Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Publix Conversation

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Publix Conversation
« on: June 11, 2024, 09:44:51 AM »
I'm a fixture in one of our local Publix.  First, because I love to eat, so I happily do 90% of the grocery shopping.  More importantly, there's always hotness in yoga pants that make the shopping experience more enjoyable. 

To their credit, this particular Publix has always had a policy of making sure their associates talk to the customers.  Might be as simple as "How is your day so far?" Or, "Got any plans for the weekend?". Just part of a good business model, and takes your mind off the fact that they're bending you over at the cash register, and going in dry. $$$$

But some of them would be better off just tending to their bidnezz, and avoiding the back and forth.  I actually worry if young people have the ability to communicate unless it's through an iPhone. Sunday at check out with young guy bagging the merch:

Bag Boy: Old Row, that’s probably a great place

Snags: What?

BB: Old Row. (Pointing at my t-shirt that says Old Row Outdoors, a t-shirt I picked up on the fly in Destin, because I had ruined the shirt I had on)

Snags: Great place? Oh, I have no idea.  Just a shirt I picked up in Destin

BB: Destin or Destiny?

Snags:  Destin….Florida

BB: Sounds like a great place.  They had some shark attacks, but that was last week down in Gulf Shores.

Snags: Actually, that was yesterday between Panama City and Destin

BB: Shark attacks.  How cool is that?

Snags: Well, one girl lost her leg and left hand.

BB: Wow, she is going to have some awesome stories to tell, if she survives.

Snags: :blink:  Um, yeah.  Awesome!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Publix Conversation
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2024, 09:56:16 AM »
Gen Z got eternal optimism on lock...or in a bottle with a prescription but same same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2024, 09:58:08 AM »
Is that better than the mentally challenged girl who bellows “I want to go to Disneyland. Belle is my favorite princess! Who is yours?” as she bags my groceries.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2024, 10:16:11 AM »
Is that better than the mentally challenged girl who bellows “I want to go to Disneyland. Belle is my favorite princess! Who is yours?” as she bags my groceries.

The Pube Licks I go to hires a lot of re....mentally challenged peeps.  I expect that from them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2024, 10:23:03 AM »
I'm a fixture in one of our local Publix.  First, because I love to eat, so I happily do 90% of the grocery shopping.  More importantly, there's always hotness in yoga pants that make the shopping experience more enjoyable. 

To their credit, this particular Publix has always had a policy of making sure their associates talk to the customers.  Might be as simple as "How is your day so far?" Or, "Got any plans for the weekend?". Just part of a good business model, and takes your mind off the fact that they're bending you over at the cash register, and going in dry. $$$$

But some of them would be better off just tending to their bidnezz, and avoiding the back and forth.  I actually worry if young people have the ability to communicate unless it's through an iPhone. Sunday at check out with young guy bagging the merch:

BB: Old Row. (Pointing at my t-shirt that says Old Row Outdoors, a t-shirt I picked up on the fly in Destin, because I had ruined the shirt I had on)

BB: Sounds like a great place.  They had some shark attacks, but that was last week down in Gulf Shores.

Crazy to think that Bag Boy thought you were the awkward one in that exchange.  You should use those opportunities to say off the wall, random things.  Or you could hit them with a plethora of untrue facts. 

"Did you know that they recently found out that sharks are omnivores?  Besides meat, they really like blueberries."

"Destin is actually short for Destiny.  They wanted it to be more masculine when naming the city, so they dropped the Y."

Followed by complete silence and zoning out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2024, 10:29:59 AM »
Crazy to think that Bag Boy thought you were the awkward one in that exchange.  You should use those opportunities to say off the wall, random things.  Or you could hit them with a plethora of untrue facts. 

"Did you know that they recently found out that sharks are omnivores?  Besides meat, they really like blueberries."

"Destin is actually short for Destiny.  They wanted it to be more masculine when naming the city, so they dropped the Y."

Followed by complete silence and zoning out.

If you were in the wild, I would attack you, even if you weren't in my food chain. I would go out of my way to attack you. If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I would swim out in the middle of the ocean and freaking eat you and then I'd bang your tuna girlfriend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2024, 10:32:08 AM »
If you were in the wild, I would attack you, even if you weren't in my food chain. I would go out of my way to attack you. If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I would swim out in the middle of the ocean and freaking eat you and then I'd bang your tuna girlfriend.

Ok, first off, a lion…swimming in the ocean?
Lions don’t even like water.
If you placed it near a river, or some sort of fresh water source, that’d make sense.
But you find yourself in the ocean, a 20 ft wave, I’m assuming its off the coast of South Africa, coming up against a full, grown, 800 lb tuna with his 20 or 30 friends.
You lose that battle. you lose that battle nine times out of ten.
And guess what, you wandered into our school, of tuna and we now have a taste of blood! We’ve talked, to ourselves. We’ve communicated and said, ‘you know what? lion tastes good. Lets go get some more lion.’
We’ve developed a system, to establish a beachhead and aggressively hunt you and your family. And we will corner your, your pride, your children, your offspring…

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snaggletiger,The Six,
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2024, 10:34:30 AM »
That didn't go the way I thought it was gonna to go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2024, 11:10:01 AM »
You lose that battle nine times out of ten.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2024, 11:27:25 AM »

If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2024, 11:29:52 AM »

Millenial aged Disney Adults are the best though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2024, 11:40:01 AM »
If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself?

Hay!!! If the moon was made of BBQ spare ribs, wouldja' eat it?  I know I would.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2024, 11:51:22 AM »
Hey! What about this: if you had to chose between being the top scientist in your field or getting mad cow disease, what would it be?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2024, 11:58:29 AM »
I'm still trying to decide between getting electrocuted or attacked by a shark. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2024, 12:24:20 PM »
I'm still trying to decide between getting electrocuted or attacked by a shark. 
I would think our ecosystem would be better served if you helped a shark live to attack another day.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2024, 01:06:41 PM »
I think we need more sharks attacking people.  COVID didn’t thin the herd enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2024, 01:15:51 PM »
I think we need more sharks attacking people.  COVID didn’t thin the herd enough.

They've heard your pleas along the gulf coast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2024, 02:37:05 PM »

I read all of your story. That’s unusual, believe me. And not only for me.

I have over 10k likes on Old Row, btw. I know about Old Row and completely understand how you aren’t able to relate to younger and more hip individuals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2024, 02:39:28 PM »
In my best Jerry Seinfeld:

What's the deal with all these sharks?

Been seeing tons of videos of sharks right up next to the shore the last few days, from Gulf Shores to Panty-Bra City.  Yeah, I know there's only eleventy bwazillion in the oceans, but why so many, so close all of a sudden? Saw one of an estimated 14 foot hammerhead in Grayton Beach swim right up to a man and his kid on a paddle board.  Zoinks!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2024, 05:38:51 PM »
In my best Jerry Seinfeld:

What's the deal with all these sharks?

Been seeing tons of videos of sharks right up next to the shore the last few days, from Gulf Shores to Panty-Bra City.  Yeah, I know there's only eleventy bwazillion in the oceans, but why so many, so close all of a sudden? Saw one of an estimated 14 foot hammerhead in Grayton Beach swim right up to a man and his kid on a paddle board.  Zoinks!!!

You don’t know? Really? 

Local news has attached “climate change”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions