Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Biggest margin ever

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Biggest margin ever
« on: December 14, 2019, 09:57:17 PM »
Joe Burrow wins the Heisman by the largest margin in history.  More first place votes. More total votes. 

Don’t ever underestimate good coaching.  There are at least half a dozen more physically talented quarterbacks in the SEC. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Biggest margin ever
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 01:07:28 AM »
Joe Burrow wins the Heisman by the largest margin in history.  More first place votes. More total votes.

Don’t ever underestimate good coaching.  There are at least half a dozen more physically talented quarterbacks in the SEC.
Name them.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 07:40:54 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 08:35:36 AM »
Name them.
Key word here being physical. Burrow is a magician between the ears. 

Mond, Tua, Nix, Bryant, maybe Guarantano, maybe Franks, Wilson.

Not Fromm. Probably not trask.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 09:06:02 AM »
Guarantee Burrow can outrun every one of those.  No way Bo Nix is more physically talented than Goat Boy.  Much bigger.  Stronger and way more accurate arm.  Definitely more elusive and faster. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 12:30:57 PM »
This is the game LSU fans overwelmingly ackowledge they had something special v. Miami.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_6cefb17c-af8b-11e8-9704-83cc93616a0c.html

And then there was the UCF lineman blindsiding incident where Joe won over all of the faithful for his toughness.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bianchiwrites/status/1080169205763256320?lang=en

Some mention the victory over Auburn as well.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/why-burrow-heroics-last-year-auburn-2019/

But they lost to Florida, were shut out by
Alabama, lost a seven overtime game to TAMU and then failed in the bowl game against Notre Dame.

I don't necessarily think Burrow gave up much if any athleticism to his peers in the SEC.  Mond and Fromm might be more athletic overall, Tua faster, at least before getting injured.
Burrow seems more gifted than the others mentioned but LSU fans even conceed that his backup Myles Brennan has a much stronger arm.

But to the point it was Orgeron who made the move from LSU's traditional ground based attack by hiring Brady to install the NFL passing concepts which took full advantage of their wide receiver talent. Joe Burrow was the right QB for that change.

And if you ask me, backup Mac Jones is far stronger than Tua.
Bo Nix imo came to Auburn a much more gifted, headier version of Sean White. It is a shame that Malzahn isn't capable of allowing someone to help our offense take full advantage of our talent as did Orgeron.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 01:22:29 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 01:35:07 PM »
Guarantee Burrow can outrun every one of those.  No way Bo Nix is more physically talented than Goat Boy.  Much bigger.  Stronger and way more accurate arm.  Definitely more elusive and faster.
You're crazy.  

For reasons I'd prefer not to discuss I've watched more LSU games the last two years than I have Auburn games.  

Joe Burrow is well coached.  Period.  His arm strength is average.  He rarely throws a "pretty" ball.  He's elusive, but he's not fast.  He's been coached to take advantage of what's presented to him.  

The improvement from last year to this year is pretty impressive.  Why did he improve?   Because Orgeron brought in somebody who had worked with Drew Brees (also not the most physically gifted QB) and used the same sort of strategies that make Drew so successful.  He knows exactly where his receivers are going to be on any given situation.  He knows from the snap where the most likely weakness is going to be.  That's coaching (and gifted WRs).  

What Burrow is?  He's a smart kid.  He makes good decisions.  He's presented with a template that allows him to succeed.  Would Joe Burrow win the Heisman at Auburn? UA? Tennessee? Oregon? Michigan?  Texas?  Fuck no.  You wouldn't have any idea who he was if he hadn't been provided the opportunities (coaching) he got at LSU.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 02:13:59 PM »
You're crazy. 

For reasons I'd prefer not to discuss I've watched more LSU games the last two years than I have Auburn games. 

Joe Burrow is well coached.  Period.  His arm strength is average.  He rarely throws a "pretty" ball.  He's elusive, but he's not fast.  He's been coached to take advantage of what's presented to him. 

The improvement from last year to this year is pretty impressive.  Why did he improve?  Because Orgeron brought in somebody who had worked with Drew Brees (also not the most physically gifted QB) and used the same sort of strategies that make Drew so successful.  He knows exactly where his receivers are going to be on any given situation.  He knows from the snap where the most likely weakness is going to be.  That's coaching (and gifted WRs). 

What Burrow is?  He's a smart kid.  He makes good decisions.  He's presented with a template that allows him to succeed.  Would Joe Burrow win the Heisman at Auburn? UA? Tennessee? Oregon? Michigan?  Texas?  Fuck no.  You wouldn't have any idea who he was if he hadn't been provided the opportunities (coaching) he got at LSU. 
Can't argue this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 06:13:23 PM »
Key word here being physical. Burrow is a magician between the ears.

Mond, Tua, Nix, Bryant, maybe Guarantano, maybe Franks, Wilson.

Not Fromm. Probably not trask.
Would take one, maybe two of those guys. Uh uh. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 06:14:19 PM »
You wouldn't have any idea who he was if he hadn't been provided the opportunities (coaching) he got at LSU. 
That could be said about the last 20 QBs who won the award. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2019, 07:09:49 PM »
That could be said about the last 20 QBs who won the award.
Cam Newton points and laughs at you.  He’s joined by Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel.  And 17 other quarterbacks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2019, 07:59:59 PM »
Cam Newton points and laughs at you.  He’s joined by Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel.  And 17 other quarterbacks.
Cam is the exception to the rule. 

Do you think Tebow wins a Heisman playing for Shula? Or Johnny Manziel anywhere else but cheating aTm? False. /story
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2019, 08:15:03 PM »
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 08:17:37 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2019, 09:47:43 PM »
Cam is the exception to the rule.

Do you think Tebow wins a Heisman playing for Shula? Or Johnny Manziel anywhere else but cheating aTm? False. /story
Yeah.  I do.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2019, 09:52:28 PM »
Stidham was taken in the fourth round, number 133 overall.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/11/8/20954722/joe-burrow-lsu-quarterback-nfl-draft-stock-rising
Pretty much backs up everything I said. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2019, 02:50:14 PM »
You would put his raw combine numbers up against all of those? I think our definition of physical may be different than yours. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2019, 02:51:14 PM »
You're crazy. 

The improvement from last year to this year is pretty impressive.  Why did he improve?  Because Orgeron brought in somebody who had worked with Drew Brees (also not the most physically gifted QB) and used the same sort of strategies that make Drew so successful.  He knows exactly where his receivers are going to be on any given situation.  He knows from the snap where the most likely weakness is going to be.  That's coaching (and gifted WRs). 

That^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2019, 04:16:58 PM »
You would put his raw combine numbers up against all of those? I think our definition of physical may be different than yours.
Pretty much. I'm not even suggesting that Burrow is the new and improved Cam.  And none of us have any combine numbers or 40 times to judge them by. I just know what I saw on the field and every time I saw the guy take off, there was nobody on the front 7 that could keep up with him.  And that play he made against Fuck Jawja in eluding the defender twice, outrunning them to the sidelines and then flipped it 40+ yards downfield to hit the guy in stride....you know....Tua level.  That was pretty dang skippy on all fronts.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."