Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

To beat LSU...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
To beat LSU...
« on: October 21, 2019, 05:57:37 PM »
It's going to take something spectacular and undeniable.  

The SEC dearly wants to protect its super-hyped 1 vs. 2 matchup between Alabama and LSU.  Lots of things will be working against us.  

1) Pass interference calls.  Already said the over/under is six.  I think we come in just under, but still get five thrown -- two at critical junctures.  
2) Holding calls.  Calls against LSU will be few and far between (despite my pointing out last week that their tackles repeatedly wrapped full arms around MSU defenders).  AU will pick up at least three holding calls, one of which will either push us out of field goal range, call a TD back or take away a critical first down. 

There will be other ways we'll get hosed, but it's gonna happen.  I don't see us winning a last-second field goal type game because they won't let that happen.  We'll have to punch their dicks off and I just don't think we have the coaching to make that happen.   Talent wise, I don't think there's much disparity at all. They have a better staff and do a better job putting their players in the right situation. 

Kinda funny when you think about it.  If there had been one second more on the clock two years ago?  Gus would be at Kansas, Les would be in Baton Rouge and we'd have Orgeron.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

Re: To beat LSU...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 06:59:13 PM »
:cents:

If this game were like LSU-Texas where the stripes allowed both teams to play fast and loose I would say we have an even chance to win this one. 

We match up in talent and yes their defense can be gouged for big plays however their defense, like ours gets VERY stingy in the red zone.
We are taught to grab and pull a guy like Jefferson down if beaten. The worrisome flags come from our guys mugging a guy two seconds before the ball arrives. Otherwise they have a hard nosed stubby back with a hyphenated last name that's gonna get 60 yards and 
Burrow will get loose a few times for 40 or so yards when good coverage leads to broken containment. 
THIS IS WHERE BURROW IS THE BEST IN CFB...this season anyway. He improvises as he threatens to run then hurls one off his back foot ACCURATELY to a receiver that was once covered. They are NFL throws from a guy that reacts like an NFL QB. 
Hurts is good but he doesn't have to do this and Burrow does it like it's second nature.

We can beat them if Nix has time to find Schwartz and Williams on early downs and our genius coach is unpredictable enough to make third downs almost non- existent. 

We can't beat them in a phone booth it has to be in open field matching scores...and no not field goals.

As you mentioned LSU toyed with State and I've tracked quite a few of their games this year. 
Opponents can move the ball on their defense but any team thinking they are holding their own against LSU by putting up threes are only fooling themselves. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 08:21:46 PM »
I predict a nailbiter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 08:49:07 PM »
I predict a nailbiter.

Effing North Texas Utah State Tech distorts all of the stats and makes us look like chumps.

Yeah I'd say that's really close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 12:07:45 PM »
Effing North Texas Utah State Tech distorts all of the stats and makes us look like chumps.

Yeah I'd say that's really close.

correct. Other than Florida it’s a bad comparison at this point. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 12:25:13 PM »
To win this game it will take some big plays like a pick-6, punt or kickoff return for a TD, or a fumble return for TD.  Possibly more than 2.

I figure they will come out fast and score on the first 2 possessions...then disappear until garbage time, where they make it look closer than it really is.  Probably something like 38-24
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 12:26:44 PM »
To win this game it will take some big plays like a pick-6, punt or kickoff return for a TD, or a fumble return for TD.  Possibly more than 2.

I figure they will come out fast and score on the first 2 possessions...then disappear until garbage time, where they make it look closer than it really is.  Probably something like 38-24
Or an injury similar to trask or tuaarrr
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 12:27:59 PM »
Or an injury similar to trask or tuaarrr
Well, yeah
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 12:33:20 PM »
Well, yeah
It’s not Bama so maybe if we hurt him we won’t get a 15 yarder for standing up 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 01:22:02 PM »
To beat LSU...

We need the entire LSU team to get the Flu Friday night and a miracle?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2019, 01:27:41 PM »
To beat LSU...

We need the entire LSU team to get the Flu Friday night and a miracle?
Bofa?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2019, 05:05:02 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2019, 12:30:21 AM »
Heart. We're gonna need heart!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2019, 06:32:03 AM »
Can we just get the deaf tight end?  and the cheerleaders?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2019, 09:49:05 AM »
Pain heals, chicks dig scars...glory lasts forever!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 09:53:15 AM »
Image result for I need that ball The Replacements gif
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 12:36:46 PM »
Back to the OP

...we will need ONE more point than they score. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 12:40:42 PM »
Miles and miles of heart
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 02:37:18 PM »
Simple.
Find a way to run the ball, eat clock and keep Burrow off the field.
Everything else should take care of itself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2019, 02:39:20 PM »
Miles and miles of heart
CLEAR EYES!  FULL HEART!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions