Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Add Another Fo Star
« on: June 07, 2024, 05:40:37 PM »
OT Broderick Shull from Oklahoma

6'5" 275

Top 200 nationally

#20 Offensive Tackle overall per 247

Sheeeeeeiiit!!!  Go U! Go U! Go U!  It's your birthday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: Add Another Fo Star
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 07:27:59 AM »
OT Broderick Shull from Oklahoma

6'5" 275

Top 200 nationally

#20 Offensive Tackle overall per 247

Sheeeeeeiiit!!!  Go U! Go U! Go U!  It's your birthday.
That's right. We needed a rather large kid to develop that also loves tending bees and the aviary at Auburn obviously helped win him over. I'm being FOCESHUS but it's this kind of information he shared that endears us to want to pull for these kids, like this one from Oklahoma. We needed a big nasty beekeeper and Shull comes highly rated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2024, 09:17:08 AM »
That's right. We needed a rather large kid to develop that also loves tending bees and the aviary at Auburn obviously helped win him over. I'm being FOCESHUS but it's this kind of information he shared that endears us to want to pull for these kids, like this one from Oklahoma. We needed a big nasty beekeeper and Shull comes highly rated.

Apiary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2024, 09:29:21 AM »
5 OL in this class in June.

A top 3 OL portal class last go round by almost every service's rankings.

Things are different.

Whether he fails or succeeds, wins, loses - THIS is how you recruit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2024, 12:35:26 PM »
Birds or bees...
big boy be hivin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2024, 12:50:38 PM »
5 OL in this class in June.

A top 3 OL portal class last go round by almost every service's rankings.

Things are different.

Whether he fails or succeeds, wins, loses - THIS is how you recruit.
^^This is what’s amazing. I’ve followed recruiting since Dye, although I don’t recall the ranking of the classes back then and the information was disseminated via Morse code, so not as readily available/

Dye definitely emphasized toughness and coaching them up. He also knew the importance of recruiting, don’t ever think he thought he could run stadiums with them and post pics of himself working out in the garage to cause players to flock to him. Or, interns.

He and  Tuberville both knew the importance of the trenches, in my opinion. I assume you would agree, GH? If not, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

But, Gus? I love Gus but this was his main downfall, I believe most of us agree. And we had some damn good O and D line coaches in his tenure. And a few damn fine players but he rarely got good players out of HS and the numbers were abysmal. I honestly don’t think we ever had 5 (especially of this caliber) that I can remember. And when he did get them, they were usually guards.

And as far as the original poster, he should not be allowed to start threads. This player is a 5 star. Not 4. If one place has him rated as a 5 star, then that’s what he should be referred to as.

You ignorant backass, motherfucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2024, 12:58:07 PM »
This made me wonder why Gus did so poorly with O line recruiting, especially. I guess it has to be mainly lacking the emphasis. And once he got the label of a bad o line recruiter, it was like a self fulfilling prophecy. That’s my guess. Of course, the timing of Hugh coming to AU is certainly beneficial in that Lord Sabynz departed.

It’s kind of like how I sort of took over here when Godfather died. I think people saw that I had all of the tools to be a great leader and was very popular among the common posters. I was a natural fit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2024, 01:54:36 PM »
^^This is what’s amazing. I’ve followed recruiting since Dye, although I don’t recall the ranking of the classes back then and the information was disseminated via Morse code, so not as readily available/

Dye definitely emphasized toughness and coaching them up. He also knew the importance of recruiting, don’t ever think he thought he could run stadiums with them and post pics of himself working out in the garage to cause players to flock to him. Or, interns.

He and  Tuberville both knew the importance of the trenches, in my opinion. I assume you would agree, GH? If not, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

But, Gus? I love Gus but this was his main downfall, I believe most of us agree. And we had some damn good O and D line coaches in his tenure. And a few damn fine players but he rarely got good players out of HS and the numbers were abysmal. I honestly don’t think we ever had 5 (especially of this caliber) that I can remember. And when he did get them, they were usually guards.

And as far as the original poster, he should not be allowed to start threads. This player is a 5 star. Not 4. If one place has him rated as a 5 star, then that’s what he should be referred to as.

You ignorant backass, motherfucker.

concur

especially on the part about snags
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2024, 02:02:51 PM »
backass

I Googled that and now you owe me a new pair of eyes...and a monitor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2024, 02:05:47 PM »
I Googled that and now you owe me a new pair of eyes...and a monitor.

She was a big ole girl, weren't she?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
The Six,
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2024, 02:10:00 PM »
Going to post this premium article from a certain well established Auburn beat guy from Rivals who has been on the recruiting beat with Auburn a while. This is purely from a "owning recruiting, owning the complex and owning the team" point of view. Not a critique of on field losses, in game play calling or coaching hires. We all know those were sketchy last season. This is purely on getting his guys, getting buy in and building a good team inside that complex:

AUBURN | One of the most important factors for Auburn recruiting has always been getting the prospects on campus.

Auburn as a University and athletic department sells itself. That’s been the case for as long as I can remember.

Some coaches have been good at that, others average. The previous guy was flat-out awful.

But times, they are a-changin'.

Hugh Freeze and his staff excel at it. It’s a 10 out of 10, and that’s no exaggeration.

It seems like everywhere I've turned over the last two weeks, there’s been a four- or five-star just hanging out.

This Sunday is another prime example. Blake Woodby, the nation’s No. 4 cornerback, was in Auburn for an unofficial visit just a week after his official.

Woodby is from Baltimore, Md., nearly 700 miles away.

Thursday, the nation’s No. 1 overall prospect, quarterback Julian Lewis, was in Auburn for a camp. He’ll be back for an official visit next weekend.

Last weekend, AU hosted a five-star, three more top 100 players and three four-stars for official visits. This weekend included the nation’s No. 1 strongside defensive end, one more top 100 player and five more four-stars.

This is the new normal under Freeze.

And it’s an eye-opener just watching him work a camp.

One minute, Freeze is hosting a group of highly-rated prospects on his porch overlooking the practice fields and the next he’s chatting up some parents in the indoor practice facility.

He’s like the Energizer bunny.

Freeze doesn’t just own the room. He owns the entire Woltosz football complex.

And it’s not just his presence, it’s his determination and positive attitude and how it trickles down to everyone on his staff.

Travis Smith Jr., a four-star wide receiver from Westlake in Atlanta, Ga., summed it up quite well following his official visit this weekend.

“Sometimes you get a good vibe and sometimes you don’t. This one was great,” he said.

Yeah, there’s plenty of great vibes around the Auburn football program right now, especially when it comes to recruiting.

Heck, the entire athletic department has been vibing pretty good over the last couple of weeks with a men’s golf national championship followed by a men’s track runner-up finish at the outdoor championships.

Carry on those good, good, good vibes through Big Cat, the season and Signing Day, and next offseason will be filled with even more top 100 visitors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2024, 02:44:24 PM »
What do The Beach Boys have to do with any of this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2024, 03:11:42 PM »
What do The Beach Boys have to do with any of this?

She's giving me the excitations....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2024, 03:48:37 PM »
She's giving me the excitations....

Last time Snags felt good vibrations his wife's rabbit and some AAA batteries were involved... :aubie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2024, 04:27:42 PM »
Last time Snags felt good vibrations his wife's rabbit and some AAA batteries were involved... :aubie:

They were Energizers.  I kept going and going and going and going.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
The Six,
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2024, 05:08:04 PM »
This made me wonder why Gus did so poorly with O line recruiting, especially. I guess it has to be mainly lacking the emphasis. And once he got the label of a bad o line recruiter, it was like a self fulfilling prophecy. That’s my guess. Of course, the timing of Hugh coming to AU is certainly beneficial in that Lord Sabynz departed.

It’s kind of like how I sort of took over here when Godfather died. I think people saw that I had all of the tools to be a great leader and was very popular among the common posters. I was a natural fit.

There was a Greg Robinson or a Lee Ziemba here and there but it was like they were trying to make the most of 3 star guards and blocking tight ends to fill out the front.
They even converted guards into defensive tackles with some success mind you but there was never a concentrated effort as we are seeing now.
Actually astonishing how Auburn could produce so much on the ground prior to the Harsin experiment.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2024, 07:21:24 PM »
There was a Greg Robinson or a Lee Ziemba here and there but it was like they were trying to make the most of 3 star guards and blocking tight ends to fill out the front.
They even converted guards into defensive tackles with some success mind you but there was never a concentrated effort as we are seeing now.
Actually astonishing how Auburn could produce so much on the ground prior to the Harsin experiment.
Agreed. Gus’ trenches recruiting was piss poor but your internet skills are not much better. I still care about you and love you in God’s way. Maybe some remedial class work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2024, 08:35:02 PM »
Agreed. Gus’ trenches recruiting was piss poor but your internet skills are not much better. I still care about you and love you in God’s way. Maybe some remedial class work.

Jmar - entertaining us since 2008.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2024, 07:36:22 AM »
Nah I'll just take the licks. Like a few others I would have to change my user name and start all over if I were ever separated from this site. It has all the feel of an unincorporated town of survivors that meet up to discuss work detail and security issues. Did Godfather manage a Radio Shack?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2024, 08:03:59 AM »
Jmar - entertaining us since 2008.
I often think I would have made a good entertainer if only I had some type of talent. Probably too old to get into mime school but I hear it's making a comeback.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions