Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Just when you thought this cluster freak of a coaching staff could not get worse

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption

we do need some new blood on the coaching staff, certain position coaches, OC, etc.  but tubbs deserves to stay. 

How about Texas tech's offensive staff? They have been redonkulus on offense this year. Currently they are making muschamp their bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
false start mid 4th quarter.

other than that though... I actually did see improvement from this team.
It's not a game unless Ziemba fucks up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

It's going to be one of two scenarios...

1) Tuberville is gone and it all changes....

2) Tuberville stays but is forced to change his staff and a big name higher dollar OC is brought in.

I'm thinking at this point, CTT will negotiate a buyout and resign/ retire at the end of this season allowing the BOT the ability to save face and still honor the great 10 years that Tuberville gave us, yet allows them also to get down to really getting a wide open search happening before recruiting is lost, and we lose other good players already committed, or PLAYING CURRENTLY.

I'd look for an announcement within' the next week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It's going to be one of two scenarios...

1) Tuberville is gone and it all changes....

2) Tuberville stays but is forced to change his staff and a big name higher dollar OC is brought in.

I'm thinking at this point, CTT will negotiate a buyout and resign/ retire at the end of this season allowing the BOT the ability to save face and still honor the great 10 years that Tuberville gave us, yet allows them also to get down to really getting a wide open search happening before recruiting is lost, and we lose other good players already committed, or PLAYING CURRENTLY.

I'd look for an announcement within' the next week.

That would be sweet. Do it on good terms with tubs and get him to help keep the recruits. Then bankroll someone with some talent afa coaching goes and some fire afa in their belly. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 11:34:02 AM by tiger88 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I don't see him improving much this season. 

I don't see you paying much attention then.  He made some poor throws off his back foot, but his arm strength is heads and shoulders above Todd, and he makes quick decisions right or wrong.  Another thing he doesn't do, is stare down his receivers.  Multiple receivers caught passes yesterday and only a few (the 8 yard out routes) were first in the progressions.

I'm not saying Kodi is all world, but he's better than Todd, worth not burning a red shirt on Trotter, and he IS improving in my opinion.  His legs also give us a MUCH needed wrinkle in an offense that is way to easy to defend if you don't respect the running QB.

Mistakes or not, and even though it's not the optimal thing, and yes, even if he makes the mistakes, the sad thing is, HE IS our best option at QB....right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
if Burns could throw the ball more consistantly and take a little more time through his progressions, he would be a total badass. he misses wide open guys sometimes because he freaks out and runs, but usually gains pretty good yardage when he does that anyway. watching him yesterday it just seems like he is right there but can't quite get over the hump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
I like the chemistry that Kodi has with Trott.  I wish he had that comfort level with all of his receivers.  If he did, he would've looked past Trott a couple of times and found the wide open guy running ten yards farther down the field.  Anyway, it looked like they might have stumbled upon the vertical game once again.  That was nice to see.  I think that Kodi will be outstanding once he gets a true QB coach to help him. 

War Damn Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

kirkAU

I don't see you paying much attention then.  He made some poor throws off his back foot, but his arm strength is heads and shoulders above Todd, and he makes quick decisions right or wrong.  Another thing he doesn't do, is stare down his receivers.  Multiple receivers caught passes yesterday and only a few (the 8 yard out routes) were first in the progressions.

I'm not saying Kodi is all world, but he's better than Todd, worth not burning a red shirt on Trotter, and he IS improving in my opinion.  His legs also give us a MUCH needed wrinkle in an offense that is way to easy to defend if you don't respect the running QB.

Mistakes or not, and even though it's not the optimal thing, and yes, even if he makes the mistakes, the sad thing is, HE IS our best option at QB....right now.

my point is you won't see kodi improve much from now until the end of the season.  not arguing you other points, i agree.  he is our best option.  i do expect to see a great kodi burns next season.  after a spring and summer of work with a good qb coach, he'll be great. 

but we'll have to wait and see how the rest of the games play out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

my point is you won't see kodi improve much from now until the end of the season.  not arguing you other points, i agree.  he is our best option.  i do expect to see a great kodi burns next season.  after a spring and summer of work with a good qb coach, he'll be great. 

but we'll have to wait and see how the rest of the games play out.

:thumbsup:  True.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions