Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Let's Talk Football

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Let's Talk Football
« on: August 14, 2024, 10:28:16 AM »
August 31st at 6:30 p.m.  Pat Dye Field at Jordan Hare Stadium.  The 2024 season kicks off for YOUR Auburn Tigers against Alabama A&M.

Okay, a little too dramatic.  It is AA&M.  Obviously, most people look at this game as a tune up.  A chance to pop the pads against somebody not in orange and blue on the practice field.  And it should be a game that’s well in hand long before half time. I’ve seen point spreads ranging from 32.5 up to 49.5, and yes, that should be the case.  But, it’s still hard to get those flashbacks of New Mexico State out of our minds.  We hope that Co U Free has figured out that there are 12 football Saturdays, and he needs to have his team mentally and physically prepared for every single one, regardless of the opponent.

As for the opponent in 17 days, they’re coming off 3 consecutive losing seasons.  Last year, they were 5-6 with an opening day, 47-13 loss to Vandy.  They gave up 37 points per game and have 30 new faces on the roster this year. Their outlook for the Auburn game as stated at their Media Days…we know there’s a bigger picture, and just don’t want any of our best players hurt in that game. 

What I want to see is, some of these stud freshmen show out, and serve notice to the SEC, that they can come on around here.  Come on, Cletus.  You walkin’ over, butcha’ limpin’ back.

Oh, and the A&M Band.  Definitely the A&M band.  Who is gonna’ be on teh Planez?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Let's Talk Football
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2024, 11:56:39 AM »
Even at 6:30 it's going to be far too hot to be in the stands for AA&M.

I'll take a dub, but I'm with you: let's let the kids do what they do.  I wanna see some fireworks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2024, 12:17:39 PM »
I lucked out for this one and got the good orange fold down seats, and a parking pass a block from the stadium.  As long as I don't have to lug a cooler all around campus in that heat, I'll give it a go.  Otherwise, I'd have my fat, happy ass parked at home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2024, 12:30:30 PM »
August 31st at 6:30 p.m.  Pat Dye Field at Jordan Hare Stadium.  The 2024 season kicks off for YOUR Auburn Tigers against Alabama A&M.

Okay, a little too dramatic.  It is AA&M.  Obviously, most people look at this game as a tune up.  A chance to pop the pads against somebody not in orange and blue on the practice field.  And it should be a game that’s well in hand long before half time. I’ve seen point spreads ranging from 32.5 up to 49.5, and yes, that should be the case.  But, it’s still hard to get those flashbacks of New Mexico State out of our minds.  We hope that Co U Free has figured out that there are 12 football Saturdays, and he needs to have his team mentally and physically prepared for every single one, regardless of the opponent.

As for the opponent in 17 days, they’re coming off 3 consecutive losing seasons.  Last year, they were 5-6 with an opening day, 47-13 loss to Vandy.  They gave up 37 points per game and have 30 new faces on the roster this year. Their outlook for the Auburn game as stated at their Media Days…we know there’s a bigger picture, and just don’t want any of our best players hurt in that game. 

What I want to see is, some of these stud freshmen show out, and serve notice to the SEC, that they can come on around here.  Come on, Cletus.  You walkin’ over, butcha’ limpin’ back.

Oh, and the A&M Band.  Definitely the A&M band.  Who is gonna’ be on teh Planez?

Yew jus a lookin' fer any oppatunty to talk ' bout tha butt secks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2024, 01:39:43 PM »
I lucked out for this one and got the good orange fold down seats, and a parking pass a block from the stadium.  As long as I don't have to lug a cooler all around campus in that heat, I'll give it a go.  Otherwise, I'd have my fat, happy ass parked at home.

Home is where I’ll be. Projector will be up in the back yard. My little princess hanging out with me bc momma is going out of town. Hot dogs on the grill. Beer in my tum tum. Gonna be a great opening day to the season at the Snake household.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2024, 02:34:49 PM »
The only game I have on the radar, so far, is the Woopiggies. I'd like to make it to the TA&M also. My calendar doesn't go that far...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2024, 05:24:12 PM »
The only game I have on the radar, so far, is the Woopiggies. I'd like to make it to the TA&M also. My calendar doesn't go that far...

Those are the only two I'm attending.  I would choose neither, but familial interests/obligations take precedent over personal opposition to the Beav.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2024, 05:30:14 PM »
Those are the only two I'm attending.  I would choose neither, but familial interests/obligations take precedent over personal opposition to the Beav.

Two games?  You’re back!   A Tiger Looks At 60.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2024, 05:44:04 PM »
Two games?  You’re back!   A Tiger Looks At 60.

Nah.  I'm still antifreeze. 

Youngest daughter's boyfriend wants to come to Arkansas game. Oldest daughter asked me to go with her and some of her friends to A&M as a late birthday present. I'm happier not being obsessed and controlled by it.

I'm lifelong cultured Pearl, though! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2024, 08:03:38 AM »

Attending the Arkansas has almost become a tradition with us, due to the timing mostly. I would love to take my youngest back to the TA&M. 2022 was his first Auburn game at JH and was freakn awesome for him for many reasons, but most importantly he learned how to freeze his nuts off like a man...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions