Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Time for Thorne to Get his Roses?

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
Re: Time for Thorne to Get his Roses?
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2024, 09:02:38 AM »
Right.  Because that’s a good look.

CTE don’t give a fuck!  Fuck perception!  That doesn’t make a difference with future cruits! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

jmar

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2024, 09:19:34 AM »
What does Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy have to do with Auburns's dismal QB play?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2024, 09:33:55 AM »
I have read on more than one occaision that Thorne is like having an extra coach on the field. By all indications I'm sure he's a nice young man. He might have a bright future as a football coach.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2024, 10:28:14 AM »
Perusing the Tik Toks last night, and came across one that said, "Let's look at the top 3 worst quarterbacks in college football". 

Thorne was this guy's #2. I think that's a little low.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2024, 10:50:56 AM »
Perusing the Tik Toks last night, and came across one that said, "Let's look at the top 3 worst quarterbacks in college football". 

Thorne was this guy's #2. I think that's a little low.

Let’s not temp Vanilla Vick to go for the gold here because he will sure as hell do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2024, 09:59:38 AM »
At this point, what could possibly be gained by starting Thorne?  I’m not throwing in the towel on the season two games in.  I put this past Saturday’s shit sandwich more on the coaching staff than anyone else.  A simple adjustment in the first quarter, to rushing 4-5 instead of 3 every single down, might have won the game with D alone. Getting the ball out of the QB’s hands when they’re bringing linebackers every play could have been just what the O needed to get kick started.  Ear-Regardless, in the end, you’re still relying on Payton Thorne to make those throws.

Thorne is a 12th year senior.  He’s gone after this season, and playing him does nothing to prepare this team for the future.  Stick with him, and you’re going into next year with one big, fat question at the most important position on the field.  If you don’t have enough sample size by now to see that the guy is simply not an SEC caliber QB, you need your head examined.  No one here, or anywhere that I’ve heard, is saying HB24, or Two-Dub, or Gurrnrr are better.  Nobody knows that at this point.  But you do know that you’re not going anywhere with PT under center.

I heard it said perfectly yesterday.  I hope Monday, we’re talking about how Hank Brown did, and not that Payton Thorne threw for 311 yards and 3 TD’s, because if it’s Thorne, Auburn is still in the same boat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2024, 10:19:20 AM »
At this point, what could possibly be gained by starting Thorne?  I’m not throwing in the towel on the season two games in.  I put this past Saturday’s shit sandwich more on the coaching staff than anyone else.  A simple adjustment in the first quarter, to rushing 4-5 instead of 3 every single down, might have won the game with D alone. Getting the ball out of the QB’s hands when they’re bringing linebackers every play could have been just what the O needed to get kick started.  Ear-Regardless, in the end, you’re still relying on Payton Thorne to make those throws.

Thorne is a 12th year senior.  He’s gone after this season, and playing him does nothing to prepare this team for the future.  Stick with him, and you’re going into next year with one big, fat question at the most important position on the field.  If you don’t have enough sample size by now to see that the guy is simply not an SEC caliber QB, you need your head examined.  No one here, or anywhere that I’ve heard, is saying HB24, or Two-Dub, or Gurrnrr are better.  Nobody knows that at this point.  But you do know that you’re not going anywhere with PT under center.

I heard it said perfectly yesterday.  I hope Monday, we’re talking about how Hank Brown did, and not that Payton Thorne threw for 311 yards and 3 TD’s, because if it’s Thorne, Auburn is still in the same boat.

This guy knows his shit because I'm in total agreement. Yeah.

Brown could go 65% with no turnovers while leaning on a run game that needs work.
Give him some quick throws just get rid of the ball quicker than Thorne and stop trying to craft some kind of a Duhvenchy out of a common pitch and catch.
Tom Terrific was first a field manager and that Super Bowl season was a total team effort. He showed improvement as the season progressed.

We aren't driving a stake through Thorne's heart, we just want to see another guy show us what he's got.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2024, 10:55:22 AM »
Walker White might turn into the most legendary Friday Night hash slinger in the anus of Waffle House but you don't start at the top people. You train as a prep cook, mind the irons, man the toaster and bide your time until your number is called. Is he a student of the game, a grill rat? How can we know until the regular cook pulls a no call- no show and White is thrust into the heat if battle to sink or swim. Hey! I asked fer my eggs soft scrambled, not murdered.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2024, 11:18:32 AM »
Walker White might turn into the most legendary Friday Night hash slinger in the anus of Waffle House but you don't start at the top people. You train as a prep cook, mind the irons, man the toaster and bide your time until your number is called. Is he a student of the game, a grill rat? How can we know until the regular cook pulls a no call- no show and White is thrust into the heat if battle to sink or swim. Hey! I asked fer my eggs soft scrambled, not murdered.

Huh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2024, 11:21:27 AM »

I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2024, 11:25:03 AM »

Walker White is the one who knocks.

Say his name!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

jmar

« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2024, 11:49:10 AM »
I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.
Speaking of t bones, I heard that line repeated just a few weeks ago and it's still priceless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2024, 01:15:57 PM »

Actually, I don’t think that is accurate at all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2024, 01:58:42 PM »
It's gotta be your bull
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2024, 02:05:23 PM »
I can picture a butcher asking Snags, 'Look fella I have work to do. You want anything or are you just gonna talk me to death?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2024, 02:08:05 PM »
It's gotta be your bull

Where in the hell have you been?
You've been missed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2024, 03:06:01 PM »
Where in the hell have you been?
You've been missed.

By who?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2024, 04:37:50 PM »
By who?

*whom

And you want to be my latex salesman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
jmar,
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2024, 04:42:14 PM »
*whom

Cheers!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2024, 05:11:17 PM »
*whom

Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions