Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

*Official WNBA Thread*

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
*Official WNBA Thread*
« on: June 04, 2024, 01:23:32 PM »
ESPN firebrand Pat McAfee opened his show Monday talking about the latest non-troversy regarding rookie WNBA star Caitlin Clark, who, like a lot of rookies in the W before her, is getting fouled hard and often. This isn't new; it's part of it, and to her credit, she doesn't whine about in postgame pressers. Enter McAfee who rolled with this...
https://x.com/awfulannouncing/status/1797669440785649746

He later walked it back.
https://x.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1797723349931438568

And the media knives have come for him. Exemplified here.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pat-mcafees-apology-caitlin-clark-103249294.html

It's a time when there's not interesting sports news. The NBA finals are meh, baseball hasn't even hit the All-Star break, and actual football news (outside of who is paying who for what) is months away from materializing. So, the talking heads are looking for anything.

Should ESPN do anything about this dudebro? I don't know, not for me to say. Curious if any of the rational of you have thoughts.

If your thoughts are "The WNBA is a bunch of a lesbian terrorists..." then skip on by please.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 11:45:51 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: White Bitch Gate
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2024, 01:48:34 PM »
He's a mega-douche who is there to do shit like this.

He knew he shouldn't (without a corporate angle and/or protection) say that, but he dropped it pretty confidently.

Slip of the tongue?  Possibly, but he's been on air long enough to know better and those are not extemporaneous rants in their entirety.  There was some thought put into what he'd say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2024, 01:49:15 PM »
McAfee is a douche.  I don’t think he meant harm by what he said, that’s just the way he talks.  All that being said, the sooner he becomes irrelevant, the better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2024, 01:54:45 PM »
ESPN firebrand Pat McAfee opened his show Monday talking about the latest non-troversy regarding rookie WNBA star Caitlin Clark, who, like a lot of rookies in the W before her, is getting fouled hard and often. This isn't new; it's part of it, and to her credit, she doesn't whine about in postgame pressers. Enter McAfee who rolled with this...
https://x.com/awfulannouncing/status/1797669440785649746

He later walked it back.
https://x.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1797723349931438568

And the media knives have come for him. Exemplified here.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pat-mcafees-apology-caitlin-clark-103249294.html

It's a time when there's not interesting sports news. The NBA finals are meh, baseball hasn't even hit the All-Star break, and actual football news (outside of who is paying who for what) is months away from materializing. So, the talking heads are looking for anything.

Should ESPN do anything about this dudebro? I don't know, not for me to say. Curious if any of the rational of you have thoughts.

If your thoughts are "The WNBA is a bunch of a lesbian terrorists..." then skip on by please.

She may not whine post-game, but she absolutely does - like a bitch - during the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2024, 02:11:43 PM »
She may not whine post-game, but she absolutely does - like a bitch - during the game.

Please.  You’ve had a hard on for her since the incident when a fan bumped into her, which I agree was overblown. She whines less than her male counterparts during a game.  You are wrong on this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2024, 02:32:03 PM »
McAfee is a douche.  I don’t think he meant harm by what he said, that’s just the way he talks.  All that being said, the sooner he becomes irrelevant, the better.
I have been reading your stuff for quite a while and this is my first opportunity to chime in and say that you’re 💯 right about this. And it’s not because I haven’t had the time to do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2024, 02:48:09 PM »
Look at all those nappy-headed ho's.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2024, 02:52:46 PM »
Please.  You’ve had a hard on for her since the incident when a fan bumped into her, which I agree was overblown. She whines less than her male counterparts during a game.  You are wrong on this one.

I haven't watched a single minute of any women's college game or WNBA game in decades. Not since Auburn was playing for the national title (before UT became a dynasty) have I bothered with it. 

All I know are the clips I see. 

This is from whence I base my position.  If it's an unfair characterization based on a non-representative sample size?  I'll accept that. Still don't like her, but that's irrelevant.

As for "hard ons" though?  That man melts mine into pudding. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2024, 02:55:06 PM »
Truth be told, all McAfee did was give the league another bump.  Don't like the guy, his show, his presence on Game Day, or the WWE. And yes, in this day and age, there should be consequences. 

But I heard Dan Patrick say it today.  Doesn't matter what you're saying about the WNBA, good or bad.  You're talking about it, and that's good for the league.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• My Linktree
Re: *Official WNBA Thread*
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2024, 02:58:31 PM »
Look at all those nappy-headed ho's.

I believe the accepted term is Hard Core Ho's, sir.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 01:23:23 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• My Linktree
Re: *Official WNBA Thread*
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2024, 02:59:12 PM »

You'd let her bang you til you came dust and you know it. Stop protesting so much.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 01:23:38 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2024, 02:59:35 PM »
She may say the right things off the court, but on it, what K posted above is all I see.  If you watch the NBA, and most of you don't, Luca Doncic is the same.  So is LeFlop. So was Tim Duncan.  Miss a shot with nobody within 3 feet of them, and those are the same reactions about 20 times a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2024, 03:00:20 PM »
I haven't watched a single minute of any women's college game or WNBA game in decades. Not since Auburn was playing for the national title (before UT became a dynasty) have I bothered with it. 

All I know are the clips I see. 

This is from whence I base my position.  If it's an unfair characterization based on a non-representative sample size?  I'll accept that. Still don't like her, but that's irrelevant.

You could put together a montage on every player in the NBA that puts this one to shame.   At the professional level, they act the least professional. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2024, 04:29:07 PM »
You could put together a montage on every player in the NBA that puts this one to shame.   At the professional level, they act the least professional.

Yup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2024, 04:40:58 PM »
I watched her play three tournament games. Within the first five minutes you definitely know she's the best on the floor, a step ahead in every facet of the game. One team elbowed her across the nose to frustrate her. I think it was purposeful. That's the game her Father shouted to 'play ball... she did so by lighting the other team up and answering her critics.
Only negative is that she likes to play official.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2024, 04:58:38 PM »
I'm not shocked she took a hard foul (which should have been a flagrant 1, minimum), I'm shocked not one of her teammates gave the dude that body checked her any sort of payback.  Boston should have taken that ball that was just given to her, and launched it at Carter's head.

Fever need to find a Charles Oakley or Bill Laimbeer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2024, 05:03:28 PM »
I'm not shocked she took a hard foul (which should have been a flagrant 1, minimum), I'm shocked not one of her teammates gave the dude that body checked her any sort of payback.  Boston should have taken that ball that was just given to her, and launched it at Carter's head.

Just what do you know about girl’s basketball?

I’m not saying that you can’t comment but we’re going to take it with a grain of salt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2024, 05:07:00 PM »

I see what you did there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2024, 05:21:57 PM »
I see what you did there.

That's a man, baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snaggletiger,
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2024, 05:27:30 PM »
Just what do you know about girl’s basketball?

I'm somewhere between Buzz giving ZJs and Snags Cuttin' Bitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions