Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Summer Olympics 2024

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Summer Olympics 2024
« on: July 10, 2024, 11:40:27 AM »
In just a little over 2 weeks, the Summer Olympics will crank up in Paris.  The Olympics used to be a huge deal to me, and I think for the most part, most of the country.  It was must watch TV from the opening ceremonies to closing.  You kept up with the medal count, and hoped those damn, steroid popping Russians were not in first.

I watched, or kept up with every event, and gymnastics were as big as any in the games. Maybe because the leotards the girls were wearing, were cut to ride so high on the buttocks and thighs, that there was a lot of exposed, young flesh. GIGGITY!!!

Track was huge, and you actually knew the names and backgrounds of many on the team.  But now?  I just had to look up when the games start. I get the sense that most of Murrica' really doesn't give a shit, and I've got about 12% or 248/1329th the interest I did growing up.  What's changed?

Is it because they went away from the purity of the games, by allowing professional athletes.  The basketball team used to be the best college players in the country going against the world's best.  Now, the top teams from around the world are just a mixture of NBA players who went home after the season. 

Are there too many other entertainment choices? Could some of it be that pride in the country and the want to see our athletes succeed and stand on that podium while the anthem plays has dwindled so much? Or, are we all waiting on Fall practice to start?

Will you watch it?  Follow it?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Summer Olympics 2024
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2024, 01:46:01 PM »
I will not watch it on a box. I will not watch if it’s on Fox.

I will not watch it Snag-I-Am. You cannot make me give a dam. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2024, 01:48:42 PM »

You never fail to entertain me whilst teaching me something, Theodore. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2024, 01:49:02 PM »
In just a little over 2 weeks, the Summer Olympics will crank up in Paris.  The Olympics used to be a huge deal to me, and I think for the most part, most of the country.  It was must watch TV from the opening ceremonies to closing.  You kept up with the medal count, and hoped those damn, steroid popping Russians were not in first.

I watched, or kept up with every event, and gymnastics were as big as any in the games. Maybe because the leotards the girls were wearing, were cut to ride so high on the buttocks and thighs, that there was a lot of exposed, young flesh. GIGGITY!!!

Track was huge, and you actually knew the names and backgrounds of many on the team.  But now?  I just had to look up when the games start. I get the sense that most of Murrica' really doesn't give a shit, and I've got about 12% or 248/1329th the interest I did growing up.  What's changed?

Is it because they went away from the purity of the games, by allowing professional athletes.  The basketball team used to be the best college players in the country going against the world's best.  Now, the top teams from around the world are just a mixture of NBA players who went home after the season. 

Are there too many other entertainment choices? Could some of it be that pride in the country and the want to see our athletes succeed and stand on that podium while the anthem plays has dwindled so much? Or, are we all waiting on Fall practice to start?

I'll google most of the results, and will try to watch some events that interest me.

The problem, IMO, is some of the athletes these days aren't as patriotic as they used to be, or they outright express what they hate/dislike about the greatest nation in the history of the world for all to hear.  Haven't looked into it, but I'd bet athletes of other countries probably don't do that.  Kind of hard to cheer on those types of people of ours that make it a point to do so.  I wouldn't ever root against the USA, but I won't actively support the people who refuse to love it for what it is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2024, 01:52:56 PM »

Say, a train! A train! Would you, could you, watch on a train?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2024, 02:07:48 PM »
Say, a train! A train! Would you, could you, watch on a train?

I would not, could not on a train.
Even if Snags had a brain.

I would not, could not in the rain. 
I would not, could not with a crane.

I do not want to watch, you see.
I do not want to watch, Snags, let me be!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 03:16:18 PM by War Damn Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2024, 02:49:29 PM »
I would not, could not on a train.
Even if Snags had a brain.

I would not, could not in the rain. 
I would not, could not with a crane.

I do not want to watch, you see.
I do want to watch, Snags, let me be!

I will not let you be, you see
Your words they make no sense to me

So would you watch it with a trucker
Or not at all, which is it, fucker?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2024, 02:57:07 PM »
I'll google most of the results, and will try to watch some events that interest me.

The problem, IMO, is some of the athletes these days aren't as patriotic as they used to be, or they outright express what they hate/dislike about the greatest nation in the history of the world for all to hear.  Haven't looked into it, but I'd bet athletes of other countries probably don't do that.  Kind of hard to cheer on those types of people of ours that make it a point to do so.  I wouldn't ever root against the USA, but I won't actively support the people who refuse to love it for what it is.

I think that's turned a lot of people off, just like CTEAU won't watch the NFL. I honestly haven't paid any real attention to this year's athletes, other than checking out the men's basketball roster, so I haven't heard about any of them who plan to disrespect the flag/country.  I think the women's soccer team, and all their pathetic bullshit, soured a bunch of fans.  The thing is, don't pull that shit while wearing the USA jersey and supposedly representing the country.  Especially at the Olympics, being that representing your country is what the event is all about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2024, 03:09:11 PM »

Would he, could he, in the dark?
On second thought…
Why would he consider it from a man that drinks Landshark?
And let’s be certain not lose sight,
As we consider…
That said man’s 2nd choice of beer is bud light.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2024, 03:17:01 PM »

LOL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2024, 03:26:40 PM »
Would he, could he, in the dark?
On second thought…
Why would he consider it from a man that drinks Landshark?
And let’s be certain not lose sight,
As we consider…
That said man’s 2nd choice of beer is bud light.

I'm fully on board with a bucket of Buffet
Just like with weed, pass it and puff it

And Bud on the beach, always does the trick
But unlike Mulvaney, I won’t suck a dick
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2024, 04:29:46 PM »
I'm fully on board with a bucket of Buffet
Just like with weed, pass it and puff it

And Bud on the beach, always does the trick
But unlike Mulvaney, I won’t suck a dick

Dr. Suess gettin’ unwoke!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2024, 05:26:35 PM »

That is Seussian. 

I commend thee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2024, 09:48:54 PM »

Do you still participate in special Olympics?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2024, 12:19:00 PM »
There will be 11 former Auburn Tigers competing in the Olympics.  Only Suni Lee will be representing the USA.  The rest will represent their respective countries in sports ranging from track, gymnastics and swimming, to tennis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2024, 12:22:07 PM »
There will be 11 former Auburn Tigers competing in the Olympics.  Only Suni Lee will be representing the USA.  The rest will represent their respective countries in sports ranging from track, gymnastics and swimming, to tennis.
link...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2024, 02:08:00 PM »
link...

I'm not sure there's a sport called link.  I'll check on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2024, 05:52:25 PM »
I'm not sure there's a sport called link.  I'll check on it.
No please. Don't trouble yourself.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2024, 05:59:53 PM »
I think that's turned a lot of people off, just like CTEAU won't watch the NFL.

WTF?
Now you and the banned plate-head both cannot spell...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.