Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

DB Tim Irvin will "pursue career elsewhere"

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
DB Tim Irvin will "pursue career elsewhere"
« on: May 25, 2016, 09:11:04 AM »
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/05/auburn_defensive_back_leaving.html#incart_river_index

Defensive back Tim Irvin is leaving Auburn's football team.

Irvin revealed the decision through his personal Twitter account Tuesday evening. AL.com has confirmed the news with an Auburn Athletics spokesperson.

"I want to thank Auburn University for the time I was here and I appreciate the coaches and the fans," Irvin wrote. "It was a great journey but it will be better for me to pursue my career elsewhere. #Wareagle"

Irvin, the nephew of former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin, played in nine games as a true freshman for Auburn last fall and recorded 18 tackles, eight of which were solo stops.

The 5-foot-9, 194-pound Miami native was a four-star prospect and U.S. Army All-American during his prep career at Westminster Christian.

Irvin committed to Texas over Florida, Miami and West Virginia on Jan. 3, 2015. Just 15 days later, he took an official visit to Auburn and flipped his commitment to then-defensive coordinator Will Muschamp and the Tigers. He enrolled the following week.

"(Muschamp) reached out to me probably the second day (he was hired)," Irvin said at the time. "Coach (Gus) Malzahn was telling me he asked (Muschamp) 'Who do you want?' and he said 'I've got to get Tim Irvin.' When he told me that, I felt like I can be an impact in the defense."

Muschamp (in case you have been living under a rock) left Auburn in December to become the head coach at South Carolina. New Auburn defensive coordinator Kevin Steele worked Irvin at Nickel this spring, but he was not projected to be a starter come September.

Irvin becomes the 11th player with eligibility remaining to leave Auburn's football program since the conclusion of the 2015 season, joining Will Adams, Peyton Barber, Jordan Colbert, Shon Coleman, Jordan Diamond, Gray King, Chris Laye, JaViere Mitchell, Gimel President and Avery Young.

Adams, Colbert and President are also pursuing other opportunities at the college level while Barber, Coleman and Young left the Plains early for the 2016 NFL Draft.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: DB Tim Irvin will "pursue career elsewhere"
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 09:38:01 AM »
Wow. Another blue chipper that doesn't pan out on the plains. Surprise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 09:48:21 AM »
Wow. Another blue chipper that doesn't pan out on the plains. Surprise.

I know before I type this that it's going to sound very Bammerish.  And I certainly don't want to come off sounding like we roll 20 deep at any position.  We don't.  But he may have seen the writing on the wall that spelled out less playing time.  I look at our starting DB's as Carlton Davis, Jamel Dean (Assuming he's what the corches say he is), Rudy Ford and Tray Matthews.  Josh Holsey may be back and you've got guys like Stephen Roberts, Jeremiah Dinson and Nick Ruffin that have really come on.  Plus, didn't we have another guy transfer in?

He may not have wanted to fight it out for a spot.  Just me guessing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 09:58:16 AM »
Gray King left?

Wasn't he our saving grace one game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.