Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Look at the size of that bus

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Look at the size of that bus
« on: December 06, 2018, 10:14:17 PM »
https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/12/an-inside-look-at-how-auburn-botched-asa-martins-redshirt.html

Holy cow.  This makes the AU coaching staff look like humbling fools.  

Nice drop by al.com with early signing on the horizon. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bgreene

Re: Look at the size of that bus
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 11:37:06 PM »
https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/12/an-inside-look-at-how-auburn-botched-asa-martins-redshirt.html

Holy cow.  This makes the AU coaching staff look like humbling fools. 

Nice drop by al.com with early signing on the horizon.
I really don’t think that article is what makes the AU coaching staff look like bumbling fools. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 12:45:50 AM »
I wish the offense would've utilized him a bit more this season. But at this point, with Malzahn, Bo Jackson would be under utilized in favor of a 5' 150lb RB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 12:56:52 AM »
I understand her frustrations. But these things need to be kept inside. A blabbermouth mama looking out for her payday is not in her son's best interest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 03:40:02 AM »
Complete waste. Bunch of dumbasses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 08:21:29 AM »
I really don’t think that article is what makes the AU coaching staff look like bumbling fools.
No, their actions do that.  

This purposely-timed hit job just calls attention to it.  

If they were really this stupid and dismissive?  We'd be better starting over.  I do believe we're wasting an enormous amount of talent because the coaching staff is amateurish at best. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 09:18:12 AM »
And we’re mad at the PTB for trying something....ANYTHING....to get this idiot out? Who can blame them for playing this handcuff game. This guy is beyond lost. He, his offensive staff and Leath - the fucking bozo who thinks the idiot from Arkansas was worth 50 million - should all be run out Lee County on a rail. Now. 

I understand many think the power brokers are the ones making us look bad right now but they know what we know and then some. It’s this kind of shit in re to Asa. Thus the ploys. Desperate times and all...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 09:51:31 AM »
And we’re mad at the PTB for trying something....ANYTHING....to get this idiot out? Who can blame them for playing this handcuff game. This guy is beyond lost. He, his offensive staff and Leath - the fucking bozo who thinks the idiot from Arkansas was worth 50 million - should all be run out Lee County on a rail. Now.

I understand many think the power brokers are the ones making us look bad right now but they know what we know and then some. It’s this kind of shit in re to Asa. Thus the ploys. Desperate times and all...
See, this is where I disagree.  Did they not see this last year?  Or the year before?  Or...

Malzahn is a clown.  I've been saying it for years.  But as I've also said over and over.  Don't blame him anymore.  They didn't have a sample size of what this guy is all about.  They've had a dump truck load of it plopped in their collective laps for at least 3 years running.  They're the ones that chose to lock that dumbass down for 7 years and give him the keys to Fort Knox.  Whether it was Leath or Ranes or whoever the fickity fuck it was, they screwed up.....AGAIN!  I don't think Leath went rogue and made that call on his own.  He had to have backing, and lots of it to make a $50 million deal. 

It's 100% on those bozos mentioned above and nothing short of putting them on the rail you also mentioned and giving them a shove will do.  And if they stay,(They will, this is Auburn football) the only option is eating that shit sandwich and firing his ass now.  Attempting to squeeze him out is doing nothing but hurting this program more on a daily basis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bgreene

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 09:58:43 AM »
See, this is where I disagree.  Did they not see this last year?  Or the year before?  Or...

Malzahn is a clown.  I've been saying it for years.  But as I've also said over and over.  Don't blame him anymore.  They didn't have a sample size of what this guy is all about.  They've had a dump truck load of it plopped in their collective laps for at least 3 years running.  They're the ones that chose to lock that dumbass down for 7 years and give him the keys to Fort Knox.  Whether it was Leath or Ranes or whoever the fickity fuck it was, they screwed up.....AGAIN!  I don't think Leath went rogue and made that call on his own.  He had to have backing, and lots of it to make a $50 million deal. 

It's 100% on those bozos mentioned above and nothing short of putting them on the rail you also mentioned and giving them a shove will do.  And if they stay,(They will, this is Auburn football) the only option is eating that shit sandwich and firing his ass now.  Attempting to squeeze him out is doing nothing but hurting this program more on a daily basis.
This game the PTB are playing with Gus isn't working.  Sure they are handcuffing him and trying to make him leave on his own.  But what about next year??  Do you not want your program to succeed every year?  At this rate, Kodi Burns will be the next OC because he is on staff already.  The PTB are setting us up for an absolute terrible year in 2019.  I'm with you, just go ahead and cut the cord and pray to God that there is a coach out there that is worth a shit that would want to come to the plains.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 10:08:58 AM »
This game the PTB are playing with Gus isn't working.  Sure they are handcuffing him and trying to make him leave on his own.  But what about next year??  Do you not want your program to succeed every year?  At this rate, Kodi Burns will be the next OC because he is on staff already.  The PTB are setting us up for an absolute terrible year in 2019.  I'm with you, just go ahead and cut the cord and pray to God that there is a coach out there that is worth a shit that would want to come to the plains.
I feel ya' dog.  But Gus ain't leavin' on his own.  For any reason.  Would you?  $49 mil if he stays.  $32 mil if they can him.  He's not giving up either one.  If he did, we'd find him dead with Jimmy Sexton's pocket knife wedged in his larynx.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 10:09:41 AM »
The clever games all but assure that hiring clowns is the way this will go.  What coach would want to step into a situation where he has eight different bosses, Bob? And omen where none of those bosses dealt honestly and fairly with him? 

Leath is a stupid thing puppet. To be fair I deal with a lot of college administrators in my work.  There are rare and beautiful exceptions but most are chowderheads.  The fumbling incompetence you see on display now predates Leath.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 10:13:51 AM »
To be fair I deal with a lot of college administrators in my work.  There are rare and beautiful exceptions but most are chowderheads.
What? Academia is NOT the real world?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 10:19:10 AM »
The clever games all but assure that hiring clowns is the way this will go.  What coach would want to step into a situation where he has eight different bosses, Bob? And omen where none of those bosses dealt honestly and fairly with him?
I'm just spitballing here, but any coach that wants to make a shit ton of money?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 10:25:34 AM »
I'm just spitballing here, but any coach that wants to make a shit ton of money?
^^This right here^^  :rolleyes:  Look up.  Just above my post.  No...^^^^up there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2018, 10:28:06 AM »

Ummm aren’t we all sitting here bitching about giving the idiot what he wants? So we will complain when we don’t. awbrening hard ain’t we?

and who says the game is over? He hasn’t hired an oc yet....either gus will negotiate and exit or he will hire kodi and we will go 5-7 next year and he will be fired way before that final record - as jarhead said when we are 2-4/3-3. 

This was 100% on Leath guys. I’ll repeat this: Leath and Leath alone negotiated this stupid fucking extension. He did it with rubber stamp money. What the Ptb agreed to - any stipulations and promises - was NOT what Leath ultimately negotiated. So yeah they feel a little jaded. We all do. These guys did not become worth 700-800 million bucks doing stupid shit most of the time. 

This is just one of many of Leath’s blunders. Athletics and academics. Some at auburn and some at Iowa state.  Let’s not forget how he left pearl on an island during the Person crap. If he had gotten his way, we would not have Bruce pearl on the sideline and at the same time making Malzahn very rich. Total fuck up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 10:33:11 AM »
The clever games all but assure that hiring clowns is the way this will go.  What coach would want to step into a situation where he has eight different bosses, Bob? And omen where none of those bosses dealt honestly and fairly with him?

Leath is a stupid thing puppet. To be fair I deal with a lot of college administrators in my work.  There are rare and beautiful exceptions but most are chowderheads.  The fumbling incompetence you see on display now predates Leath. 
 I will counter you that leaths fuck ups predate auburn and also exist outside of the football program. Ask any professor or administrator around him. Guy is shady as fuck and an absolute moron. 

You guys have fun with your PTB witch hunting if it makes you feel better but this mfer is a cancer. In many ways. In this instance he is the issue. He fucked this up exactly one year ago. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 10:35:57 AM »
I feel ya' dog.  But Gus ain't leavin' on his own.  For any reason.  Would you?  $49 mil if he stays.  $32 mil if they can him.  He's not giving up either one.  If he did, we'd find him dead with Jimmy Sexton's pocket knife wedged in his larynx.

Then why did he renegotiate those amounts down about 12 days ago? None of this makes any sense. 

I miss jay gogue. And after a while the other jay start to be missed. It’s that bad. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 10:42:50 AM »
Wikipedia is fun.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 10:50:41 AM »
From Chip Brownlee at teh Planesmanz.  Look, I agree on Leath, but the man did NOT do this on his own.  He couldn't if he wanted to.  And if those numbnuts on the BOT didn't want it to happen, it wouldn't have. But when have they ever done anything in Auburn's best interest? 

As the fifth-highest-paid coach in college football, it would seem as though Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn should be performing as though he deserved a salary so high.
He’s not.
Malzahn has proven himself an underperforming investment time after time, but Auburn has bound itself to him with an almost impenetrable contract.

That was a bad decision.
Even though Auburn was forced to negotiate the contract at a time when Malzahn was coming off the high of beating two straight No. 1-ranked teams, and Auburn had not yet put in place its new athletic director, that’s not an excuse for the foolery that is his contract.

Before last season’s home wins against Alabama and Georgia, it seemed as though Malzahn had done little to push the football program forward.
Auburn was struggling to find a consistent quarterback, and the Tigers’ offense looked lackluster, to say the least. This poor performance was surprising since Malzahn consistently pulls in top-tier recruiting classes. 

Last season, Malzahn pulled out those two wins, but he managed to lose to both Georgia and UCF in post-season games, which arguably counted for much more than those regular-season wins. 
When Arkansas began making moves to pull Malzahn their way, Malzahn was offered a $49-million contract­­ extension — he took the offer. 
We should have let him go.
Of course he took our offer, he wanted a sweet deal that would last him for almost an entire decade and so royally cushion his pockets either way that it doesn’t really even matter if he wins or loses.
What President Steven Leath and members of the Board of Trustees, who negotiated for this inordinately long and costly contract extension, could not see was that those two post-season games of the 2017 season would be a preview of the failings of the Auburn team this fall. 
What they could see, however, was Malzahn’s rollercoaster performance in the past and his continuing failure to develop four-and-five-star recruits into standout players on the field.
After those two wins against Auburn’s greatest rivals, last season looked hopeful — like Auburn had a football team that could make it to the playoffs. 
What is hard to grasp is how that season — in which the Tigers lost to LSU and Clemson in the fall — justified a more than $2-million annual raise for Malzahn and a 7-year contract extension that indebted Auburn to Malzahn in the form of a massive buyout if his lackluster, rollercoaster performances happened to continue as they have.
This folly of a contract was almost an attack on the good sensibilities of Auburn fans — an attack on our wallets.
What had Malzahn been doing so well that justified him receiving one of the best contracts in the nation?
There is always one loophole to get out of a contract with a coach, though — a form of firing known as a buyout, or quite literally buying out the 75 percent of Malzahn’s salary that his contract guarantees him.
Auburn shot itself in the foot in the form of a way-too-long 7-year extension for the exorbitant amount of $49 million. A contract that ensures he receives at least 75 percent of that salary means that a buyout, at this point in time, would cost over $32 million, at least. 
Even if the Tigers waited until 2021, Malzahn’s buyout would be $16 million because of the three years remaining on his contract. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 10:55:37 AM »
Then why did he renegotiate those amounts down about 12 days ago? None of this makes any sense.

I miss jay gogue. And after a while the other jay start to be missed. It’s that bad.
Because he's trying to keep his job.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter whose fault it is or who we are going to blame.  Right now all that matters is fixing the problem.  looks to me that PTB are trying to get out of this the cheapest way possible and don't care about sacrificing a year of football to do so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips