Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Spring Is In The Air

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Spring Is In The Air
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2017, 02:58:16 PM »
BIL and another guy I know, who's son played DE for the Planesmen, went to some practices and a scrimmage last week.  Both said they have no idea how he'll do if he wins the job, but Stidham is definitely poised and has a rifle arm. White with the 2's and Malik Willis running with the 3's.  Woody Barrett at the bottom of the chart.  At least on those days.   

Lindsey apparently loves to throw quick passes to the slot.  The ole, "Get it to him in space" theory.  I either read the same from one of you on here or in an article recently.  Will Hastings was running the slot and caught err'thang.

The defensive front is Snags level stacked.  (Yes, they used that term)  Up and comer may be Nick Coe.  Big, skrong and quick.  He looked slow as molasses to me last year but he was coming off an injury the practice I watched.  They were raving about the guy.  Also said the DB's looked like a totally different group.  Very physical and in your face, making a ton of plays. 

Only negative was that the D-line was owning that ass. Could be a good thing but they said the O-line was whipped pretty good.

Scrimmaged for about 125 plays.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2017, 03:11:44 PM »
It feels like 2016 all over again...remember the name.  Will fudgeing Hastings!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »

I have a feeling the phrase, "Well, he's no Will Hastings" will be said a lot the next couple of years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2017, 03:34:15 PM »

Travon Reed thinks this is Hastings' year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2017, 04:09:11 PM »
BIL and another guy I know, who's son played DE for the Planesmen, went to some practices and a scrimmage last week.  Both said they have no idea how he'll do if he wins the job, but Stidham is definitely poised and has a rifle arm. White with the 2's and Malik Willis running with the 3's.  Woody Barrett at the bottom of the chart.  At least on those days.   

Lindsey apparently loves to throw quick passes to the slot.  The ole, "Get it to him in space" theory.  I either read the same from one of you on here or in an article recently.  Will Hastings was running the slot and caught err'thang.

The defensive front is Snags level stacked.  (Yes, they used that term)  Up and comer may be Nick Coe.  Big, skrong and quick.  He looked slow as molasses to me last year but he was coming off an injury the practice I watched.  They were raving about the guy.  Also said the DB's looked like a totally different group.  Very physical and in your face, making a ton of plays. 

Only negative was that the D-line was owning that ass. Could be a good thing but they said the O-line was whipped pretty good.

Scrimmaged for about 125 plays.

I've been wanting us to do more quick slot dink and doink "in space" shit for years. Everyone else eats us up with it the last 2/3 years. Including the la techs on our schedule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2017, 05:02:01 PM »
I am glad that my life isn't so insignificant that I need to get on here and post about my BIL going to a practice. I keep my insider knowledge to myself.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2017, 05:14:14 PM »
I've been wanting us to do more quick slot dink and doink "in space" shit for years. Everyone else eats us up with it the last 2/3 years. Including the la techs on our schedule.

Yep.  We've had so many smaller, quicker guys that looked like they had the potential to do more gooderer things, but we never tried to consistently get them the ball in a position to do anything.  Stanton Truitt immediately comes to mind.  He ain't here no mo.  He'd be that guy at La. Tech that had 7 catches for 75 yards by halftime and we're all going, "Damn it, somebody step up and hit that guy."

I can see Eli Stove or Jason Smith kicking ass on those quick hitters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2017, 05:15:50 PM »
I am glad that my life isn't so insignificant that I need to get on here and post about my BIL going to a practice. I keep my insider knowledge to myself.

Well guess what, fucko...

It pretty much has come to that.  I live vicariously through the exploits of others.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2017, 05:37:23 PM »
I don't think we gave Lashley's 3 yard loss bubble screens enough chances.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2017, 10:25:33 PM »
I don't think we gave Lashley's 3 yard loss bubble screens enough chances.

He threw them to slow running backs too much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2017, 11:44:46 PM »
I should Roll in just in time for the game. Last time so was at aday? 2010!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2017, 08:26:41 PM »
Dammit. I can't cut and paste story from my phone that I wanted to about A day. Could some of you peons please post. Goodman boy wrote it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:29:50 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2017, 10:04:50 PM »
Armchair QB observations from the "We don't give a shit about your observations" book of observations.

You know how you sit down and watch teams around the country like Texas Tech and Baylor and Houston etc. and see their QB's look like QB machines, making all the throws and racking up 400 yards a game and 187 TD's on the season and think, "Why can't we have nice things like that?" +1 to AU1

We do now!

Nuff said.

#3 QB Malik Willis is pretty damn good, y'all.  Skrong, accurate arm and fast runner.  Should be picking out a tux for HS prom.  I'll probably eat these words but Barrett should transfer.  Soon!

The BIL said he watched them throw to Hastings over and over again in practice.  Apparently, dude is a weapon.  Craig-Myers?  Wow.  Offense could be really good.  Carry On looked like he fricked up an ankle.  Any word on TV about that?  He worries me.  Great player but stays injured like Sean White.

#1 Defense is huge, fast, salty and other cool adjectives.  DeShaun Davis is 5'11" 247 and nasty.  All the LB's are top shelf.  Guarantee they're as good a unit as this conference has.  One guy that impressed me was Paul Blard James XXIV.  271 pound stand up DE/LB that has a motor.  You can tell he's ADHD.  Too bad he stayed injured last year.  He gets after it and is pretty darn quick off the edge. 

Long snapping?  Adequate but a couple of shaky passes.  Gonna' need some soul searching and serious reps over the summer.  I'm watching.

Carlson handled both kicking and punting duties.  Did a decent job punting but I wonder if Ian Shannon was hurt.  You're a damn punter.  How do you get hurt?

You know I'm a heights and weights kinda' guy. We are again, noticeably bigger and stronger.  Dontavious Russell is up to 310.  Andrew Williams is now 285.  Braden Smith put on another 5 to check in at 305.  Monster.  All the LB's who came to AU in that 220 to 225 range like Tre, Deshaun, Darrell etc. are all 235 to 247.  Derrick Brown has dropped to 317. 

I don't read much into A-Day as far as how we'll do.  Suffice it to say all the pieces of the puzzle are there.  It's up to the staff to make it work now.  If they do, look out.  If they don't with this much talent?  Buh-Bye!

On an insider e-penis note....got to talk with Tommy Tuberville briefly before the came.  We were having a lot of laughs and rehashing some old times until security got there.  I thought the choke hold and mace were a little excessive.  But overall, a good time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2017, 10:35:52 PM »
I'm calling it now: Will Hastings for Heisman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2017, 12:04:57 AM »
I only had one concern. Stidham can pick you apart with time. Will we get time? If so, dude is even more accurate than SW.

He definitely knows when to let go of the ball. Drops it over and under.
Saw a check down to Hastings on a 5 yd crossing route that went for 30. Had to look around and make sure I was really at AU!

This team has the potential to be very good!

Oh. And the best seats in the house are now in the endzone opposite the huge seen from space jumbalaya Tron!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 12:07:26 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2017, 09:10:31 AM »
I thought the offense looked a lot better, but we have to remember that Gus likes to play 1's vs. 2's in the spring game. It's supposed to be a fun, optimistic look at the team and provide very little real information for anyone especially opponents.

Stidham is definitely the best passer I've seen at Auburn since Cam. If anything, I just like his ability to survey the field and make the throw without second guessing what he's doing. He's extremely confident and his accuracy will keep us in ball games.

The 2nd team defense though was abysmal, but I hear that a few walk-ons were filling in some spots. That's still not good as our 2-deep should always include scholarship players. Our aspirations are to join the Alabama's and Ohio State's of the world, and I'm sure their 2-deep includes multiple future stars/pro players at each position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2017, 09:15:11 AM »

Carlson handled both kicking and punting duties.  Did a decent job punting but I wonder if Ian Shannon was hurt.  You're a damn punter.  How do you get hurt?

Carlson also assumed punting duties on Saturday in place of Ian Shannon, who missed A-Day due to a death in the family this week, according to Gus Malzahn.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/04/who_stood_out_earned_mvp_honor.html#incart_big-photo

I thought the offense looked a lot better, but we have to remember that Gus likes to play 1's vs. 2's in the spring game.

1's v 1's this year.

Nope...you're correct.  I could have sworn that I read an "anti-caveat" in one write up saying that the first teams were pitted against each other.  Oh well, I'll leave the wrongness up there for public shaming.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 09:20:04 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2017, 10:50:15 AM »
The QB race reminds me of the time the Dillon Panthers had to choose between Matt Saracen and J.D. McCoy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2017, 11:00:26 AM »
And how did the JF3 to WR experiment look?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2017, 01:55:48 PM »
And how did the JF3 to WR experiment look?

He allowed us to keep the RL screen pass!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions