Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What is fucked cannot be unfucked

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: What is fucked cannot be unfucked
« Reply #240 on: October 19, 2018, 10:59:56 AM »
This is what I don't understand.  I'm supposedly not as smart as the President of our University and the BoT's but what the fuck are they thinking or seeing in Gus?  Why in fucksake would you make a contract like that.  I just don't get it.  Did they just not want to deal with a coaching search?  Does Gus give really good blow-jobs? 
He's got pictures of somebody with dead hookers or live boys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #241 on: October 19, 2018, 11:17:21 AM »
He's got pictures of somebody with dead hookers or live boys.
Yella fella likes the boys?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2018, 01:33:42 PM »
We lose the rematch against UGA in the SECCG because we have no running back healthy enough to carry the load similar to @ UGA the year before when they had a most pathetic team.
WE had a healthy RB. He was just sideline decor!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2018, 01:45:52 PM »
WE had a healthy RB. He was just sideline decor!
Foul! He took me out of context. Who do I complain to, Kay Ivey? No...leftist sources indicate she's stroking out not to mention she's on the Awbun Bowd uh trusteeeez. Who is this healthy back you are referring to sir?  I gotta know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2018, 02:14:12 PM »
Foul! He took me out of context. Who do I complain to, Kay Ivey? No...leftist sources indicate she's stroking out not to mention she's on the Awbun Bowd uh trusteeeez. Who is this healthy back you are referring to sir?  I gotta know.
Pettway was ready to go! He had been healthy for weeks. But apparently Gus had suspended him, but told no one. Word is he was back to full speed. I shudder to think of the ass whooping we would have given UGA with him back there!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2018, 02:23:49 PM »
Pettway was ready to go! He had been healthy for weeks. But apparently Gus had suspended him, but told no one. Word is he was back to full speed. I shudder to think of the ass whooping we would have given UGA with him back there!
All the more reason then to unload this shithead on a network dedicated to boring an audience to death.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #246 on: October 20, 2018, 09:49:38 PM »
Yup. He was healthy. WOTS Pettway failed a drug test...he liked to smoke and Malzahn apparently doesn't allow that, so he went with a busted up RB that could barely hold the football. Smh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #247 on: September 09, 2024, 08:02:35 AM »
Once again, we revisit the sage wisdom of this thread, now 12 years in life. And what has changed since we last visited here, 'round this all-too-familiar campfire.

We fired Gus. Paid the buyout. Bit the bullet.

We got an internal power struggle that led to a hot tub time machine hiring of a guy who saw one thing at Auburn - $.

We paid that douche canoe to go back to drag racing with his train wreck posse, watched a beloved legend rally the players and fans only to succumb to the power of the P (who among us can't relate?), and now he's in Vegas waiting to be NFL fired.

We wined and dined the Carpetbagger of all Carpetbaggers until, according to ESPN proctologist, Chris Low, his daughter and a group of sorority sisters changed his mind.

So, we landed on Bucky the Righteous Beav. He of many levels of ill-repute and ego mania. Oh, he seems changed. Maybe he has. Not my problem, really. It's the pattern he is repeating that, well, would be troubling, if I could muster the energy to care at all anymore. Huge Beav puts on a good show, says words people want to hear, even talks a few well-regarded players to join the fold. But he fails in the same ways every time. Stubborn adherence to system over players, sticking with "his guys" and surrounding the staff with "Yes people" to keep his ego afloat. It's never his fault. It's always someone else's. He burned so many media that only the truly Dye-Hard AU media left lap up the continual stream of memberberries juice he specializes in while the rest just write the same, tired, mantra - "Just Auburn Being Auburn."

Just Auburn Being Auburn

That once meant something quite different. Now it means exactly what the talking head turned Athletics Director meant it as. A group that can't manage success to build to more success. A group hungry for winning no matter the cost. A group that absolutely learns the wrong lessons from every uptick and ignores the warnings of the downturns.

Just Auburn Being Auburn
Caught in a perpetual cycle of looking for the quick fix never realizing the infrastructure necessary for sustained success. I am now firmly in the camp that it will take a "nuclear" option for Auburn to ever get back to the top end of the sports. Aside from the ever-shifting landscape of college football, there's still a pattern for how that is done. It will now take someone who can turn away every unnecessary element to focus on foundational change that leads to long-term success. I don't know who that is anymore. I don't know who it was the last time the job was open. And I don't know why they'd come to Auburn over any number of programs that offer less resistance and have better alignment. The fans? We will be there, to a fault, because there is something uniquely special about the place, in spite of how bad a shape it is in currently. And the fans will always come for a winner.

What happens next? I expect not much different than what's been on rinse-repeat for more than a decade. Win some. Lose some. Two steps forward. Three steps back.

I find myself drawn to other interests. My days are shorter now. Certainly shorter than they were when I was much younger and all of this seemed to matter so much more. Things I thought I'd never be able to live without, I now barely think of unless I force myself to. It really doesn't matter. It's just a nice distraction from *waves everywhere.* But there are other distractions that require less suspension of disbelief, less acceptance of things I do not trust.

Just Auburn Being Auburn...until it is no more.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2024, 08:06:10 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #248 on: September 09, 2024, 08:43:32 AM »
The answer is simple.
Hank Brown is our starter this week.
He gets a warmup against N. Mexico and then against Arkansas.

Team leaders like Luke Deal invoke "the culture."
Football games are meant to be won. Thorne had his chance to perform and didn't get the desired results.
Such is life. Doesn't mean you can't revert back to Thorne or QB3.

Pat Dye 1985:

Burger
Walden
Washington
I recall how pissed I was at the QB roulette against early opponent Tennessee. Walden was much heralded and got the start in a miserable loss.
He never recovered, shades of that kid Barnett at the Crapstone.

IT CAN BE UNFUCKED

« Last Edit: September 09, 2024, 09:13:33 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #249 on: September 09, 2024, 10:03:10 AM »
The answer is simple.
Hank Brown is our starter this week.
He gets a warmup against N. Mexico and then against Arkansas.

Team leaders like Luke Deal invoke "the culture."
Football games are meant to be won. Thorne had his chance to perform and didn't get the desired results.
Such is life. Doesn't mean you can't revert back to Thorne or QB3.

Pat Dye 1985:

Burger
Walden
Washington
I recall how pissed I was at the QB roulette against early opponent Tennessee. Walden was much heralded and got the start in a miserable loss.

IT CAN BE UNFUCKED

The Beaver is not the guy to un-flick it. 

Never was. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #250 on: September 09, 2024, 10:40:06 AM »
You don't allow one guy to be the darling, the face of the program, "the culture." Kindler, gentler doesn't cut it.
Freeze has a chance to fix what he created with Thorne.

Pat Dye: I am your culture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #251 on: September 09, 2024, 01:28:40 PM »

Pat Dye 1985:

Burger
Walden
Washington

IT CAN BE UNFUCKED

To be fair, Walden was the best of the bunch. However, the poor kid showed up with two busted knees. I would have loved to have seen a heathy Walden.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #252 on: September 09, 2024, 01:49:59 PM »
To be fair, Walden was the best of the bunch. However, the poor kid showed up with two busted knees. I would have loved to have seen a heathy Walden.
There ain't no fair in football!

So I go out to Cordova to watch my granddaughter cheer. These are 10 -12 year olds. Cordova and Parrish are adjoining communities and known for entertaining a little hs football during a free for all bleacher clearing brawl.

Anyway somewhere over time they have also collected some ghetto kids and parents.
I show up and one of the kid's parents is shouting like a lunatic at the refs and opposing side. It seems one kid for their bunch made three good stops and kept straddling his prey with an extended pose. The ref warned him twice and then sent him off the field after the third.

Then the opposing coaches were seen switching his jersey and sent him back on the field and the ref just allowed it to happen.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #253 on: September 09, 2024, 05:55:04 PM »
There ain't no fair in football!

So I go out to Cordova to watch my granddaughter cheer. These are 10 -12 year olds. Cordova and Parrish are adjoining communities and known for entertaining a little hs football during a free for all bleacher clearing brawl.

Anyway somewhere over time they have also collected some ghetto kids and parents.
I show up and one of the kid's parents is shouting like a lunatic at the refs and opposing side. It seems one kid for their bunch made three good stops and kept straddling his prey with an extended pose. The ref warned him twice and then sent him off the field after the third.

Then the opposing coaches were seen switching his jersey and sent him back on the field and the ref just allowed it to happen.

Are you suggesting Cam Newton switch jerseys with Thorne?  Could we make that happen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #254 on: September 09, 2024, 06:18:30 PM »
Are you suggesting Cam Newton switch jerseys with Thorne?  Could we make that happen?
I would be thrilled to see him dashing into open field and would be tacklers avoiding him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #255 on: September 10, 2024, 10:50:00 AM »

After his comment on Deion's greatness as a coach and possibly winning a Natty in Year 2, I don't think that boy's head is "right".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #256 on: September 11, 2024, 12:20:12 PM »
Back to the Future: Part Puke.

Anybody remember all the times Gus talked about “cutting back the playbook?” 

Well, here we are again. That’s Freeze’s current take.  Dial it back.  It’s too much. 

Shoot me.  Shoot me now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #257 on: September 11, 2024, 02:15:22 PM »

Well, here we are again. That’s Freeze’s current take.  Dial it back.  It’s too much. 

Shoot me.  Shoot me now.

Horse Hockey! 

Handing the ball off and running only slow developing pass plays 30 yards downfield, is not a complicated playbook.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #258 on: September 11, 2024, 07:41:18 PM »

Shoot me.  Shoot me now.

vanilla. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2024, 09:36:13 AM »
vanilla.

Vanilla Vick likes it that way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg