Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Man In Full

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
A Man In Full
« on: July 12, 2024, 10:30:50 AM »
I loved the Tom Wolfe novel (and most of his work, really), and I'm a big Jeff Daniels fan, so this was a no-brainer to watch.

I'm two eps in and it's really well done.  Daniels captures Charlie Croker's huge personality and does a pretty passable south GA cracker accent. 

The rest of the cast is solid:

sniveling Ray Peepgrass is nailed by Tom Pelphrey
Diane Lane as the first wife watching the downfall from the sidelines
Lucy Liu is Lane's best-friend
Josh Pais is the angel-investor getting wooed
Anthony Heald (the odious Frederick Chilton from Silence of the Lambs) is a heartless judge

Still plenty of time to fizzle or falter, but two eps in and I'm along for the full ride.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: A Man In Full
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2024, 04:38:45 PM »
I loved the Tom Wolfe novel (and most of his work, really), and I'm a big Jeff Daniels fan, so this was a no-brainer to watch.

I'm two eps in and it's really well done.  Daniels captures Charlie Croker's huge personality and does a pretty passable south GA cracker accent. 

The rest of the cast is solid:

sniveling Ray Peepgrass is nailed by Tom Pelphrey
Diane Lane as the first wife watching the downfall from the sidelines
Lucy Liu is Lane's best-friend
Josh Pais is the angel-investor getting wooed
Anthony Heald (the odious Frederick Chilton from Silence of the Lambs) is a heartless judge

Still plenty of time to fizzle or falter, but two eps in and I'm along for the full ride.

I couldn't get past 2 episodes. The accent and act are way over the top. I like Jeff Daniels but.....no. I think it's a good story and screenplay that was executed poorly. I mean this in a non political way but Hollywood just cannot get the southern bit down very well more times than not. Gump, Driving Miss Daisy and Fried Green are some of the few who did it well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE