Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What would it take?

Re: What would it take?
« Reply #300 on: June 02, 2024, 09:19:46 PM »
You know that I love u, Snake. And it’s 💯% almost entirely not in a gay way, at all. I would be proud for you to be my son. It would be nice to have a son who is not stoned and partying it up all weekend or raising hell and going to jail. I have 2 strikes on me.

At the same time, I feel that it’s my duty to make you into a better man, when I can.

Succinctness is next to cleanliness and pussy, they say. You could have stopped with the part right here and you’d have been completely on target.
🎯 dude.

Much ❤️

I’m just worried about that almost 💯%. Let’s pretend that wasn’t said, if you will oblige.
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #301 on: June 02, 2024, 10:01:57 PM »
This is the shit I'm talking about.  It's so detached from facts/law/reality  that there's no basis for a rational discussion.

So you STILL haven’t read his statement correctly. Figures.
friendly
funny
dislike
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #302 on: June 03, 2024, 07:10:37 AM »
I really started to go point by point but what would be the point? 

He wouldn’t listen anyway.  He is lost. 

Need to stop sucking his dick about how “smart” he is.  Maybe was, but that’s a long liberal time ago.  Doesn’t apply any more. Just another sky screamer at this point. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 07:12:12 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #303 on: June 03, 2024, 08:03:51 AM »
Wes, let’s shift…

What about the trial that starts today with Hunter behind the defendant’s table?  Merits of it?

For the record, I don’t think it will or should have an effect on Joe. I just want to know your view of these proceedings.
friendly
funny
dislike
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #304 on: June 03, 2024, 08:20:43 AM »
Wes, let’s shift…

What about the trial that starts today with Hunter behind the defendant’s table?  Merits of it?

For the record, I don’t think it will or should have an effect on Joe. I just want to know your view of these proceedings.

I'm not really tracking, because it has no bearing at all on anything important. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

« Reply #305 on: June 03, 2024, 08:21:39 AM »
So you STILL haven’t read his statement correctly. Figures.

I read it.  Responded to it.  And it's complete foolishness evincing an entire misunderstanding of the legal process.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,

wesfau2

« Reply #306 on: June 03, 2024, 08:24:51 AM »
I (knowing squat about cars) go to my mechanic and tell him I hear a thumping sound coming from the right rear of my car.  I suspect it's a faulty rear transmission.  Tragic, if true.

He looks it over and assures me that it's the iron spike sticking out of my tire and not a transmission problem. 

"But my buddy Gary and the local newsguy, Perd Hapley, both assured me that it's a transmission problem," I say.  "You must be wrong!"

This is how you guys sound.
friendly
funny
dislike
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #307 on: June 03, 2024, 08:26:46 AM »
I'm not really tracking, because it has no bearing at all on anything important.

JFC. 

friendly
funny
dislike
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #308 on: June 03, 2024, 08:27:45 AM »
That said, I’ve read things from both sides on this, and know this is unprecedented in our great nation’s history.

Yes, this is unprecedented because we've never seen such blatant criminality (war crimes of all administrations aside) coming from someone holding this office.  That's why it's so important to insist on the rule of law. 

If they can do it Trump, they can do it to anyone!

Yes, that is the point.  The law applies to everyone (though DT got the lightest treatment of any criminal defendant in the history of the US).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #309 on: June 03, 2024, 08:28:28 AM »
I (knowing squat about cars) go to my mechanic and tell him I hear a thumping sound coming from the right rear of my car.  I suspect it's a faulty rear transmission.  Tragic, if true.

He looks it over and assures me that it's the iron spike sticking out of my tire and not a transmission problem. 

"But my buddy Gary and the local newsguy, Perd Hapley, both assured me that it's a transmission problem," I say.  "You must be wrong!"

Honestly, if you knew 1/10th of the shit you think you know?  You'd know 1/10th of that. 

You're a lost cause.  Period.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2024, 08:29:49 AM »
JFC.

Line out for me how Hunter Biden's gun troubles are an issue for any of us to worry about.

The tax thing will come with a bunch of side-dressing of foreign-relations smear, but all the substantive claims around his time at Burisma were debunked in congressional hearing, mostly by the Republican's own witnesses.  So, get him if he underpaid his taxes I guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,

« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2024, 08:41:44 AM »

If they can do it Trump, they can do it to anyone!

Yes, that is the point.  The law applies to everyone (though DT got the lightest treatment of any criminal defendant in the history of the US).

Please remember that you said this should the outcome you’re hoping for in November not materialize.
friendly
funny
dislike
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

wesfau2

« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2024, 08:51:24 AM »
Please remember that you said this should the outcome you’re hoping for in November not materialize.

Ah, yes, the revenge tour we're being promised.  Healthy way to govern.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2024, 10:14:08 AM »

Sorry to hear about your car. Have you checked the trunk to make sure that you didn’t pick up a lot lizard boy or some other male prostitute and inadvertently left them in the trunk?

Your mind is all fucked up so it could have happened. I hope they aren’t dead by now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2024, 10:29:44 AM »
Sometimes, I wish that Godfather was still alive. But I think that seeing how fucked up Wes became may have been too much for him to bear.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 10:34:47 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2024, 11:13:29 AM »
Line out for me how Hunter Biden's gun troubles are an issue for any of us to worry about.

The tax thing will come with a bunch of side-dressing of foreign-relations smear, but all the substantive claims around his time at Burisma were debunked in congressional hearing, mostly by the Republican's own witnesses.  So, get him if he underpaid his taxes I guess.

Someone doesn't know the definition of "debunked." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2024, 11:39:26 AM »
Someone doesn't know the definition of "debunked."

So, all that congressional activity...hearing after hearing after hearing...must have uncovered something earthshattering and actionable, no?

What's that?  Nothing happened.  Oh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2024, 12:44:19 PM »
So, all that congressional activity...hearing after hearing after hearing...must have uncovered something earthshattering and actionable, no?

What's that?  Nothing happened.  Oh.

Well. At least we know you understand the word “obtuse.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2024, 07:19:59 PM »
So here’s CNN’s chief legal analyst Ellie Honig:

"Prosecutors got their man, for now at least — but they also contorted the law in an unprecedented manner in their quest to snare their prey," Honig wrote in New York magazine.

No state prosecutor — in New York, or Wyoming, or anywhere — has ever charged federal election laws as a direct or predicate state crime, against anyone, for anything. None. Ever.

Wes, I gave her your number. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #319 on: June 03, 2024, 11:15:03 PM »
Here's some info from the Wall Street Journal:

In the Manhattan trial of former President Donald Trump, it seems that partisan judge Juan Merchan insisted on so many limits on the potential testimony of former Federal Election Commission Chairman Bradley Smith that the defense decided it was pointless to put him on the stand. But now the jurors can learn what Journal readers have known for more than a year—hush-money payments to alleged mistresses are not campaign contributions.

This weekend Mr. Smith noted this again on X and also explained in a series of posts why there was a big chronological hole in the claim that a 2016 payment to alleged mistress Stormy Daniels was improperly reported to avoid damaging news prior to that year’s election:

The payment to Daniels was made on Oct. 27. So the payment would not have been reported on the Pre-election report… The next report is the Post-Election Report…

In 2016, the Post-Election Report was required to be filed on December 8, one month after the election. So the prosecution’s theory, that Trump wanted to hide the expenditure until after the election, makes no sense at all…

Even if we assume, incorrectly, that it was a campaign expenditure, it wouldn’t have been reported until 30 days after the election. But again, none of this got to the jury, either through testimony or the judge’s instructions…

Merchan was rather obviously biased here, but I’ll give him the benefit of a doubt and say he was just thoroughly ignorant of campaign finance law, and had no interest in boning up on it to properly instruct the jury.

Mr. Smith sums up the issue under relevant federal law:

There was no illegal contribution or expenditure made, and no failure to report an expenditure. And even if we assume otherwise, the prosecution’s theory made no sense, suggesting no criminal intent.

Could this case look any worse? It seems that even if one made the error of regarding the hush-money payment as a campaign contribution, there would still be ample reason to question the constitutionality of the verdict. Steven Calabresi, who teaches law at Northwestern and Yale, writes for Reason magazine:

In 2010, in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. 310, the Supreme Court held 5 to 4 that the freedom of speech clause of the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting independent expenditures for political campaigns by closely allied corporations and groups like The Trump Organization. Under Citizens United, it was perfectly legal for The Trump Organization to pay Daniels $130,000 in hush money to conceal her alleged affair with Donald Trump…

Groups contributing to election campaigns can pay for advertising to promote candidates, and they can also pay hush money to keep bad or false stories out of the news. The effect either way is to help the candidate. You can contribute money to generate good publicity. And, you can contribute money to avoid bad publicity. The First Amendment protects freedom of speech in both cases.

Mr. Calabresi adds:

The U.S. Supreme Court needs to hear this case as soon as possible because of its impact on the 2024 presidential election between President Trump and President Biden. Voters need to know that the Constitution protected everything Trump is alleged to have done with respect to allegedly paying hush money to Stormy Daniels. This is especially the case because the trial judge in Trump’s Manhattan case wrongly allowed Stormy Daniels to testify in graphic detail about the sexual aspects of her alleged affair with Trump. This testimony tainted the jury and the 2024 national presidential electorate, impermissibly, and was irrelevant to the question of whether President Trump altered business records to conceal a crime. The federal Supreme Court needs to make clear what are the legal rules in matters of great consequence to an election to a federal office like the presidency. A highly partisan borough, Manhattan, of a highly partisan city, New York City, in a highly partisan state, like New York State, cannot be allowed to criminalize the conduct of presidential candidates in ways that violate the federal constitution.

The Roman Republic fell when politicians began criminalizing politics. I am gravely worried that we are seeing that pattern repeat itself in the present-day United States. It is quite simply wrong to criminalize political differences.

Wes, I went ahead and forwarded your number to the Chairman of the Federal Elections Commission and to Steven Calabresi, courtesy of Yale and Northwestern. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions