Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Q Out. Ronnie B In

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Q Out. Ronnie B In
« on: August 12, 2016, 01:59:53 PM »
From the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth..  Wow!  Q has been a part of this team for so long now.  Gonna' miss his take.

Auburn fans will hear a new voice on their football game broadcasts this fall.

Former running back and fan favorite Ronnie Brown will be joining the Auburn Sports Network as the new sideline reporter, replacing Quentin Riggins after 25 seasons.

"Quentin has been a beloved member of the Auburn Sports Network team for such a long time and his work has been appreciated by the entire Auburn Family," Auburn Sports Properties Vice President and General Manager Chris Davis said in a university release. "While it is difficult to replace someone like him, Ronnie Brown is a natural successor and his expertise will be a great asset to the broadcasts."

Riggins played linebacker at Auburn from 1986-1989 and was named a second-team All-American as a junior and senior. He helped lead the Tigers to three conference championships in 1987, 1988 and 1989.

Outside of his broadcasting duties, Riggins also worked in Alabama government for former House Speaker Seth Hammett and former Gov. Bob Riley. He took a job with Alabama Power in 2014 and was promoted to Senior Vice President in charge of Governmental and Corporate affairs in March.

"It's been a great run," Riggins said. "I have been blessed to work with the best broadcast team for the past 25 seasons. I am very excited about Ronnie joining the team. He is an outstanding choice, and our audience will be blown away by his knowledge of the game. I want to thank my Auburn Family for allowing me to come into your home, car or headset, and share my passion for our team with you. We have won a lot of games together, and we will win again together!"

Brown, who earned a communications degree at Auburn, ran for 2,707 yards and 29 touchdowns as a Tiger from 2000 to 2004 and was a second-team All-SEC selection in 2002 and 2004. After his time on the Plains he embarked on an NFL career that spanned 10 seasons with the Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles, San Diego Chargers and Houston Texans.

"I am always excited to come back to the Plains, but I'm elated to be the new sideline reporter following in Quentin's footsteps," Brown said. "It's a great opportunity that I'm looking forward to, and I'm approaching it in the same manner as I did when I was an athlete."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Q Out. Ronnie B In
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 02:02:23 PM »
Def gonna miss Q. He's one of the good ones.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 02:07:47 PM »
Talk about your classic good news/bad news...I love me some Q, but I think RB will be very good on the sidelines too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 02:10:09 PM »
Def gonna miss Q. He's one of the good ones.

He never sugar coated it.  If we got that ass whipped, he pointed to exactly why that ass got whipped.  That was one reason I liked listening to Snake Stabler while he was on.  I didn't mind tuning in back in those days because they weren't very good.  He was almost Spurrier-esque in his critique.  "Well, we got beat because they destroyed us across the line on both sides of the ball.  Those guys aren't very good right now and someone's gonna' have to man up."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 02:42:52 PM »
Talk about your classic good news/bad news...I love me some Q, but I think RB will be very good on the sidelines too.

I think Onterio McCalebb would make a great sideline reporter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 02:48:18 PM »

Well except that he would have to do the reports horizontally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 04:15:51 PM »
You guys screw up every thread!

Has it really been 25 years?
That is longer than some of these hitlary xers have been alive!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 04:44:25 PM »

More free shit for the older folks?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bgreene

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 04:45:13 PM »

25 years
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 05:05:44 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 05:18:27 PM »
Yep. I loved Q's work. Met him a few times in school and he's just a genuinely engaging personality.

I thought Charlie was a great sideline guy and did miss him but Q was spectacular too.

Ronnie will do well. He's a good choice. He has big shoes to fill though and I will def miss Q.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 05:37:30 PM »
My favorite Quentin Riggins story. 

It was 1994.  I'd gone to the AU-LSU game and we were sucking.  I was sulking in the pressbox as we got our ass handed to us. 

Late in the third quarter I tired of the fantastic food there (this was before Jay Jacobs ruined everything and we had Kenny Rogers Roasters, Dove ice cream bars, fresh-baked cookies... damn).  I decided to go down to the sidelines with my camera so I could exit more quickly out the back gate. 

I'm standing down there and Ken Alvis picks off one pass and scores.  He scores at the end where I'm standing.  Then Fred Smith picked off another one and it's tied up. 

When Brian Robinson grabbed another interception, there's a camera angle that picks me up running down the sideline, camera in the air going stride for stride with him.  Of course I had several yards head start, but still.  About the time Robinson crossed the goal line something hit me in the back and nearly took me to the ground.  I thought it was security. You're not supposed to show partiality or cheer on the sidelines.  But no, it was Quentin.  He'd been running with Robinson too and had jumped on my back.  I carried him for two or three steps piggy back style toward the stands. He jumped off, there was some high fiving and then he raced back toward the player's area.  Seconds later I saw him on the microphone doing his job. 

Later he asked me if I was ok.  I was.  I like Q.  Will miss his commentary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 07:14:35 PM »

I wanted Nick Marshall to take the spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2016, 12:47:55 AM »
I wanted Nick Marshall to take the spot.
Nick would be perfect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2016, 12:49:53 AM »
Nick would be perfect.

Good god, an you even imagine.

It would be like talking to the coach in Waterboy.

When you think you hear, "Back to you", you still have no idea what was said.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 07:10:02 PM »
Good god, an you even imagine.

It would be like talking to the coach in Waterboy.

When you think you hear, "Back to you", you still have no idea what was said.

That would be like playing Jake Holland at LB, oh wait.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 02:28:19 AM »
I still miss Charlie Trotman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 04:30:53 AM »

And Jim.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2016, 04:17:08 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2016, 04:59:41 PM »
I miss the rains down in Africa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."