Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Baptists Burning in Waco (Baylor Scandal)

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Baptists Burning in Waco (Baylor Scandal)
« on: May 24, 2016, 01:08:59 PM »
http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/05/24/baylor-bears-board-regents-expected-remove-president-ken-starr
Report: Baylor board of regents fires president Ken Starr

The Baylor board of regents fired school president Ken Starr on Tuesday amid the sexual assault scandal involving the Bears football team, according to HornsDigest.com.

The regents believe that the blame for the school’s failure in handling rape and sexual assault reports falls on Starr, according to the report, and they might not bring punishment down on head coach Art Briles.

Starr has been Baylor president for the last six years. It is not clear if he will be moved to another position at the school or terminated completely.

Reagan Ramsower, Baylor’s senior vice president of operations and chief financial officer, is expected to succeed Starr in the interim.

Baylor is accused of failing to respond to reports of rape and/or sexual assault filed by at least six female students from 2009 to 2016. Two former football players, Tevin Elliott and Sam Ukwuachu, have been convicted of rape.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:13:19 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Baptists Burning in Waco (Baylor Scandal) UPDATED!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 12:19:15 PM »
ART BRILES IS OUT!

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/15745318/baylor-bears-dismiss-football-coach-art-briles

Baylor University has dismissed Art Briles as its football coach, sources told ESPN.

The school will formally make the announcement Thursday.

Players were notified of the news via a text message from Briles, a source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Baptists Burning in Waco (Baylor Scandal) UPDATED!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 12:25:45 PM »
ART BRILES IS OUT!

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/15745318/baylor-bears-dismiss-football-coach-art-briles

Now we can get us an offensive coordinator.  :haha:

Rumors out here is this about to get real bad and that the tee sips are behind most of it. (sounds familiar) 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Baptists Burning in Waco (Baylor Scandal)
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 12:30:38 PM »
I have a kwerstion.  When did coaches and college Presidents become responsible for policing criminal activities by athletes or students in general?  Or even kids getting the big Sandusky.  Now granted, I get why Paterno got the axe and I can even see Briles being shown the door if he did know about all this.  But, I heard a report of some woman filing suit against a University (Forgot which one) and saying that she had been sexually assaulted.  She claims she went to the Title 9 Compliance Officer and reported it and they did nothing.

Are you shitting me?  If you got sexually assaulted, you go to the police.  If the police don't want to do anything with it because your claim might be against Captain Crablegs, you go to the press and have them publically ask why.  The Title 9 Compliance Officer?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 12:34:19 PM »
I have a kwerstion.  When did coaches and college Presidents become responsible for policing criminal activities by athletes or students in general?  Or even kids getting the big Sandusky.  Now granted, I get why Paterno got the axe and I can even see Briles being shown the door if he did know about all this.  But, I heard a report of some woman filing suit against a University (Forgot which one) and saying that she had been sexually assaulted.  She claims she went to the Title 9 Compliance Officer and reported it and they did nothing.

Are you shitting me?  If you got sexually assaulted, you go to the police.  If the police don't want to do anything with it because your claim might be against Captain Crablegs, you go to the press :haha: and have them publically ask why.  The Title 9 Compliance Officer?

In most cases the local press won't do much for fear of being banned from the team activities.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 02:25:14 PM »

In most cases the local press won't do much for fear of being banned from the team activities.

You go bigger or just outside the local press.  Do you think anyone in Gainesville might have been interested in a copy of a rape allegation against the star QB made to Tallahassee P.D. that was never acted on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 04:04:12 PM »
You go bigger or just outside the local press.  Do you think anyone in Gainesville might have been interested in a copy of a rape allegation against the star QB made to Tallahassee P.D. that was never acted on?

Or anyone in Birmingham interested in hearing about an assistant coach giving out loans to his players like a Pez dispenser?  Wait, bad example.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.