Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Teams You Predict Will Underperform/Disappoint

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Teams You Predict Will Underperform/Disappoint
« on: August 27, 2024, 09:55:45 AM »
Put your step outs, calling it nows, pin the tail on the donkey for teams you think will not live up to hype, expectations, media constructs this season.

Texas
They are beat up already, lost boss DLs, and I don't trust Quinn "Funky Throwing Motion" Ewers at all. In fact, won't be surprised if he gets hurt, they put Arch Manning in, and roll with him. Brutal schedule.

Ole Miss
Mercenary culture falls apart once they lose a game or two and it's obvious they aren't making the 12. Lane will have his agent (probably Jimmy Hat Sexton) speed dialing every NFL team (or Florida) to get out of dodge.

Michigan
Lost so much talent and won't have "advanced scouting" on their side. New coach (even if he was there), different set of program standards and such. Harbaugh was a weirdo but he was their weirdo and made that thing tick. I think they fall back a little replacing all that. Their schedule has some real landmines to navigate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Teams You Predict Will Underperform/Disappoint
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2024, 10:44:08 AM »
Good picks.

I'll go:

Penn St - #8???  Honestly cannot name a single player on the team.  They get OSU and Washington at home, but have to travel to USC and Wisky.  I think they lose 3 of those.

Clemson - Dabo lost his fastball and alienated all the top transfers.  Their only saving grace is that other than taking an L out of the gate against UGag, their schedule is ACC baby-shit soft.  They still lose 3-4.

Bama - I know it's trendy to shit on Deboer's prospects, but they have a pretty stout road schedule (Wisky, Tenn, LSU and Okie) along with catching UGag, Mizzou and AU at home.  Hard not to expect some falloff in culture/production/juju simply from the loss of the exacting demands of Saban.

Bonus Pick: I got a hunch them Criminoles ain't gonna be that good this year, Pawwwwwwwwwwwl.  I'll hangupanlissen.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
GH2001,
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2024, 01:14:41 PM »
Mizzou's marshmallow schedule might save them from a real disaster, but I think they lose 4 or 5.

I'm not sure what to think of aTm.  What they are or aren't could have a big effect on several teams.  Same for USCe.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2024, 01:37:29 PM »
Mizzou's marshmallow schedule might save them from a real disaster, but I think they lose 4 or 5.

I'm not sure what to think of aTm.  What they are or aren't could have a big effect on several teams.  Same for USCe.

I wanted to pick on Mizzou, but that schedule is fucking laughable.

That game against the domers will tell us a lot about aTm...I'm vacillating on my wager on that one a bit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2024, 03:45:55 PM »
Clemson definitely. How bad is it gonna look when FSU curbstomps them?  Maybe not as bad as a loss to BC.

Georgia: Hear me out...they actually have a schedule that's not former SEC East heavy. They have to roll into Tuscaloosa somewhat early in the season. A big easy over Yabbo will get them in their feels, but then the real SEC schedule says hello. I think they still make the playoff but as an at large somewhere around 10 or 11.

I called the Criminoles as soon as I saw they were ranked 10th. They will still win 8 or 9, but won't finish even sniffing the top 10.

Notre Dame:  Elko's bunch will expose them and they will lose a few more before it's over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2024, 04:15:40 PM »
them Criminoles ain't gonna be that good this year, Pawwwwwwwwwwwl.  I'll hangupanlissen.

Whatchhooo thank Pawllll??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2024, 04:16:43 PM »
Clemson definitely. How bad is it gonna look when FSU curbstomps them?  Maybe not as bad as a loss to BC.

Georgia: Hear me out...they actually have a schedule that's not former SEC East heavy. They have to roll into Tuscaloosa somewhat early in the season. A big easy over Yabbo will get them in their feels, but then the real SEC schedule says hello. I think they still make the playoff but as an at large somewhere around 10 or 11.

I called the Criminoles as soon as I saw they were ranked 10th. They will still win 8 or 9, but won't finish even sniffing the top 10.

Notre Dame:  Elko's bunch will expose them and they will lose a few more before it's over.

In re to UGA, I will just say that almost the entire CFB world is underestimating how much Bowers meant (and did) to that team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2024, 08:06:43 AM »
In re to UGA, I will just say that almost the entire CFB world is underestimating how much Bowers meant (and did) to that team.

He beat Auburn by himself. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher