Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Seeing It for What It Is

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Seeing It for What It Is
« on: November 10, 2019, 11:46:02 AM »
Maybe the national press is finally coming around. 

We know what's going to happen over the next month. The SEC propaganda machine is going to kick into high gear, the excuses are going to flow in and the benefit of the doubt that the college football establishment gives exclusively to Alabama will creep into the discussion.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2019/11/10/college-football-week-11-takeaways-observations-alabama-playoff/2553232001/

This week's takeaways. 

LSU, obviously is on top of the world.  Got one enormous monkey off their backs and everything remains in play.  Problem?  They're going to lose to Texas A&M.  

Sadly, because of what that article said and the impending balloon burst that is LSU's fate?  The only thing that has any impact to the playoffs is losing to Alabama.  Beating them means nothing.  They're still right in there.  Tinkling Tudwater made sure to limp in front of the cameras after it was over.  Then that poi gargling clown twittered about "Even with just one leg, he gave the game love" or some godawful shit like that.  And if he hadn't fumbled, if he hadn't thrown an interception, if they hadn't gotten flagged on that interception, if the refs had called holding on LSU, if, if, if, if, if.  I predict they'll stick at 5 in the next rankings, prepped to slide right back in.  

Arkansas is the worst SEC team I've ever seen.  Worse than 2012 Auburn by far.  Jerry Jones' grandson is an absolute joke.  I watched a Hog on a punt return point out the two people in front of him that needed to be blocked.  And the three Pig blockers pulled up and whiffed on them. Blew it up.  I don't think Morris makes it to the end of the year. 

Also on the flaming hot-seat?  Muschamp.  They beat Georgia.  But came up shit against App State. Got their anuses prolapsed by Missouri. Dick punched by Tennessee.  At 4-6 they'd have to beat both A&M and Clemson just to make a bowl against a soft ass schedule.  That's fire-worthy.  Don't see him making it either. 

Tennessee is still terrible. But with Little Stoops sniffing around FSU Kentucky let them off the hook.  That penis-headed coach might get the Vols to a bowl.  That'll keep him around for at least another year and postpone Fat Phil's inevitable ascension. 

Missouri.  Who cares. 

Georgia. Pffft.  We won't beat them because Gus' head is still squarely up his own ass, but the boasts about them being "raght thar buhind Bammer" are bogus.  Seriously flawed team not deserving of the accolades they get.  

Florida.  Have taken on the personality of their coach.  Creepy assholes.  And his wife is a candy-dishing whore.  It disgusts me that Gus was unable to come up with a way to beat that pack of trash rats.  

A&M. Afterthoughts.  Did they even play Saturday because nobody noticed if they did.  Sadly, though, they'll figure out some way to screw things up by beating LSU. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Seeing It for What It Is
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 03:29:25 PM »
There's no way aTm beats LSU. It's an impossibility. As far as the dawgs and Updykes, I think we can win against both. Don't ask me why, but our defense is dominating and Tua will not be 100% for the remainder of the year. UGA doesn't seem to be a threat to anyone right now. As far a bama and Fuga go, it's 50/50 in our favor being at home.

My ONLY hope is Gus getting out of his own way. He seems to fuck up every time though. If he loses these two, he should be gone to Arky or the Sunbelt conference. I'm sick and tired of his basic offense with no twist and turns (or imagination). He's predictable and pitiful when under pressure. I'm just sick of the whole damn thing, just sick of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Seeing It for What It Is
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 03:29:32 PM »
Wolken is 100% correct. Bama will rematch with either Clemson or LSU in the semifinals and won't have to worry about that pesky SECCG...again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg