CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: What would it take?
« Reply #280 on: May 31, 2024, 10:28:55 AM »
How many hours do you have?

Let’s start with the undefined crime. 

Move on to a judge who should have recused himself

Continue with his refusal to allow evidence that would rebut cohen’s testimony

Legal voices much smarter than you or I have stated there are literally hundreds of issues with the trial, the judge, and the way it was handled.

“Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime”

The left is now them…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #281 on: May 31, 2024, 10:51:20 AM »
It came from Chynnna.

She died about 8 years ago and I think you spelled her name wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #282 on: May 31, 2024, 12:01:49 PM »
Alvin Bragg, leaving the courtroom…

“Welcome to New York, motherfuckers, where we don't play
And out-of-towners get got like everyday
And a gangsta's a gangsta in every way
Sittin' low on 22's; this what long money do”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #283 on: May 31, 2024, 03:01:54 PM »
Alvin Bragg, leaving the courtroom…

“Welcome to New York, motherfuckers, where we don't play
And out-of-towners get got like everyday
And a gangsta's a gangsta in every way
Sittin' low on 22's; this what long money do”
Werd!! Is that  too old school?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #284 on: May 31, 2024, 03:03:51 PM »

Legal voices much smarter than you or I have stated there are literally hundreds of issues with the trial, the judge, and the way it was handled.
Legal voices smarter than Wes? Are you smoking some of his ganja?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #285 on: May 31, 2024, 10:38:40 PM »
Wes, really.  This is as big a joke, and a blight on the American justice system as you can get.  It’s beyond laughable.  There are people who should never be allowed to practice law again.  Start with Merchan.

You want specifics?  As K said, how much time have you got?  To defend this destroys all sense of credibility.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #286 on: June 01, 2024, 09:28:16 AM »
Wes, really.  This is as big a joke, and a blight on the American justice system as you can get.  It’s beyond laughable.  There are people who should never be allowed to practice law again.  Start with Merchan.

You want specifics?  As K said, how much time have you got?  To defend this destroys all sense of credibility.

I've got time ...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #287 on: June 01, 2024, 10:07:58 AM »

It’s a failed exercise.  One of two things will happen no matter how much truth you provide. 

1) Shift the goalposts
2) employ the favorite tactic of BG03 from the old days: “whataboutism”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #288 on: June 01, 2024, 10:13:57 AM »
I've got time ...

It’s an exercise in futility, brother. No matter what is laid out before you, your mind is made up.

I didn’t vote for Trump in ‘16. I didn’t vote for him in ‘20. After seeing all this shit, I damn sure will be voting for him in November. Never in a million years thought I’d say that I’d be voting for Trump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

wesfau2

« Reply #289 on: June 01, 2024, 11:07:44 AM »
It’s an exercise in futility, brother. No matter what is laid out before you, your mind is made up.

I didn’t vote for Trump in ‘16. I didn’t vote for him in ‘20. After seeing all this shit, I damn sure will be voting for him in November. Never in a million years thought I’d say that I’d be voting for Trump.

If there are legit problems with the process point them out.  All I've heard is RIGGED MAGA BLUBLEURKE

I'll take Steve's criticisms here a little more seriously because the rest of you are just going to be parroting talking heads
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #290 on: June 01, 2024, 11:48:32 AM »
If there are legit problems with the process point them out.  All I've heard is RIGGED MAGA BLUBLEURKE

I'll take Steve's criticisms here a little more seriously because the rest of you are just going to be parroting talking heads

I’m not gonna out lawyer you, but I’ll offer my thoughts…

Judge is a Biden donor, should’ve recused himself.

Bragg ran for the DA’s office on the promise to put Trump behind bars.

The whole trial was a moving target trying to look for crimes. The defense didn’t even know what they were defending until the prosecution’s closing argument, which was the last argument heard by the jury. Apparently New York is the only state that allows that… can you confirm?

Key witnesses for the defense were denied.

Biden campaign trotted out Deniro outside the courthouse to bash Trump at a press conference.

All seems like Kangaroo court.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #291 on: June 01, 2024, 01:14:26 PM »

So says the king of parroting talking heads. 

Self awareness isn’t your strong suit there, is it Whoopi Wesburg?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #292 on: June 01, 2024, 02:44:08 PM »

The whole trial was a moving target trying to look for crimes. The defense didn’t even know what they were defending until the prosecution’s closing argument, which was the last argument heard by the jury. Apparently New York is the only state that allows that… can you confirm?

Biden campaign trotted out Deniro outside the courthouse to bash Trump at a press conference.

Dude, you’re not a lawyer. Don’t make us non lawyers look bad by going against the likes of a legal expert, like Wes.

Do not question D.A. Brag’s 45 million dollar net worth. It only brought up because he black.

Is it racist to call attention to the lack of linking verbs in Ebonics?

If so, I don’t mind your deleting my post, Short Stuff. I bring a plenty without it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #293 on: June 01, 2024, 02:52:59 PM »
Another thing, Spanky. If you’re thinking that I’m just going to sit idly by and let you abuse Snags, you’re more mentally ill that most seem to believe that you are.

Do you actually believe that anyone on here is incapable of debating either of you? Or, for that matter, beating the physical fuck out of you after the verbal beat down is over?

Regardless, I’m not about to sit here and let you take advantage of my retarded friend. Lawyer or not. Go fuck yourself, fire plug.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #294 on: June 02, 2024, 03:16:50 PM »

This is why this is going to be a painful exercise (prob moreso for me than you.)  Recusal is a VERY high standard.  I've had opposing counsel who was the SON of the judge...and I couldn't get a recusal.  Donating to a politician isn't an inherently disqualifying action, without more.  Was he a super donor?  Millions given?  Had to be hundreds of thousands  if this is objectionable behavior, right? 

$35 to the Dem party with a whopping $15 earmarked for Joe's campaign. 

Asked if this could be grounds for a legal challenge or recusal, Gillers said, “Absolutely not. This does not come anywhere near the kind of proof required for recusal.”  (Gillers is a legal ethics professor at New York University)

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/06/politics/judge-merchan-trump-biden-contribution/index.html

I can't find anything about Bragg's campaign that looks relevant, but a prosecutor promising to be tough on crime...and specifically tough on the loudest and most obvious business crimes committer in NYC...is not surprising. 

The whole trial was a moving target trying to look for crimes.

That is patently stupid.  The crimes were charged in the indictment.  You can't drag someone to criminal court without telling them what they're charged with.

The defense didn’t even know what they were defending until the prosecution’s closing argument,

Also patently stupid.  There are no Perry Mason surprises in court.  The defense knew (and if they couldn't figure out from the witness list, then they're incompetent) what they were up against.

which was the last argument heard by the jury. Apparently New York is the only state that allows that… can you confirm?

Goddamnit.  This is the stupidest yet and why I implore you to please please please stop getting your news from wherever you do.  EVERY JURISDICTION IN THE UNITED STATES ALLOWS THE PARTY WITH THE BURDEN OF PROOF TO GET THE FINAL REBUTTAL. PLAINTIFFS IN CIVIL SUITS AND THE STATE IN CRIMINAL CASES GO LAST.

Also for the State.  There were limitations on both sides due to the prohibited portions of their testimony and no reasonable way to get them on the record without going beyond the evidentiary limitations.  If you have a specific witness objection, let's pull the motions and orders and see what happened.

Yeah, that was stupid.  It also had zero effect on the verdict.

I'm sure that's the picture being painted in certain media circles that know their audience won't think critically about anything presented to them.

Present company excluded, though, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2024, 04:12:03 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #295 on: June 02, 2024, 06:39:33 PM »
Goddamnit.  This is the stupidest yet and why I implore you to please please please stop getting your news from wherever you do.  EVERY JURISDICTION IN THE UNITED STATES ALLOWS THE PARTY WITH THE BURDEN OF PROOF TO GET THE FINAL REBUTTAL. PLAINTIFFS IN CIVIL SUITS AND THE STATE IN CRIMINAL CASES GO LAST.

This is why you chant be debated. His comment had nothing to do with the prosecution speaking last. It was about them finally revealing exactly what they are trying to prove without having anyone be able to address it. It’s not a normal thing. The defense never had a definitive charge to rebut. Just some vague shit about how he committed a felony, but never really exactly what “higher” crime was committed. Without the supposed higher crime, the whole thing is just another out of the statute of limitations misdemeanor. The whole trial was a sham.
You know it. The people know it. The appellate court knows it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #296 on: June 02, 2024, 07:22:20 PM »
This is why you chant be debated. His comment had nothing to do with the prosecution speaking last. It was about them finally revealing exactly what they are trying to prove without having anyone be able to address it. It’s not a normal thing. The defense never had a definitive charge to rebut. Just some vague shit about how he committed a felony, but never really exactly what “higher” crime was committed. Without the supposed higher crime, the whole thing is just another out of the statute of limitations misdemeanor. The whole trial was a sham.
But surely they would be pursuing this if Trump was not running for office, right?

I’ve changed my mind. I want Trump to be convicted of all this bullshit, stay out of prison and STILL get elected. Of course, we will have to produce more suitcases of votes than them and dodge those busted water mains. But it’s doable.

And then, I want Trump to fly down to Destin and slap Wes in the mouth with his orange dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #297 on: June 02, 2024, 08:24:41 PM »

This is the shit I'm talking about.  It's so detached from facts/law/reality  that there's no basis for a rational discussion. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,

« Reply #298 on: June 02, 2024, 08:56:06 PM »
This is the shit I'm talking about.  It's so detached from facts/law/reality  that there's no basis for a rational discussion.

I respect you, and respect that you have a different philosophy on politics. I don’t easily dismiss the things you post. I take them in, digest them, and do some digging when I have time.  In fact, I’ve sought after things that we could agree on, but sometimes have missed the mark.  I am not entrenched in my positions, and do not want discourse to devolve into malicious, militant word vomit back and forth.

That said, I’ve read things from both sides on this, and know this is unprecedented in our great nation’s history. WT is 100% correct in saying that if he weren’t running for public office, nobody would be after Trump to this extent. Can you at least agree with that?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2024, 09:11:51 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #299 on: June 02, 2024, 09:15:33 PM »
WT is 100% correct
You know that I love u, Snake. And it’s 💯% almost entirely not in a gay way, at all. I would be proud for you to be my son. It would be nice to have a son who is not stoned and partying it up all weekend or raising hell and going to jail. I have 2 strikes on me.

At the same time, I feel that it’s my duty to make you into a better man, when I can.

Succinctness is next to cleanliness and pussy, they say. You could have stopped with the part right here and you’d have been completely on target.
🎯 dude.

Much ❤️
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions