Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Practice Perfect

jmar

Practice Perfect
« on: September 10, 2024, 10:47:02 AM »
Freeze at least acknowledges that practicing well might not necessarily result in stellar play when the real action begins.

New Mexico is somewhat better than Alabama A&M and a far cry from being in the same class as Cal on paper.
Nothing is a sure thing.

I'm not going to defend Freeze and staff for the embarrasing loss Saturday but neither will I throw in the towel proclaiming that the entire season is lost based on the inability of Thorne to deliver
more than we thought him capable.

Thorne is a game manager and a poor one this past Saturday and often so in 2023. Freeze could have pulled Thorne out and sent a message to the entire team when the chips were down but he stood pat electing to give the veteran QB an opportunity to bring our team back from a deficit. Thorne failed, the last second attempt too late to matter.

So Hank Brown is waiting for his chance.
I have no clue what the young man can do to change the fortunes of this team. I never saw him perform against Maryland. I do know that he has so much more to work with now than he had then.

I don't think having seen Brown is any advantage because this is a much different team. Thorne doesn't make me think of anything more than a guy trying to get us in a position to qualify for a bowl game.

Freeze passed on several portal QBs. Perhaps he did it on principal but as the futility builds, so will the calls for his demise.

Auburn isn't a total washout, a football wasteland just yet. As a lifelong fan I have been through the lean cycles.
It's not like three hours on a Saturday will send me into a tortured mental state of gloom and doom.

I'm still hopeful.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions