while there’s no way FSU can honestly think there’s much left to play for. They’re a team full of transfers who are probably questioning some of their life choices.

Cal:  24

FSU:  20

Tennessee @ Oklahoma (Tenn -7) The Vols look scary good in the early going.  Josh High-pull has the offense going at the usual fast pace and flinging it around the field.  QB, Nico, Imalunawaveylays, has 6 TD’s through 3 games and hitting at a 71% clip.  The Sooners have totally underwhelmed so far, hanging on the beat Houston, and trudging their way to a big pile of meh win against The Green Wave.  I think with it being Okie’s inaugural SEC game, the crowd and the adrenaline will be a factor for a half.  In the end, too much Rocky Top.

Tennessee:  38

Oklahoma:  21

Arkansas @ Auburn (AU -3.5) This one scares me.  It’s literally a make or break game for the rest of the season.  Most of the experts and analysis I’ve seen and heard had Auburn being 4-0 going into the match up with the Sooners. A dismal showing against Cal put a damper on that, and raised way more questions than answers.  A change to HB24 injected just a bit of new life, and as solid as his performance was, it was still against one of the worst defenses in the nation.

The Hawgs come in 2-1 with a close loss on the road in a barnburner to Okie State.  This past Saturday, they did just enough to take care of UAB, a team that got pummeled the week before by La. Monroe, 32-6.  6’6” QB, Taylen Green, has energized the Piggies. He’s a 56% passer with 3 TD’s and 2 INT’s, but averages 268 yards per game.  Where he hurts teams the most is with his legs.  He’s ripped off long runs in every game so far this season. Therein lies one of my keys to the game.  If Dunkinz pulls the same shit, and rushes 3, and doesn’t teach the secondary who they need to be covering, this one won’t be close. If he unfucks that, and secondly, Freeze sticks pretty much to the same game plan as NM, I think we take it in a shootout.

Auburn:  42

Arkansas:  35

Just a note on another team.  Ole Miss has looked sharp, and as advertised.  However, their schedule to date has been, Furman, Middle Tennessee State and Wake Forest.  They have Georgia Southern this weekend, with Kentucky and South Carolina after that.  Could you serve it up on a shinier silver platter to start the season.

Predictions?  Thoughts?  Feel free to opine, or generally just bugger off.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 03:04:56 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Quattro
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2024, 04:00:07 PM »
24 Illinois at 22 Nebraska
This is the first team Nebraska played that can run the ball. It's also the first time Illinois has played a QB that can hit the broad side of the ground (Raiola is 74% on the year.) Huskers have kept him clean as well (one sack on the year) and being at home helps. The Huskers are the better team and should win. However, that spread is too much for me. Nebraska wins but I don't know if it's that big.
Winner: Nebraska

11 USC at 17 Michigan
I like what I've seen from the USC offense so far this year. I think their defense has improved as well. The Michigan defense has some players, but they are hung out to dry by an offense that cannot produce much of anything consistently. I think the Trojans are at least a score better than the Wolverines even on the road.
Winner: USC

12 Utah at 13 Oklahoma State
Hardest game on the slate to pick. Cam Rising is coming back (and could have last week, according to reports.) That helps the Utes quite a bit. Here's why I don't think that will carry them to the win. Oklahoma State has proven they can beat teams more than one way. They can run Ollie Gordon or they can sling it with the oldest QB since Scott Bakula and score. Utah's offense is reliant on Rising being there and healthy. I don't know if he's completely 100% and if the Cowboys defense gets a hit or two in (not dirty, just football), it's enough of a pause for me.
Winner: Oklahoma State

7 Tennessee at 15 Oklahoma
I like Venables and Oklahoma but I think they are a year away from making it a real game against the likes of this this Tennessee team. The Vols are scoring at will and do not let up off the gas. Might be close for a half, but I think Tennessee covers all of that with their superior speed. Also, the revenge factor for Heupel in this one is YUGE.
Winner: Tennessee

Florida @ Miss St
Mississippi State is really bad and not talented. Florida has some talent but is not well-coached. However, the Gators have not quit on the season yet. Mississippi State looks like a team that knows it's just going through the motions for next year. Talent wins even on the road. Billy Napier is gone either way.
Winner: Florida

Arkansas @ Auburn
I can't believe I'm doing this, but here goes. I thought Arkansas might be more game but they showed signs of a hangover far too long against the woeful UAB Blazers which tells me Pittman struggled to get their attention last week. Now, they won it and pulled away, so credit there, but hitting the road for SEC play with that still a question isn't good. Auburn is painfully mediocre. The new QB looked fine against an overmatched team that still hung around a long time. Auburn's inability to get a pass rush yet will keep Arkansas in this and I expect Petrino knows that as well. However, I don't know if the Hogs have a WR that can damage the Tigers where they are really vulnerable - the DBs.
Winner: Auburn
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 06:48:23 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2024, 04:39:58 PM »
USC:  28
Michigan:  17

Cal:  30
FSU:  21

Tennessee:  38
Oklahoma:  21

Auburn:  28
Arkansas:  24

Hoping this is the week that we figure out how to play defense & continue the growth/productivity of the HB24 offense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

chinook

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2024, 08:05:59 PM »
lots of you going to bust this weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2024, 02:42:19 AM »
HOGS 45

Tiggers 20

Nothing else really matters...... maybe Petrino takes mercy on AU but I doubt it 🤷‍♂️🦅🤦
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2024, 10:50:28 AM »
I predict I'll watch AU vs. Piggies.
I cannot predict my happiness or lack thereof regarding the outcome of said contest.
Both have become a crapshoot here lately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2024, 01:16:10 PM »
I predict I'll watch AU vs. Piggies.
I cannot predict my happiness or lack thereof regarding the outcome of said contest.
Both have become a crapshoot here lately.

Your happiness is tied to the results of a football game?

That is the saddest thing I’ve heard today. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

chinook

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2024, 04:29:41 PM »

i'm shocked you have expressed a feeling towards CCTAU. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2024, 04:52:01 PM »

Happiness is temporary. It does not affect my joy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2024, 05:05:15 PM »
I don't think any of you understand what can be, unburdened by what has been.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2024, 05:33:21 PM »
Happiness is temporary. It does not affect my joy.

Suthern Batist, I see. Their platitudes are slightly better than AA’s. Let go and let God!

Still, to tie one’s base emotions to a game…not practice, we talkin’ bout a game.

Oh well, I guess I wouldn’t understand.  I’ve never bled from a strap-on…or something like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2024, 07:22:46 PM »
Happiness is temporary.

I mean yeah, life is ebb n flow. Newsflash right? A general state of happiness is very possible regardless of bumps in the road. Everyone's favorite cliche, it is what it is.

Lots of luck to you and yours. Goober says hey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2024, 11:29:06 PM »
Oh well, I guess I wouldn’t understand.  I’ve never bled from a strap-on…or something like that.
I heard you guys were on top of the modern lube game. Good for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #13 on: Today at 06:40:16 AM »
What do you mean by “you guys”?

That sounds like you are calling me a slur.  At least, that’s your intent.

I’d like a ruling. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: Today at 09:25:59 AM »
I don't think any of you understand what can be, unburdened by what has been.

Well, I did grow up in the middle class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:27:07 AM »
What do you mean by “you guys”?

That sounds like you are calling me a slur.  At least, that’s your intent.

I’d like a ruling.

The Judges have determined it was in fact, a slur.  But, they will allow it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: Today at 09:39:32 AM »
The Judges have determined it was in fact, a slur.  But, they will allow it.
What do YOU mean, "YOU PEOPLE?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #17 on: Today at 09:54:18 AM »

Well, hot damn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #18 on: Today at 04:41:37 PM »
The law is very clear.
"You  people"  is implied to indicate all who agree with the person who identifies with the people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions