Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Once, Twice, Three Times a Stallion

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Once, Twice, Three Times a Stallion
« on: June 17, 2024, 10:55:54 AM »
The Birmingham Stallions won their third Spring Football championship in a row yesterday in front of (allegedly) 25,000+ in St. Louis, MO. (Subsequently, that's about the same number of crimes committed yesterday in St. Louis.)

On one hand, that's impressive in any league. On the other, how do these things stay afloat?

Good on Skip Holtz, though. He was cast asunder and seems to have found his thing with replacements and never were's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Once, Twice, Three Times a Stallion
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2024, 11:40:20 AM »
I don’t know how it stays alive. 

I saw a pic from a bham playoff game and the stands were completely empty.  Literally no one there.

I think it’s a decent product. It’s my opinion that the world has football fatigue once the Super Bowl is over.  We need a mental break.  College and NFL ignites such passion and intensity it’s difficult to transition to an off-season option. 

I intended to watch the game yesterday.  Instead I forgot about it and watched my cousin Vinny instead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2024, 11:44:48 AM »
When the Battlehawks were still alive, I'd hate watch to root against McTattoo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2024, 11:47:30 AM »
I don’t know how it stays alive. 

I saw a pic from a bham playoff game and the stands were completely empty.  Literally no one there.

I think it’s a decent product. It’s my opinion that the world has football fatigue once the Super Bowl is over.  We need a mental break.  College and NFL ignites such passion and intensity it’s difficult to transition to an off-season option. 

I intended to watch the game yesterday.  Instead I forgot about it and watched my cousin Vinny instead.

Never apologize for gazing at Marisa Tomei, sir.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Kaos,GH2001,
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2024, 12:03:38 PM »
I've enjoyed watching some of the UFL this season.  The product is not half bad, and it's good having some football to watch any time.

Have no idea if they'll make it or not.  Spring football fails time and time again, but so far, so good.

I know the lack of butts in the stands is not a good look, but I doubt that's where they make their money anyway.  Fox owns the TV rights, and they have some high profile sponsorships through Under Armour, Pepsi, Walt Disney Co. (Part owner I think) and even a $10 million payout by US Army for patches on the uniforms.

It won't be outrageous salaries that kills them.  Every player makes a flat $50K with a $400/week housing stipend.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."