Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Win Total - Why? - Breakout Player

jmar

Re: Win Total - Why? - Breakout Player
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2024, 07:56:44 AM »
My breakout player this year that nobody suspects: Champ Anthony

I was not a fan of K. Scott moving to the boundary, as I think there will be drop off there as compared to Pritchett last year. However, I’m a believer in Champ Anthony, especially if he puts on some good weight. Dude is a heat-seeking missile of “get the hell off my field, bitch.”
Agree about the Scott move to corner. That looked like a knee jerk reaction to losing so many corners to graduation and think they addressed that shortfall in the portal.

Snag's points to the edge position for breakout candidates. We know that relentless pressure is the best way to defend against the pass, last play of Iron Bowl notwithstanding.

I'm excited about the staff and the experienced personnel they have gathered like the Lewis' on offense and
the interior DT's like Raikes, Blidi etc.

We have 4 games to get it together.

Naming Thorne early dampened the enthusiasm for many of the Auburn faithful.
Maybe that changes after a successful Big Cat weekend, perception being the driving force.

Any late season mention of needing this or that win to qualify for a bowl game will be disasterous for the program. That's the reality.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2024, 09:38:17 AM »
Agree about the Scott move to corner. That looked like a knee jerk reaction to losing so many corners to graduation and think they addressed that shortfall in the portal.

Snag's points to the edge position for breakout candidates. We know that relentless pressure is the best way to defend against the pass, last play of Iron Bowl notwithstanding.

I'm excited about the staff and the experienced personnel they have gathered like the Lewis' on offense and
the interior DT's like Raikes, Blidi etc.

We have 4 games to get it together.

Naming Thorne early dampened the enthusiasm for many of the Auburn faithful.
Maybe that changes after a successful Big Cat weekend, perception being the driving force.

Any late season mention of needing this or that win to qualify for a bowl game will be disasterous for the program. That's the reality.

I think Thorne & last year's offense is why we don't have a QB committed to us in this '25 cycle thus far.  1700 passing yards is abysmal any way you slice it and is easy to use as a negative recruiting talking point from opposing coaches.  Said it to a few, but will repeat it here... Hugh better not be stubborn this year about making a change if it looks like more of the same. 

That said, I am pulling for PT to be successful.  At this point, where I am based off of the amateur eye test & arm chair quarterbacking, I am more confident in Hank Brown's ability to make plays. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2024, 09:47:41 AM »
Gotta get out of this old school way of thinking. Auburn isn't the Auburn you and I knew before and Mizzou isn't the Mizzou we've known since their two year splash landing in Atlanta.

Times have changed and continue to change.

My OG point is they are in better shape than Auburn right now. Getting that game in their stadium gives them the advantage. Not thinking blow out (unless Thorne "Thornes").

Someone boo this man ^^....  Boooo!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2024, 10:11:56 AM »
Many hoped Walker White would come in and blow people away and establish himself as the QB of the future.  Some looked at HB24-25’s performance in the Bowl game, and thought this could be the guy. Err’magrrd Gerrnerr, doesn’t seem to be in the picture.

Now, are they sitting there with a finger on a hair-trigger, ready to pull it at the first sign of Thorne retardation?  Could be, but clearly, we don't have anybody who separated themselves from Thorne.

I’m of the belief that these coaches, whose huge salaries are directly tied to success on the field, are only going to put the best out there at each position, especially QB.  If they thought White or HB24-25 were better options, they would put them in.  U Free has been at times, brutally honest about Thorne. Even at halftime interviews, he’s basically said the guy needs to get his head out of his ass, or we’ll go a different route.

Outside of a damn good ability to run the read option, Thorne didn’t impress.  However, I’m assuming the corches were well aware he didn’t have shit around him last year, and feel like he’ll be the man with a better line, better weapons and hopefully, better coaching. If not....   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2024, 10:14:57 AM »

Booooo 6.  Boooo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2024, 10:24:58 AM »

Boooooooooooo!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2024, 11:19:56 AM »
You can look like the goat and still throw a pick six and lose.
I think that's where we are tentatively. We are going with the experienced guy until he can't get it done. Nothing set in stone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2024, 08:02:31 AM »
Nussmeier at LSU isn't that much ahead of Walker White in terms of experience. Old redface is taking the plunge with his guy.
I'm not sold on Thorne nor am I on Hank Brown. We saw what Johnson of TAMU did to us in one half last year...very similar to Brown's bowl game results.

So Freeze sticks with Thorne.
He has his offense, his handpicked coaches and he's calling the plays.

FULL OWNERSHIP.

If it were up to me I would get Thorne off the field as soon as a game was in hand to give Brown and White the needed reps, the reps they have earned!

I don't believe in padding a statline like it's an NFL audition. Get him off the field.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2024, 09:09:18 AM »
I am more confident in Hank Brown's ability to make plays.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2024, 10:18:54 AM »

I seriously have no idea. You guys have seen them in action however limited.
You're number two in my mind is the game manager that doesn't get you beat.

It's supposed to be riskier with the unknown but it's also risky to sit on talent that other program's would welcome in a heartbeat.

I want to see White early. I'm told he has a knack of barreling by defenders in open field and definitely has the arm to match.

Also remember the Kodi Burns reports of how amazingly athletic he was in the words of his teammates.

No way of knowing until we see him on the field.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions