LSU
Mississippi State (at the half)
Florida
Texas A&M

If you cling too tight, you're gonna lose control

Arkansas

I'll just hide over here

Kentucky

I've seen this movie and it SUCKS. It's been playing at Jordan Hare Cinema for a decade now

Auburn

Editor's Note:  I was shamed/conned into listening to the AU game today.  I'm not even going to say anything because I don't think I have to.  This may be the end of the game day knee jerk reactions, though.  As soon as I feel up to it, I'm going to spend Saturdays playing golf. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Way Too Early Week Two Knee Jerk Reactions
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2024, 06:53:43 AM »
Editor's Note:  I was shamed/conned into listening to the AU game today.  I'm not even going to say anything because I don't think I have to.  This may be the end of the game day knee jerk reactions, though.  As soon as I feel up to it, I'm going to spend Saturdays playing golf. 

Do not blame you at all.

That was yet another game where the offensive wizard HC is determined to shove a QB out there to throw shot plays when a slant, crossing route, or underneath stuff in the middle would do. We are going to keep falling for snake oil because we keep looking for 2010 magic. Saban broke college football fans nationally (in terms of what people expect year in, year out) but Cam broke Auburn fans/Auburn PTB in a way that will take at least a generation to fix, if ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2024, 08:31:38 AM »
Do not blame you at all.

That was yet another game where the offensive wizard HC is determined to shove a QB out there to throw shot plays when a slant, crossing route, or underneath stuff in the middle would do. We are going to keep falling for snake oil because we keep looking for 2010 magic. Saban broke college football fans nationally (in terms of what people expect year in, year out) but Cam broke Auburn fans/Auburn PTB in a way that will take at least a generation to fix, if ever.

I’ve said this for a decade.  I don’t want Cam-like results.   But I cannot abide the perpetual ineptitude. The same lame excuses.

I’m sick of watching college and high school teams and thinking “why can’t Auburn do that?”   

I’ve been saying “what kind of offense is run for three or fewer yards -overthrow bomb by 20 yards - scramble bail for two yards - punt “  since 2014.  That’s TEN YEARS of this.   

Timid QB play.  (With the exception of nix and Stidham)  No offensive game plan (no matter who is calling the plays or taking the blame).  Poor OL play.  Hang in there defense that finally tires out. 

I no longer think I have the answer.  I just know I see people we dismissed ( Rhule comes to mind) whose teams are doing things AU only wishes it could. 

I’ve had a difficult year.  I don’t have space in my life for this aggravation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
The Six,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2024, 08:33:17 AM »

I’ve said this for a decade.  I don’t want Cam-like results.   But I cannot abide the perpetual ineptitude. The same lame excuses.

I’m sick of watching college and high school teams and thinking “why can’t Auburn do that?”   

I’ve been saying “what kind of offense is run for three or fewer yards -overthrow bomb by 20 yards - scramble bail for two yards - punt “  since 2014.  That’s TEN YEARS of this.   

Timid QB play.  (With the exception of nix and Stidham)  No offensive game plan (no matter who is calling the plays or taking the blame).  Poor OL play.  Hang in there defense that finally tires out. 

I no longer think I have the answer.  I just know I see people we dismissed ( Rhule comes to mind) whose teams are doing things AU only wishes it could. 

I’ve had a difficult year.  I don’t have space in my life for this aggravation.

Can’t disagree with any of this. Life has other things worth paying attention to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg