Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Some blame Franklin...

Some blame Franklin...
« on: November 21, 2008, 08:38:59 AM »
...however, when you install an offense that is sold regularly on E-Bay, you should expect this.

Auburn QB: Opponents Knew Too Much

November 20, 2008

WHNT's Nick Banaszak reports:

Auburn's starting quarterback says the Tigers are changing their play-calling scheme after recent concerns over signal stealing. In an exclusive 1-on-1 interview, Quarterback Kodi Burns told Newschannel 19 that the Tigers are now calling almost all of their plays from inside the huddle rather than from the sideline. Burns says recent opponents were reading their plays on a much higher than average basis, leading him and others to believe that their signal-calling system had been compromised. Burns told Newschannel 19 that the Tigers became aware of what was going on the last few weeks.

"As a team we just kind of found out by guys on the field, the defense had an idea of what was coming and we kind of figured it out. We think huddling would be the best thing for us."

Signal-stealing does happen, but Auburn coaches felt it was at a level where the play-calling system had to be revised. To hear more of our 1-on-1 interview with Kodi Burns, tune in to our Iron Bowl special Tuesday night on Newschannel 19.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Some blame Franklin...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 09:00:13 AM »
Damn that Franklin for giving USC our offensive calls...that has to be the reason they could slant and blow up every play back in 2003, right?
Oh, and he must have given them to Arkansas, Georgia, Wisconsin, Miss St, South Florida...oh, and Georgia Tech too.  That Bastard!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 09:02:39 AM »
Damn that Franklin for giving USC our offensive calls...that has to be the reason they could slant and blow up every play back in 2003, right?

:bugs:

I never understood why Tubs made that excuse for every team that beat us...every fucking team slants...it is a very common type of defense. Why we were confused by USC doing it I have no idea....well actually...I have some idea..........hugh nall......cough cough.........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 10:28:15 AM »
Christ man! This went on for two yrs with borges. Rumors his signs were known or that he was just too predictable. For the love of God and all that is Holy can we secure an offensive staff that can disguise our motherfreaking playcalling just a wee little freaking bit!!!!!!!!!!! :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions