Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Nice Find

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Nice Find
« on: August 27, 2016, 08:24:46 PM »
Doing some looking around in an antique store where the wife has a booth and came across an area with a lot of old AU stuff.  Stadium cushions with vintage Aubie, year books etc.  Picked up a game day program from the 1972 Auburn/Georgia game.  Perfect condition. Wow!  I was just a kid but I was at that game. 

The stadium was Cliff Hare and held 63,500. Gary Sanders and Gusty Yearout were calling the game.  David Housel wrote a couple of pieces, including one on the creator of Aubie, Phil Neel.  The biggest guy on the roster, coached by Ralph Shug Jordan, weighed 246 lbs.  The running backs were Terry Henley and Harry Unger. There were a couple of little known guys on defense named Bill Newton and David Langner. 

Our overall record against Georgie at that time was 34-35-6.  Against Bama...16-19-1.  Any Auburn fan that wouldn't eat this thing up doesn't have a pulse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Nice Find
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 09:24:03 PM »

Our overall record against Georgie at that time was 34-35-6.  Against Bama...16-19-1.  Any Auburn fan that wouldn't eat this thing up doesn't have a pulse.

I don't think it would taste very good besides that would ruin it, I would rather just display it personally.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:36:37 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum