Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Offseason Heisman

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The Offseason Heisman
« on: February 01, 2018, 04:10:03 PM »
I've never seen or heard a fanbase so completely all-in for a player who had some hype and performed well off the bench in one game as the Bama fans are for Tualongoria Teletubbmundio.

They're already proclaiming him the best quarterback in the SEC, a Heisman lock, the greatest quarterback Saban's ever seen, and the hits go on and on. 

He did okay in the championship game.  But it was a unique situation.  Already so far behind there wasn't much to lose and he could just let it go.  He was also ridiculously fortunate.  The fourth down TD pass wasn't even headed to the guy who appeared out of nowhere.  Nine times out of ten that's an incompletion or an interception. Without that? He's just another scapegoat who lost the game.  Yeah, the last throw in OT was pretty but it was more a really stupid/tired reaction by the UGA defense than anything else.  They're acting like he's the only quarterback who ever looked off a DB. 

This time last year they were all pimping Jalen Hurts as the best thing anybody had ever seen.  Player of the Year, Heisman front-runner.  Now?  He should probably transfer or just be a tight end.

This is the worst fawning I think I've seen in all my life over a single player BEFORE he's done anything. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: The Offseason Heisman
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 04:12:16 PM »
With time to prepare for him, he won't take anyone by surprise. I hope they do have a QB problem!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 04:17:07 PM »
This is the worst fawning I think I've seen in all my life over a single player BEFORE he's done anything.

Pfft...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 04:17:57 PM »
I'm pulling for a Jeremy Johnson-type career for the kid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 04:36:45 PM »
They were talking Proactive Coker up for Heisman before he even set foot on the practice field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 04:45:58 PM »
They were talking Proactive Coker up for Heisman before he even set foot on the practice field.

This is that on steroids.  This dwarfs anything we did related to Jeremy Johnson. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 09:46:31 PM »
Could very well turn out that way or something close to Kenny Hill's instant star status to backup to transfer.
Roh Tua!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 10:37:04 AM »
Exhibit A.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TAFilmsinc/status/953297854331871233

A slow motion video of the final throw.  The ejaculatory comments following it are unintentionally hilarious. 

Things to note.  They make constant mention of him "looking off" the DB.  This video proves that not to be true.  He was, instead, locked on for far too long.  His look to the left is desperation when the intended receiver never came open.  You can tell that easily in the stunned surprise that there is somebody open and the awful form with which he throws the ball.  He's not set, it's a semi-sidearm (eyes closed) heave. 

You can also see both linemen with double handfuls of UGA jersey. 

He may turn out to be the best QB in the history of the SEC.  Not based on this, though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 11:44:50 AM »
If I am not mistaken, they ran the same play twice i a row. The guy was open the first time too. But the QB did not recognize it and got sacked. The second play, he knew exactly where to throw it. UGA's DB's sucked two plays i a row and got burned!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 02:36:46 PM »
Saw where Tupola Tutuola has better odds to win the Heisman than Stidham, Fromm, Kelly Bryant, Dobbins (OSU RB),  and everybody else but Stanford QB Bryce Love and Wisky RB Jonathan Taylor. 

Based on WHAT? 

Saw where Athlon rates Tupperware Tippecanoe as the best returning QB in the SEC. 

Again, based on WHAT?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 09:29:21 AM »
Some comments on that last throw...

"No other quarterback in any league could have made that throw, it was that perfect." 

"the only reason he could make that throw is that Tupa has an upper level NFL arm already"

"any other college quarterback would have put too much air under it, his low-trajectory dart was the only way it could have been completed."

"The receiver was only open for a split second.  No other quarterback could have recognized that and gotten the ball off in a heartbeat like that."

"No other quarterback could look the other way for that long and then see and make the decision to throw to the receiver on the other side..."

Insanity.  The fact that he DIDN'T look the other way and simply flung the ball up with his eyes closed belies all the sucking up.  The completion was coincidental at best. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 04:33:32 PM »
I've never seen or heard a fanbase so completely all-in for a player who had some hype and performed well off the bench in one game as the Bama fans are for Tualongoria Teletubbmundio. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 04:34:09 PM »

Damnit...I saw this after I read the original post...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 09:37:46 PM »

They're already proclaiming him the best quarterback in the SEC, a Heisman lock, the greatest quarterback Saban's ever seen, and the hits go on and on. 

He did okay in the championship game.  But it was a unique situation.  Already so far behind there wasn't much to lose and he could just let it go.  He was also ridiculously fortunate.  The fourth down TD pass wasn't even headed to the guy who appeared out of nowhere.  Nine times out of ten that's an incompletion or an interception. Without that? He's just another scapegoat who lost the game.  Yeah, the last throw in OT was pretty but it was more a really stupid/tired reaction by the UGA defense than anything else.  They're acting like he's the only quarterback who ever looked off a DB. 

This time last year they were all pimping Jalen Hurts as the best thing anybody had ever seen.  Player of the Year, Heisman front-runner.  Now?  He should probably transfer or just be a tight end.

It sells. That's why. The pundits don't believe it anymore than us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE