Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The only player ever to be injured

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The only player ever to be injured
« on: November 18, 2019, 09:58:38 AM »
Loofa Tanglabamorla suffered the third major injury of his college career.  

Ten stories on al.com currently document this.   Ten.  

I'm one of the few who never really bought into the hype.  He's an average QB overall.  He has the luxury of standing behind an offensive line that is granted alarming leeway when it comes to holding.  He has the luxury of throwing passes to receivers that typically have at least two yards separation.  He's had the luxury of building a stat line against a parade of football corpses. 

Alabama's receivers have -- by far -- the highest yards-after-catch total in all of college football. Even Sleepy Joe Burrow is significantly better at the deeper throws. 

I'm alone in this, but I've seen enough of his work to believe that given the same circumstances you, I or probably Buzz could make 75-80% of the throws he makes.  I can throw a football 15 yards with some pretty good accuracy. It pains me greatly to say it, but if you stuck Bo Nix in that situation, he'd be a Heisman candidate right now.  

He's also played the softest schedule of any QB in the last five years or so.  He padded his stats against some really bad teams.  The majority of his legend is built off one extremely lucky half two years ago against Georgia.  His two "great" throws in that game both could have gone a different direction.  One wasn't even intended for the person who caught it.  

Other than that one half, he's rarely faced real adversity.  And when he has, he hasn't performed well.  

It was my considered opinion that whichever NFL team drafted the kid wasn't going to get the next Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson.  Both of those guys are infinitely more talented (and tested) than he is.  

It's amazing to me to watch the deluge of media meltdown over this.  No other player in the history of football has suffered a major injury.  We've got to flood the bookfaces with videos of him playing a tiny banjo, smother the whole of social media with calls for prayer chains.  We've got to consult with leading doctors around the globe to get their speculation on how quickly he can return to football. 

I didn't want to see his career cut short.  I kind of wanted to see if I was right and he really was going to Tank like Tuer.  But regardless what all these people are currently saying?  I think this is an end for him.  He'll try to play again, but he's not going to be the same player he was before (and he wasn't that great to begin with).  So let's write some more articles about it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: The only player ever to be injured
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 10:08:35 AM »
I didn't want to see his career cut short.  I kind of wanted to see if I was right and he really was going to Tank like Tuer.  But regardless what all these people are currently saying?  I think this is an end for him.  He'll try to play again, but he's not going to be the same player he was before (and he wasn't that great to begin with).  So let's write some more articles about it.
Ignoring the blind raging homerism of most of your post, unfortunately, I agree that I don't think that he will be able to play again.  This is a pretty serious injury and he is going to have quite a bit of hardware in there.  I just can't imagine NFL clubs wanting to take a chance with that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 11:03:33 AM »
I don't get the blind homerism of the fan base that are saying it's not Saban's fault.  Greg McDouchelroy started this morning how sick he was of political stances on sports then proceeded to scream that anyone who blamed Saban is sick and that the first thing on Twitter shouldn't have been why was he in the game, but thoughts and prayers should be with you Tua.

First, that isn't politics Greg...that has nothing to do with politics.  Second, it was a totally legit question....god forbid we go against lord almighty Saban.  I feel bad for the kid I do, but he shouldn't have been playing.  He shouldn't have started and he definitely shouldn't have been playing up 35-7 or whatever it was. 

Saban cost that kid millions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 11:09:30 AM »
I don't get the blind homerism of the fan base that are saying it's not Saban's fault.  Greg McDouchelroy started this morning how sick he was of political stances on sports then proceeded to scream that anyone who blamed Saban is sick and that the first thing on Twitter shouldn't have been why was he in the game, but thoughts and prayers should be with you Tua.

First, that isn't politics Greg...that has nothing to do with politics.  Second, it was a totally legit question....god forbid we go against lord almighty Saban.  I feel bad for the kid I do, but he shouldn't have been playing.  He shouldn't have started and he definitely shouldn't have been playing up 35-7 or whatever it was.

Negative ghost rider...

That kid cost himself millions by going there to play.  Saban has routinely played his starter well into the third quarter and sometimes fourth.  Dumb move? Sure.  But Lord Saybinz is consistent in that area.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 11:26:42 AM »
Negative ghost rider...

That kid cost himself millions by going there to play.  Saban has routinely played his starter well into the third quarter and sometimes fourth.  Dumb move? Sure.  But Lord Saybinz is consistent in that area.
NOBODY pulls their starter before half only up 28 points.
This is not high school. Most times you bring them in the second half for one series to establish the half. And then you start pulling. But the last series before the half is a GREAT time to practice your 2 minute O. EVERY coach knows this.

Now if you want to say he should not have even played, you might have a point. But remember, the last time he skipped a game, he looked like dung the first quarter back.

This whole issue is ridiculous.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RWS

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 11:52:44 AM »

First, that isn't politics Greg...that has nothing to do with politics.  Second, it was a totally legit question....god forbid we go against lord almighty Saban.  I feel bad for the kid I do, but he shouldn't have been playing.  He shouldn't have started and he definitely shouldn't have been playing up 35-7 or whatever it was.

Sorry, totally disagree here.  And it's not just homerism.  You could tell Tua was still sore from the LSU game, but he was clearly good enough to play and Saban said post-game Tua wanted to play.  If he's healthy enough, and he wants to play, and last year MSU gave Bama fits and only lost by 7, and you're trying to impress the CFP......you're going to play him.  In hindsight could they have been just fine with Jones?  Probably.  But when you're on the outside looking in for the playoffs and need to mash everyone you play from here on out, you're going to play Tua.

Also, post-game Saban said the plan was to put Jones in for that drive.  The cameras even showed him warming up on the sideline.  He said Tua said he wanted to play that drive to practice 2 minute drill, and that would be it for the day.  I mean, what if he tears his ACL stretching at practice for Western Carolina?  What if it happened on the first play of the game against MSU?  What if, what if, what if?  Bottom line, it was something absolutely freak that happened. 

As much as I want to point a finger and blame someone and be mad about it, there just isn't anyone to blame.  Anyone can get injured at any time.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 12:15:48 PM »
Sorry, totally disagree here.  And it's not just homerism.  You could tell Tua was still sore from the LSU game, but he was clearly good enough to play and Saban said post-game Tua wanted to play.  If he's healthy enough, and he wants to play, and last year MSU gave Bama fits and only lost by 7, and you're trying to impress the CFP......you're going to play him.  In hindsight could they have been just fine with Jones?  Probably.  But when you're on the outside looking in for the playoffs and need to mash everyone you play from here on out, you're going to play Tua.

Also, post-game Saban said the plan was to put Jones in for that drive.  The cameras even showed him warming up on the sideline.  He said Tua said he wanted to play that drive to practice 2 minute drill, and that would be it for the day.  I mean, what if he tears his ACL stretching at practice for Western Carolina?  What if it happened on the first play of the game against MSU?  What if, what if, what if?  Bottom line, it was something absolutely freak that happened.

As much as I want to point a finger and blame someone and be mad about it, there just isn't anyone to blame.  Anyone can get injured at any time. 
My kid wants oreos for dinner every night. I have to be a parent and tell him no.  Tua doesn't get to play himself Saban does, and CCTAU, I don't think he should have played at all.  I can kinda see your point about pulling him, but I don't think he should have played. 

I know his injury was freak and had nothing to do with what his past injuries were, but IMO if he was a gametime decision why play him when you have Auburn coming up on your schedule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 12:34:47 PM »
IMO if he was a gametime decision why play him when you have Auburn coming up on your schedule.
I think the "gametime decision" tag was more tactics than anything.  You know how loosely that gets thrown around.  Judging by his play, do you really believe that he was a true gametime decision?  Did he look like he was borderline going into the game?  By the logic you are using, if he should have sat this game, then he most certainly should sit against Western Carolina.  Because if he shouldn't have been playing in an SEC game that, at this point is just as important as the Auburn game, there is no way in hell he should play against Western Carolina.  You're going to send him into the Auburn game against probably one of if not the best defenses in the country having been on ice for 2 weeks?  What if he gets injured in the Auburn game? 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 12:36:46 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 12:39:29 PM »
You're going to send him into the Auburn game against probably one of if not the best defenses in the country having been on ice for 2 weeks?  What if he gets injured in the Auburn game?
I would yes because he had a major surgery two weeks ago. I already stated it was fluke, so he gets injured against Auburn it happens.  I think it was a poor decision to play him, but Saban is above reproach right, so we can't question him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 12:39:43 PM »
Ignoring the blind raging homerism of most of your post, unfortunately, I agree that I don't think that he will be able to play again.  This is a pretty serious injury and he is going to have quite a bit of hardware in there.  I just can't imagine NFL clubs wanting to take a chance with that.
"Blind raging homerism" = doesn't lick Tua's ass and declare him the greatest ever
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 12:40:37 PM »
To me it makes more sense to play the back-up in case Tua can't go, let the kid fucking heal, he isn't superman.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 01:17:06 PM »
Question: Take all the teams across the country right now who are playing for nothing other than what bowl game they will play in.  Some won't even play in a bowl game.  Do you just bench all of your starters for the rest of the season?  These next two games mean absolutely nothing to these teams, so what if one of your starters gets a horrific injury in one of these games on the first drive of the game?  Why don't the Bengals in the NFL just go ahead and bench all of their starters?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 01:18:44 PM »
Question: Take all the teams across the country right now who are playing for nothing other than what bowl game they will play in.  Some won't even play in a bowl game.  Do you just bench all of your starters for the rest of the season?  These next two games mean absolutely nothing to these teams, so what if one of your starters gets a horrific injury in one of these games on the first drive of the game?  Why don't the Bengals in the NFL just go ahead and bench all of their starters? 
I suggest the Bengals do that.  Couldn't be any worse. 

Hail Saban! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2019, 01:23:10 PM »
I would yes because he had a major surgery two weeks ago. I already stated it was fluke, so he gets injured against Auburn it happens.  I think it was a poor decision to play him, but Saban is above reproach right, so we can't question him.
My point is, the MSU game is just as important as the Auburn game at this point.  MSU damn near won last year.  Bama can't even afford to have a struggle win at this point.  If you lose the MSU game, there is no point in the Auburn game in terms of CFP. 

So, should Mac Jones get benched for the Western Carolina game and Tua's little brother start?  Should Nix and Whitlow sit vs. Samford?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 01:31:09 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2019, 01:27:17 PM »
I suggest the Bengals do that.  Couldn't be any worse.

Hail Saban!
Look, I have no problem blaming Saban where blame is due.  I blame him for the epic beatdown by Clemson last year, I blame him for having a shitty DC, I blame him for not finding someone who can teach a guy how to kick field goals.  If Tua's injury were his fault, I would blame him for that as well.  If it were the same point spread or more and Tua was in during the 4th quarter and this happened, I would be handing out the torches and pitchforks right now.  It's just not his fault.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2019, 01:45:33 PM »
Look, I have no problem blaming Saban where blame is due.  I blame him for the epic beatdown by Clemson last year, I blame him for having a shitty DC, I blame him for not finding someone who can teach a guy how to kick field goals.  If Tua's injury were his fault, I would blame him for that as well.  If it were the same point spread or more and Tua was in during the 4th quarter and this happened, I would be handing out the torches and pitchforks right now.  It's just not his fault. 
I don't blame him for playing anybody.  How can I when Gus rode Kerryon, Tre and others until they were broken shells of their former selves?  

I do blame a corrupt system that bases national bowl seedings on stupid ass concepts like "the eye test" or "style points."  

Simple question:  If Bama were not trying to backdoor its way into an undeserved invitation to the CFP (eat a dick Gary Danielson),  how long would he have stuck with Tua against MSU?  Would he have run him ragged against LSU?  

But that wasn't even the point of this.  1) I just don't think he's really that good and worth the "first in the draft" hype and 2) the national hyperventilating over his injury is kinda overblown. Nothing against him or Saban. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 01:46:31 PM »
Should Nix and Whitlow sit vs. Samford?
Yes, but not for the reasons you think. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2019, 01:46:51 PM »
My kid wants oreos for dinner every night. I have to be a parent and tell him no.  Tua doesn't get to play himself Saban does, and CCTAU, I don't think he should have played at all.  I can kinda see your point about pulling him, but I don't think he should have played. 

I know his injury was freak and had nothing to do with what his past injuries were, but IMO if he was a gametime decision why play him when you have Auburn coming up on your schedule.
He was sore the week before. So why trot him out against LSU?
It is football. If the kid was cleared and he felt good, then you play him.
Football is a contact sport. And if we knew the outcome of the games, we wouldn't need to play them.
I'm glad the kid is out. We need all the help we can get. But this is not on the coach. The  only option here that would have kept him completely safe is to not play him at all. But that also has its consequences. The plan was a good one. Let him play a half, keep the juices flowing. And get ready for next week.
I wish our coach had the balls to tell our QB to play balls out and let the chips fall where they may. Well, until he ran off the backup!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 02:36:55 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2019, 02:12:49 PM »
He was sore the week before. So why trot him out against LSU?
It is football. If the kid was cleared and he felt good, then you play him.
Football is a contact sport. And if we knew the outcome of the games, we wouldn't need to pay them.
I'm glad the kid is out. We need all the help we can get. But this is not on the coach. The  only option here that would have kept him completely safe is to not play him at all. But that also has its consequences. The plan was a good one. Let him play a half, keep the juices flowing. And get ready for next week.
I wish our coach had the balls to tell our QB to play balls out and let the chips fall where they may. Well, until he ran off the backup!
I blame the hurry up offense Saban developed. 

Gus said years ago it was going to get players hurt.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2019, 09:49:12 AM »
I blame the hurry up offense Saban developed. 

Gus said years ago it was going to get players hurt.   
Hey, Saban didn't develop the hurry up. It was.....oh wait, I see what you did there.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."