Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hopes & Dreams: A Typical “What You Hope to See" Thread

Hopes & Dreams: A Typical “What You Hope to See" Thread
« on: August 22, 2024, 09:26:25 AM »
Football season is upon us. It has provided a notable tingling sensation in Snake’s snake. Things I am hoping to see our boys in orange & blue accomplish this season:

1. 2500+ yards passing
2. 1000+ yard receiver
3. 1000+ yard rusher
4. Less than 20 points a game for our defense
5. 8-9 wins (it feels within reach)
6. Continued recruiting momentum
7. A bowl win

Wet dream scenario… a win in Athens and/or Turdtown. Give me 1 of ‘em, for the love of all things good and beautiful in this world.

What are some mile markers you Gentlemen hope to witness from our Tigers in this building year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Hopes & Dreams: A Typical “What You Hope to See" Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2024, 10:01:59 AM »
Football season is upon us. It has provided a notable tingling sensation in Snake’s snake. Things I am hoping to see our boys in orange & blue accomplish this season:

1. 2500+ yards passing
2. 1000+ yard receiver
3. 1000+ yard rusher
7. A bowl win

Wet dream scenario… a win in Athens and/or Turdtown. Give me 1 of ‘em, for the love of all things good and beautiful in this world.

What are some mile markers you Gentlemen hope to witness from our Tigers in this building year?

I don't see a juggernaut team from top to bottom, nationally, other than maybe tOSU - possibly Oregon - and thats just purely based off roster talent and depth on paper. Georgia is actually somewhat thin on depth in key places for the first time in a while and no longer have Brock Bowers to bail them out of games that are close. I just don't think they are unbeatable anymore. Bama has some glaring holes too. AU had them on the ropes for 99% of that game. Millroe aint all that and our defensive game plan showed it. Ole Miss has the potential to be solid with their schedule setup and roster but Lane always shits the bed against a few teams annually. All that said....we play the first two, and don't play the 3rd. I think the conference is honestly up for grabs with Texas, Bama, UGA And Ole Miss being those obvious teams that will probably do well even if not undefeated. But.....

Any given Saturday this season, to me.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2024, 10:03:33 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2024, 10:32:09 AM »

1. 2500+ yards passing
2. 1000+ yard receiver
3. 1000+ yard rusher
7. A bowl win

I'm in lock step with those, and think all are attainable.  The 8-9 wins may be more realistic than the 1000 yard receiver.  I think our O-line will be much improved, but still not great by any means.  Worried that they're experimenting with moving 6'7" 350 pound Percy inside, and 6'3" 302 Dillon Wade out to left tackle.  Tells me we ain't there yet, and may not be able to give Thorne everything he needs protection-wise to totally light it up.  But 2500+???  Oh yeah, that's doable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2024, 11:12:32 AM »
I'm in lock step with those, and think all are attainable.  The 8-9 wins may be more realistic than the 1000 yard receiver.  I think our O-line will be much improved, but still not great by any means.  Worried that they're experimenting with moving 6'7" 350 pound Percy inside, and 6'3" 302 Dillon Wade out to left tackle.  Tells me we ain't there yet, and may not be able to give Thorne everything he needs protection-wise to totally light it up.  But 2500+???  Oh yeah, that's doable.

Thorne legit had a Sun Belt level WR corps last year and not much better of an OL. Both are upgraded BIGLY. Not to defend him too much because he does tend to go "deer in the headlights" at times but when he had a solid line and a stud WR at MSU, he was so much more serviceable. I hope that happens again. If it doesnt? Yeah Im done with him. But I like giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

Remember when Bo Nix feared for his life and took off running like a drunk chicken every other play? yeah he knew what kind of WRs and Line he had. Been that way the last 3-4 years. In hindsight, yeah, who could blame him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2024, 11:45:26 AM »
Thorne legit had a Sun Belt level WR corps last year and not much better of an OL. Both are upgraded BIGLY. Not to defend him too much because he does tend to go "deer in the headlights" at times but when he had a solid line and a stud WR at MSU, he was so much more serviceable. I hope that happens again. If it doesnt? Yeah Im done with him. But I like giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

Remember when Bo Nix feared for his life and took off running like a drunk chicken every other play? yeah he knew what kind of WRs and Line he had. Been that way the last 3-4 years. In hindsight, yeah, who could blame him.

I would say it's upgraded with regard to the experience factor.  Big Percy gave me wood, but moving him inside this late, experiment or not, tells me he's not getting it done like they want out at left tackle.  That's not chicken little stuff here.  I'm cautiously optimistic they'll be significantly improved.  They should be.  But Izavion Miller, Jeremiah Wright, Conner Lew and Dillon Wade were the same turnstiles from last season. Hopefully, the experience and playing together for so many games will translate into tasty goodness in 2024.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2024, 12:47:48 PM »
I would say it's upgraded with regard to the experience factor.  Big Percy gave me wood, but moving him inside this late, experiment or not, tells me he's not getting it done like they want out at left tackle.  That's not chicken little stuff here.  I'm cautiously optimistic they'll be significantly improved.  They should be.  But Izavion Miller, Jeremiah Wright, Conner Lew and Dillon Wade were the same turnstiles from last season. Hopefully, the experience and playing together for so many games will translate into tasty goodness in 2024.

Agreed.  Only a faggert would disagree with this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2024, 01:10:10 PM »

Snags' dumbass fails to see the floor of the OL was elevated. So was the depth. THAT matters in games.

And then what he said on having another year of experience together which is also YUGGELY BIGLY in tough games. I'm honestly shocked he made that point being the obtuse lawyer that he is. In fact, I will give his big forehead self a kudos on that one. Maybe he will even get laid tonight. He can be such a foggot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2024, 01:13:28 PM »
I disagree on the panic.
Generally speaking, very few offensive linemen excel equally in both pass protection and run blocking. The tinkering could be an effort to get our 3 or 4 most dependable tackles reps on both sides in case one goes down for an extended period.
You still want your best on the field which is why in the past we have had interchangable guards and tackles  sliding over to fill a void. Like most any sport, some people can't move as well going to their right...or left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2024, 01:15:46 PM »
I disagree on the panic.
Generally speaking, very few offensive linemen excel equally in both pass protection and run blocking. The tinkering could be an effort to get our 3 or 4 most dependable tackles reps on both sides in case one goes down for an extended period.
You still want your best on the field which is why in the past we have had interchangable guards and tackles  sliding over to fill a void. Like most any sport, some people can't move as well going to their right...or left.

That said, I think the line was good enough most times. Our WR's were truly bad enough to the point where the line needed to play at the level of UGA's. And well, it wasn't.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2024, 01:21:34 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2024, 01:20:13 PM »
I disagree on the panic.

I am going to be completely honest here. I just wanted to say faggert.

Acting as an adult, I don’t disagree with you. In fact, anyone that does is a bundle of sticks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2024, 01:22:48 PM »
I am going to be completely honest here. I just wanted to say faggert.

Acting as an adult, I don’t disagree with you. In fact, anyone that does is a bundle of sticks.

Hey speaking of.....who is posting on this thread today, is a foggot and doesn't have balls? Any guesses? Anyone?

He/She/They/IT also will cut a bitch. Cmon guys, any takers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2024, 01:34:19 PM »
Hey speaking of.....who is posting on this thread today, is a foggot and doesn't have balls? Any guesses? Anyone?

He/She/They/IT also will cut a bitch. Cmon guys, any takers?

Who's a faggeaux?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2024, 02:07:14 PM »
Who's a faggeaux?

Ohhh, faget about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2024, 02:20:08 PM »
Ohhh, faget about it.

You're an butthole. And a fogget.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2024, 02:44:41 PM »
You're an butthole. And a fogget.

I wonder if we should faggoe all this faggartisty lest someone have a stroke?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2024, 02:57:23 PM »
On the 8-9 wins dealio, if we won 6 (Shoulda' coulda' woulda' beat Bama for 7) with that line and those receivers last year, no reason we shouldn't improve by at least a couple of wins.

That's real sound, well thought out logic right there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2024, 02:59:51 PM »
On the 8-9 wins dealio, if we won 6 (Shoulda' coulda' woulda' beat Bama for 7) with that line and those receivers last year, no reason we shouldn't improve by at least a couple of wins.

Troof. I see 10 as the best case scenario, 7 as the worst.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2024, 04:55:02 PM »

NMSU was also quite the snafu that normally wouldn't happen. JS. Thats 8.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2024, 05:27:31 PM »
NMSU was also quite the snafu that normally wouldn't happen. JS. Thats 8.

Werd to your mutha.

Please don't take this as any kind of excuse.  It's just sports.

NMSU had a very good Group of 5 club.  They came into JHS riding a 6 game winning streak, and nothing to lose.  Let's face it, we weren't very good.  Certainly not good enough to take a week off against anybody.

After the Iron Bowl, I was talking with former Bama MNC Quarterback, Steadman Shealy.  (Shameless name drop) He said, "As soon as Auburn got off the bus from Arkansas, they started watching film on Bama.  As soon as New Mexico State beat Auburn, Bama put in the Georgia film."

He said, don't think that's not exactly what happened.  NMSU was a tune up for the Iron Bowl.  Auburn was a tune up for the SECCG.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2024, 05:50:58 PM »
Werd to your mutha.

Please don't take this as any kind of excuse.  It's just sports.

NMSU had a very good Group of 5 club.  They came into JHS riding a 6 game winning streak, and nothing to lose.  Let's face it, we weren't very good.  Certainly not good enough to take a week off against anybody.

After the Iron Bowl, I was talking with former Bama MNC Quarterback, Steadman Shealy.  (Shameless name drop) He said, "As soon as Auburn got off the bus from Arkansas, they started watching film on Bama.  As soon as New Mexico State beat Auburn, Bama put in the Georgia film."

He said, don't think that's not exactly what happened.  NMSU was a tune up for the Iron Bowl.  Auburn was a tune up for the SECCG.
Now that's some old school Bamer douchery right there. I grew up on that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions