Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Masters

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The Masters
« on: April 09, 2017, 11:02:14 PM »
Where else does this go?  Sat down for 2 hours this afternoon watching Sergio Garcia and Justin Rose battle it out in a playoff for the Masters/First major Championship of the season. 

I love the Masters.  I've played enough golf in my lifetime to get what these guys are doing.  I've been to one day, a practice round, at the Masters and witnessed what they face.  What a tournament.  Nothing like it.

But more importantly, I grew up in a time when Sunday golf was not a family tradition, but at the very least, a Dad and son tradition.  I can't tell you how many Sundays at the Masters I've watched.  But, I will always make it a point to be in front of the tube to see it. 

Just the setting.  The grounds.  The traditions.  That tourney keeps golf relevant.  If you've never been...go!  Not a great place to watch golf by any means.  Other tournaments are much better for that.  But just to walk the course and see first hand, what you've seen on TV for years is well worth it.  Unreal!

For the golfers here, Sergio gets his first Major in 73 tries.  Awesome!  A guy you want to pull for.  My guy, Speith, had a horrible last day and finished well out of the top 10. Oh well!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: The Masters
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 12:21:12 AM »
Does this thread break the racism rule?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 10:49:35 AM »
Another great tournament. I've never been a Sergio fan but he deserved it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

chinook

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 11:33:04 AM »
Where else does this go?  Sat down for 2 hours this afternoon watching Sergio Garcia and Justin Rose battle it out in a playoff for the Masters/First major Championship of the season. 

I love the Masters.  I've played enough golf in my lifetime to get what these guys are doing.  I've been to one day, a practice round, at the Masters and witnessed what they face.  What a tournament.  Nothing like it.

But more importantly, I grew up in a time when Sunday golf was not a family tradition, but at the very least, a Dad and son tradition.  I can't tell you how many Sundays at the Masters I've watched.  But, I will always make it a point to be in front of the tube to see it. 

Just the setting.  The grounds.  The traditions.  That tourney keeps golf relevant.  If you've never been...go!  Not a great place to watch golf by any means.  Other tournaments are much better for that.  But just to walk the course and see first hand, what you've seen on TV for years is well worth it.  Unreal!

For the golfers here, Sergio gets his first Major in 73 tries.  Awesome!  A guy you want to pull for.  My guy, Speith, had a horrible last day and finished well out of the top 10. Oh well!

why? i was pulling for Rose hard and long.  let me set the record...Sergio was and always been a choker and overrated...well except, well no, he almost gave it away yesterday.   a dozen or more guys behind him deserved it over him.  we need some fresh faces to carry the sport and it isn't him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 11:49:36 AM »
why? i was pulling for Rose hard and long.  let me set the record...Sergio was and always been a choker and overrated...well except, well no, he almost gave it away yesterday.   a dozen or more guys behind him deserved it over him.  we need some fresh faces to carry the sport and it isn't him.
Agree Sergio has been a spoiled brat on the tour for years.

I honestly thought he was going to choke again.  He got lucky that Rose screwed up hole 17
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 01:09:12 PM »
why? i was pulling for Rose hard and long. let me set the record...Sergio was and always been a choker and overrated...well except, well no, he almost gave it away yesterday.   a dozen or more guys behind him deserved it over him.  we need some fresh faces to carry the sport and it isn't him.

I think it's great you're starting to own this.

Why did a dozen or more guys behind him deserve it over him?  Please to be explaining.  Because they all choked and couldn't get to 9 under?  My guy was Speith but the dude sent his ball into the drink.  He choked.  I'm not a Sergio fan by any means.  Just happy he got one after 73 starts.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 01:11:03 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 01:10:38 PM »

I honestly thought he was going to choke again.  He got lucky that Rose screwed up hole 17

And Rose didn't get lucky when Garcia missed a much shorter putt than he did....twice?  How does that work?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 01:24:19 PM »
The only thing more boring than televised golf: arguments over televised golf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

chinook

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 01:59:30 PM »
I think it's great you're starting to own this.

Why did a dozen or more guys behind him deserve it over him?  Please to be explaining.  Because they all choked and couldn't get to 9 under?  My guy was Speith but the dude sent his ball into the drink.  He choked.  I'm not a Sergio fan by any means.  Just happy he got one after 73 starts.

i cannot overlook Sergio played better than the rest of the field over the weekend. he had his chances over the years to win [choke] and win [choke] and win [choke].  i wanted some of the young faces to win...like i mentioned earlier, golf is at that point were we need fresh rivalries.  Sergio had his chance with Tiger. 

of the old ones out there...I would have wanted Fred Couples to win. 

btw...i was stroking it for a Speith win too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 02:24:37 PM »
i cannot overlook Sergio played better than the rest of the field over the weekend. he had his chances over the years to win [choke] and win [choke] and win [choke].  i wanted some of the young faces to win...like i mentioned earlier, golf is at that point were we need fresh rivalries.  Sergio had his chance with Tiger. 

of the old ones out there...I would have wanted Fred Couples to win. 

btw...i was stroking it for a Speith win too.

Agreed.  He's gagged and choked more times than I can count.  I think that's probably why, when it came down to those two being the last ones left standing, I wanted him to get the monkey off his back more than I wanted Rose to win his 3rd Major. 

I think if Speith and Ricky Fowler had stayed in contention til the last, the ratings would have been off the charts and would have been the best thing for golf in general.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 03:23:11 PM »
And Rose didn't get lucky when Garcia missed a much shorter putt than he did....twice?  How does that work?
correct
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 04:06:31 PM »

He speaks for all of us. The way the little shit acted several years ago in the playoff with paddy has stuck with me. We're talking about a guy that was nearly as hyped as tiger at one time. He's just now won a major at almost 40 and has done nothing but like act like a douche during the journey. No love for Sergio from me. At least tiger won until he decided he wanted to bang whores every night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 05:06:48 PM »
He speaks for all of us. The way the little shit acted several years ago in the playoff with paddy has stuck with me. We're talking about a guy that was nearly as hyped as tiger at one time. He's just now won a major at almost 40 and has done nothing but like act like a douche during the journey. No love for Sergio from me. At least tiger won until he decided he wanted to bang whores every night.

Wrong!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 05:23:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 09:58:35 PM »
Hore shit gutter trash

You need to do more research.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 10:05:35 PM »
At least tiger won until he decided he wanted to bang whores every night.

Well that finally explains why I didn't make the majors.  I decided that at 15.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 08:52:33 AM »
Well that finally explains why I didn't make the majors.  I decided that at 15.

The rise and collapse of tiger is one of the most epic things I've ever seen. It's bizzaro.

Ass - getting man in trouble since the garden of Eden. Someone should make that poster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 09:22:39 AM »
The rise and collapse of tiger is one of the most epic things I've ever seen. It's bizzaro.

Ass - getting man in trouble since the garden of Eden. Someone should make that poster.

I would make it that poster, but I'm working really hard for the good people of Alabama.  God led me to this place and I'm praying hard for you, every day, on my knees that He bestows his great blessings on your poster creation efforts. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 09:44:16 AM »

I would make it that poster, but I'm working really hard for the good people of Alabama.  God led me to this place and I'm praying hard for you, every day, on my knees that He bestows his great blessings on your poster creation efforts.

New Governor is an Auburn Grad, I'm hoping she will help destroy al.com FAKE NEWS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum