Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pardickshuns Week F Georgia

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Pardickshuns Week F Georgia
« on: November 13, 2019, 11:09:18 AM »
There are some very intriguing match ups this weekend that could have some major implications on the playoff picture along with the New Year's Day Big 6.  I never read too much into the playoff rankings early on because there's always some crazy stuff that happens down the stretch.  Obviously, Auburn can throw a wrench into the works with a win over FUGA, as the committee has now placed those nasty, one-loss dawgs in the top 4.  Another contest that doesn't seem to be getting much pub has Oklahoma going to undefeated Baylor.  When is the last time anyone said "Undefeated Baylor" at this point in the season?  With it's one loss, OU is sitting just on the outside looking in, but again, there's a lot of foosballz to be played before the dust settles. 

One rivalry game that is normally one to pay attention to is Michigan vs. Michigan State.  Right now though, this looks to be two teams going in opposite directions.  The Spartans have fallen on hard times, sitting at 4-5 and losers of their last two, while Meat Chicken has rolled in it's last couple of games after a heartbreaker at Sandusky U.  I'm not a Jim Harbaugh fan, but I'd like to see them continue to trend upward (That's the first time I've ever used the term "Trend upward") so that the finale against the Swolehio State Bulkeyes at the end of the season is the traditional battle you always love to see.

Michigan  35

MSU  21

Closer to home, the Fighting Two-ers go on the road to Starkvegas.  I haven't read anything on it, but if I had to guess, I'd say Lord Saybinz sits his gimpy QB until the Iron Bowl.  That might not sit too well with the boys in the real Vegas as the Tahd comes in as a 20+ point favorite.  However, I think Bama knows they need to impress to jump back in the top four, and 2-er or not, they score early and often.

Bama  49

MSU 17

May be a stretch to say this, but I really believe this weekend could be the end of Gus if our boys don't whip that dawg ass.  The other side of that is if we do beat FUGA, it's Groundhog Day on steroids and we get 6 more years of Coach Upthemiddle.  A loss most certainly means we're headed for another 4-5 loss season and if Yella Fella and the Boys don't grasp the concept that $7 mil a year is worthy of better, then I don't know what to say.  For as much as I don't want Gus Malzahn on the Auburn sidelines, I never have and never will pull for a loss.  I'm certainly not here.  As I said in another thread, I think we are equally as talented as FUGA across the board with the exception of QB.  Jake Fromm State Farm is not a world beater, but he's solid as hell. We can't say the same for our signal caller.  This game will come down to one thing and one thing only.  Can Gus choose wisely from his Laminated Sheet of Genius?  If he does, this is just the type of game that Auburn makes you say, "Where has that been all season?"  Two great defenses going at it Saturday, but the boys in blue prevail.

Auburn  24

Fuck Georgia  21

What say ye, Brethren?     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Pardickshuns Week F Georgia
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 12:28:21 PM »
We better score more points than FUGA...that's my prediction.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Parrichardshuns Week F Georgia
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 01:28:58 PM »
Alabama (8-1) @ Mississippi State (4-5)
Angry Alabama is not a team you want to play and that's exactly what Mississippi State can see coming down the tracks straight for Starkville. The Crimson Tide not only needs wins; they need to eradicate the remaining teams on the schedule in order to keep any hopes alive of impressing the selection committee. (Side note: how ridiculous is this? This whole playoff thing is a beauty contest where the criteria are inconsistent and contestants are asked to do anything but be great at football to be chosen. I miss the polls and bowls era.) Mississippi State's bowl hopes are on life support and this won't help that cause one bit. Alabama needs to get right on defense by applying pressure and getting this team off the field on third downs. On offense, expect Alabama to run the ball to set up their passing game theatrics.
Alabama 45, Mississippi State 14

South Carolina (4-6) @ Texas A&M (6-3)
South Carolina's season has gone completely sideways. Whether the blame is injuries or youthful inexperience, it is clear this is a poorly coached team. While Texas A&M has played unevenly at times this year, no one questions what is happening on the sidelines and in the booth. If this is the end of the Muschamp era in Columbia remains unknown as of this writing, but it is clear the Gamecocks don't have the players nor mettle to go on the road and win this one. The Aggies have a long way to go but they are the better team. 
Texas A&M 31, South Carolina 23

Georgia (8-1) @ Auburn (7-2)
This is the game that Alabama-LSU used to be - two defensive teams who like to run the ball and attempt to suffocate each other. Auburn's chances in this game exist due to the outstanding defensive front and being the home team. The Tigers offense is what it is this year (mediocre offensive line play, decent RBs, inconsistent passing game) and this week's opposition is the best defensive unit they will play in the regular season. Georgia's offense is built around that outstanding run game and complimented by the efficient thought, not exciting passing drills from QB Jake Fromm. Auburn won't generate enough scores and points in this one. Couple that with the major special teams advantage Georgia holds (led by bespeckled K Rodrigo Blankenship), and I don't see a clear path for Auburn victory.
Georgia 16, Auburn 10
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 01:34:52 PM »
Georgia (8-1) @ Auburn (7-2)
This is the game that Alabama-LSU used to be - two defensive teams who like to run the ball and attempt to suffocate each other. Auburn's chances in this game exist due to the outstanding defensive front and being the home team. The Tigers offense is what it is this year (mediocre offensive line play, decent RBs, inconsistent passing game) and this week's opposition is the best defensive unit they will play in the regular season. Georgia's offense is built around that outstanding run game and complimented by the efficient thought, not exciting passing drills from QB Jake Fromm. Auburn won't generate enough scores and points in this one. Couple that with the major special teams advantage Georgia holds (led by bespeckled K Rodrigo Blankenship), and I don't see a clear path for Auburn victory.
Georgia 16, Auburn 10
I agree with your analysis except (I think you are severely undermining the Home part) and that is going to lead us to victory. 19-16 AU
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 01:36:31 PM »
I agree with your analysis except (I think you are severely undermining the Home part) and that is going to lead us to victory. 19-16 AU

I hope you are right. I really do. But Gus...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 01:45:16 PM »

I hope you are right. I really do. But Gus...

Just sayin :poke:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 02:17:10 PM »

Just sayin :poke:

I did miss a week. Also, nice. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 02:34:21 PM »
OK Boomers, here's my prerichardictions

We alway$ pa$$ the eye te$t (ALABAMA)   Eleventy billion
I was told there would be no tests (MISS STATE)  24

Ruining my 2nd program (aTm)    38
Hey, me too  (USCe)    13

Time to make the doughnuts (or the extensions)  (AUBURN)   24
Too bad we didn't have our LEDs  (FUCK GEORGIA)    17
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 03:44:15 PM »
Not a perdicksherns, just an observation.  The team nobody is really talking about is Clemson.  Something we all thought going in that's turned out to be true, is their schedule has been embarrassingly easy.  They are 10-0 and end the regular season with Wake Forest and Sakerlina. 

They slopped around with TA&M early on.  Then, it was like all the luster wore off when the Tarheels took them to the wire.  But otherwise, they've done what good teams do against inferior opponents and bitch slapped everybody else.  They're on a roll with scoring in the 50's on everyone and their D is shutting all comers down.

In one sense, it's hard to take them seriously with that pathetic schedule.  However, this is still the program that's won 2 of the last 3 MNC's.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 04:27:37 PM »
Not a perrichardsherns, just an observation.  The team nobody is really talking about is Clemson.
Everything you wrote is true.

However, fudge them, too.

Will never forget the smarm of Dabo after 2014 loss. And their fans are nuevo riche butt monkey dumb. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:29:18 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 04:28:54 PM »
I don't see any team advancing ahead of Alabama if they win out. It's highly unlikely that Ohio State falters and Clemson is a lock. 

This thing rests totally on how LSU and Georgia finish.
Auburn can win out but I think we get outcoached against Alabama.

Whatever happens I think Gus Malzahn will be Auburn's head coach for at least 5 more years. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 04:33:16 PM »
I'd love to see Ohio State ass fuck Climpsum repeatedly for 60 minutes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2019, 04:51:37 PM »
Think about it...has any head coach been more instrumental at building salaries and reputations than our shit the bed head coach Gus Malzahn?

DABO, KIRBY, JIMBO and now ORGERON.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2019, 04:53:26 PM »
Think about it...has any head coach been more instrumental at building salaries and reputations than our shoot the bed head coach Gus Malzahn?

DABO, KIRBY, JIMBO and now ORGERON.
Creating jobs like Trump. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2019, 04:55:28 PM »
Creating jobs like Trump.
So you're saying Gus Malzahn for President? Gus Bus 2020.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2019, 05:07:40 PM »
Related image
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2019, 05:32:05 PM »
Related image
It used to be called "Clemsoning" until they had a few sessions with Dr. Gustav Malzahn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2019, 01:31:30 AM »
I just eat the wings, drink the beer, and wait for the disappointment. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2019, 07:18:28 AM »
I just eat the wings, drink the beer, and wait for the disappointment.
What!        Are you telling me you have never dropped down on all fours in front of the tv and screamed what in the fuck are you doing you stupid fucking bastard?
You have to release the pain dude or Gus' shitty coaching will gradually creep in and steal your spirit.
Have you developed any tics, had headaches, tremors, bouts of stuttering or exhibited any unusual behavior recently?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2019, 08:53:06 AM »
Not a perrichardsherns, just an observation.  The team nobody is really talking about is Clemson.  Something we all thought going in that's turned out to be true, is their schedule has been embarrassingly easy.  They are 10-0 and end the regular season with Wake Forest and Sakerlina.

They slopped around with TA&M early on.  Then, it was like all the luster wore off when the Tarheels took them to the wire.  But otherwise, they've done what good teams do against inferior opponents and bitch slapped everybody else.  They're on a roll with scoring in the 50's on everyone and their D is shutting all comers down.

In one sense, it's hard to take them seriously with that pathetic schedule.  However, this is still the program that's won 2 of the last 3 MNC's. 
Their best win is aTm.  Seems like there's somebody else with a loss in the top 5 whose best win was that same team.  Can't quite remember who.  It's on the tip of my tongue though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.