Alabama
Texas
Ole Miss
Oklahoma
Missouri
Kentucky

Slow start, stronger finish
Georgia

Hold on to your butts, 24 is gonna suck (so close to joining the dishonor pair)
South Carolina

Dishonor! Dishonor on your whole family. Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow...
Florida
Texas A&M

What fate awaits?
LSU

I could elaborate, but I'd rather not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

Re: Way Too Early Week One Knee Jerk Reactions
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2024, 10:37:35 AM »
UGA still has a core group and depth to wear down the opposition it will face over 4 quarters.

Vanderbilt was willed to win by the same sidearmed gamer that made our defense look ridiculous last season.
Good for Vandy.

Texas A&M might have had a chance to beat Notre Dame if Max Johnson was still around to bail them out.
Johnson transferred to Old Mack Brown's team only to go down himself with a broken leg v. Minnesota in their season opener.

Weigman suffered a foot injury against us last season before Johnson's heroics but I had to do some memory searching (Googling) because it appeared as if he were throwing a shot put rather than attempting to pass a football. As for the foot injury in 2023, it didnt help that Jimbo kept listing him as day to day when it was finally determined that he would require surgery.

Maybe it's just me but Elko look's eerily like Jimbo in that headset.

Marcus Freeman has already been annointed as the chosen one and he will win a bunch of games because it's Notre Dame but I doubt he ever gets them where they want to be, not with this team anyway.

Agree it's hard to know anything with openers against much lesser talent.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2024, 10:46:03 AM »
Florida is horrid. Like, really bad.

Sc wasn’t much better.

Aggie looked completely stale. Def not the talent level ive seen talked about so much all summer. Not sure if I expected them to win. But I did expect them to look better than that.

Uga leaned on depth late. Wore Clemson down physically. 1/3 of that game was 3-0….more than half of it was 6-0. Not until late did they finally put them away for good. Clemson is not good (180 total yards). But the fact is, they hung around that long pestering uga’s offense. As we saw in our game with them last year, football is a 4Q game. And uga is built for that. They will probably get better as the season goes. But they look sketch on O at the moment. Teams with  decent pulse could give them issues. Hope abounds.

Auburn looks better against air/warm bodies this year than they did last year. That’s about what I would deduct. Routes are routes. And accuracy is accuracy. I saw both. That’s fine. Do it against a power 5 team and it’ll be even better. Cautiously optimistic. Wouldn’t read too much into the 2nd half soft zone pass coverage.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2024, 10:47:42 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2024, 10:05:34 AM »
For Auburn:

Nice to see good protection for the QB's.  Obvious they knew they could run it at will, and wanted to work hard on timing with the new receivers against players not wearing orange and blue.

Really good to see so many players in the rotation across the front 7.  Especially guys like Malik Blocton, Jamonta Waller and Amaris Williams. Isaiah Raikes was held out, but will be ready for Cal.

Glad all of the Freeze 4 got their touches.  Sad to say in this day and time, you kind of worry that a player will take their ball and go play somewhere else if they don't feel like they're being put on a peda-stool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2024, 11:08:52 PM »
That stop and go move that Coleman put on that CB was a thing of beauty.
What that game did was show a defensive coordinator that he can’t double team our best WR and just rush the QB. I mean which one do you double team?

The big guys will get the attention, but Simmons will be the guy that breaks ankles.

I’m ready for the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2024, 07:49:04 AM »
That stop and go move that Coleman put on that CB was a thing of beauty.
What that game did was show a defensive coordinator that he can’t double team our best WR and just rush the QB. I mean which one do you double team?

The big guys will get the attention, but Simmons will be the guy that breaks ankles.

I’m ready for the game.

Yessir...an embarrassment of riches at the WR position...and if you try to commit an extra DB, then we'll just have Mr.  Hunter run over/through your front.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2024, 08:54:32 AM »
Yessir...an embarrassment of riches at the WR position...and if you try to commit an extra DB, then we'll just have Mr.  Hunter run over/through your front.
I read where a TE prospect from
Illinois (Sutter) was a visitor for the opener and was excited how Auburn was putting more emphasis on that position.
He said Auburn was definitely in his top 5.

I'm getting goosebumps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2024, 11:26:19 AM »
I read where a TE prospect from
Illinois (Sutter) was a visitor for the opener and was excited how Auburn was putting more emphasis on that position.
He said Auburn was definitely in his top 5.

I'm getting goosebumps.

Frazier. The most underutilized TE in AU history…

Last season he had 7 catches, two for TDs. (Damned autocorrect)
But mostly they were panic throws from Robby. But get that 6’ 22” guy the ball!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 04:43:57 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2024, 11:44:43 AM »

Last season he had 7 catches, two for TE.

John Samuel Shenker's don't grow on trees...

...if they did I'd be dead before it reached maturity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2024, 12:17:10 PM »

Last season he had 7 catches, two for TE.

Yes, Perry Thompson. Built like a TE, runs and jumps like a gazelle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions