Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This Be Where I'm At

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: This Be Where I'm At
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 02:05:27 PM »
We probably would have "saw" him do well exactly like Johnson did against Arkansas last year. He would be playing against a FCS school and looking to shine.

Then the QB controversy that shouldn't exist now, but does, would be 100x worse. Johnson's psyche, which at this point is salvageable, would have been completely shot. The fans would be clamoring for White 100x louder than they already are.

Would have been way, way worse to do that.
I don't necessarily disagree, but what happened to putting the best player out on the field?  IMO Barber is better than Roc right now, should Roc sit on the sidelines and sulk? or should he get his ass out their perform harder and get himself back the starting job.  When did the psychology of QB become pre-maddona that we can't sit his ass on the bench to learn he needs to do better.

I get these are 20 year old kids but the fact that JJ said he had a good game and that interceptions are normal, all the greats throw them.  Is fucking scary and preposterous to me.  It makes me wonder where his head is at.

What he should have said, is... look I haven't had my 2 best games yet, we struggled and I made some bad decisions, but I have the full confidence that going forward I will do my best not to make those same mistakes again.  There is a difference between believing in yourself and having confidence, and being a dumbass.

We all believe (or want to) that JJ is better than the way he has been playing, the glimpse he has shown.  However if he can't read a defense and continues to not recognize coverages, he isn't worth playing. Sean White (may or may not be able to)  but if JJ is throwing three picks again in the LSU game and mismanaging the option-read and we lose it doesn't really make a difference.... a loss is a loss. Pretty soon it won't matter because he will lose the team. I hope he does get his shit together.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2015, 02:27:26 PM »
I don't necessarily disagree, but what happened to putting the best player out on the field?  IMO Barber is better than Roc right now, should Roc sit on the sidelines and sulk? or should he get his ass out their perform harder and get himself back the starting job.  When did the psychology of QB become pre-maddona that we can't sit his ass on the bench to learn he needs to do better.

I get these are 20 year old kids but the fact that JJ said he had a good game and that interceptions are normal, all the greats throw them.  Is fucking scary and preposterous to me.  It makes me wonder where his head is at.

What he should have said, is... look I haven't had my 2 best games yet, we struggled and I made some bad decisions, but I have the full confidence that going forward I will do my best not to make those same mistakes again.  There is a difference between believing in yourself and having confidence, and being a dumbass.

We all believe (or want to) that JJ is better than the way he has been playing, the glimpse he has shown.  However if he can't read a defense and continues to not recognize coverages, he isn't worth playing. Sean White (may or may not be able to)  but if JJ is throwing three picks again in the LSU game and mismanaging the option-read and we lose it doesn't really make a difference.... a loss is a loss. Pretty soon it won't matter because he will lose the team. I hope he does get his shit together.
^^^What he said. And that goes for all you motherfuckers too. That's right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2015, 02:41:30 PM »

The only thing I would say in response is pit bulls are some bad mofos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2015, 02:49:48 PM »
I don't necessarily disagree, but what happened to putting the best player out on the field? 
If White was the best player, he'd have been out there from the start of the season. If you think that Johnson is completely inept and these two games are indicative of how he's going to perform all year, then yes, that should scare you. It should scare you if it means his backup is worse. It should scare you more if it means the coaches are incapable or recognizing that before they named a starter months in advance of the season.

The automatic assumption that the coaches didn't already thoroughly evaluate the talent they had enough to have any idea which of their QBs is more physically and mentally capable at the position is asinine. Fans always think the backup is the better athlete, and they're always wrong. What is possible is that, as speculated, Johnson looked like Peyton Manning in practice and in the little PT he's had so far, but then had a mental breakdown once it became "his" team. If that's the case, then it's possible the less talented kid (and he is, or he wouldn't be a backup) could put us in a better position to win games. But if that's the case, first of all, the season is shot anyway. Second, NONE of these first three games are the time to throw him to the wolves AND burn the bridge that is Johnson getting his shit together. IF that scenario is what we're facing, you don't do a damn thing until LSU blows our doors off this weekend, if that is to happen. At that point, you're giving up on this season and looking to future.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2015, 02:50:43 PM »
The only thing I would say in response is pit bulls are some bad mofos.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 02:54:32 PM »
I remember when Kodi Burns replaced Cox back in '07. That worked well for us against the fightin' Crooms.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2015, 02:54:36 PM »
Also, I think y'all's theory that putting a backup QB in to "light a fire under his ass", thankfully is not one that our coaches adhere to.

There's a reason they (or any other successful D1 coach) believes that. It isn't how it works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2015, 02:55:45 PM »
I remember when Kodi Burns replaced Cox back in '07. That worked well for us against the fightin' Crooms.
^^^Gets it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2015, 03:03:19 PM »
If White was the best player, he'd have been out there from the start of the season. If you think that Johnson is completely inept and these two games are indicative of how he's going to perform all year, then yes, that should scare you. It should scare you if it means his backup is worse. It should scare you more if it means the coaches are incapable or recognizing that before they named a starter months in advance of the season.

Or is it also entirely plausible the fact that JJ and Sean were neck and neck in practice, and JJ got the nod over Sean because he has A. Game experience and B. Been in the system for essentially 3 years.  These same coaches also had Peyton Barber third string for the Louisville game.

I'm not saying Sean is better, what I am saying is that if Plan A has gone to shit maybe it's time to give Plan B a try.  Doesn't mean plan B is going to work, or maybe it will.

The definition of insanity, is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 03:06:36 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2015, 03:04:42 PM »
There's a reason they (or any other successful D1 coach) believes that. It isn't how it works.

Spurrier say kiss his ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2015, 03:05:52 PM »
Also, I think y'all's theory that putting a backup QB in to "light a fire under his ass", thankfully is not one that our coaches adhere to.

I don't know that I would call Spurrier, Petrino, Dye and several others that have done it unsuccessful.  Saban was ready to throw Coker to the wolves in our game, if Sims hadn't made that TD to Amari against us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2015, 03:07:25 PM »

Querstion for those with actual football knowledge.  Rules 82% or 67/78ths of you out. Is there not enough communication on the field to where a DB hears the call to get his head around?  It seems inexplicable to me why our DB's on the first 3-4 fades simply ran with the receiver and never once turned around while the ball was in the air.  They finally adjusted in the second half and made the plays. But the first few were even right in front of the Auburn bench.  Are they leaving it up to the DB to watch the receiver's eyes?  Is no one letting him know the ball is in the air?  And particularly on those patterns, it was in the air a good long time.  Seems logical there would be some signal, something hollered that tells him turn and look.

Everything happens so fast that you can't actually hear someone yell out "ball" and the DB turn around. Typically the DB reads the WR eyes. I used to make my eyes wide to get the DB to look before I broke off another route. It works on the basketball court too. Make your eyes wide and the defender will look for the ball and make a cut to the basket.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2015, 03:08:18 PM »
Everything happens so fast that you can't actually hear someone yell out "ball" and the DB turn around. Typically the DB reads the WR eyes. I used to make my eyes wide to get the DB to look before I broke off another route. It works on the basketball court too. Make your eyes wide and the defender will look for the ball and make a cut to the basket.
Big baller
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2015, 03:09:07 PM »

The automatic assumption that the coaches didn't already thoroughly evaluate the talent they had enough to have any idea which of their QBs is more physically and mentally capable at the position is asinine. Fans always think the backup is the better athlete, and they're always wrong. What is possible is that, as speculated, Johnson looked like Peyton Manning in practice and in the little PT he's had so far, but then had a mental breakdown once it became "his" team. If that's the case, then it's possible the less talented kid (and he is, or he wouldn't be a backup) could put us in a better position to win games. But if that's the case, first of all, the season is shot anyway. Second, NONE of these first three games are the time to throw him to the wolves AND burn the bridge that is Johnson getting his shit together. IF that scenario is what we're facing, you don't do a damn thing until LSU blows our doors off this weekend, if that is to happen. At that point, you're giving up on this season and looking to future.

It's like Wesley Sinor writes it, then you write it. (Insert cute little smiley emoticon here)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2015, 03:10:58 PM »
Big baller

Shot caller.

Thanks WE!!!  Never been there, done that so I have no clue. I guess if you even see the pros do it on occasion, it's a damn hard art to master.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2015, 03:14:21 PM »
Or is it also entirely plausible the fact that JJ and Sean were neck and neck in practice, and JJ got the nod over Sean because he has A. Game experience and B. Been in the system for essentially 3 years.  These same coaches also had Peyton Barber third string for the Louisville game.

I'm not saying Sean is better, what I am saying is that if Plan A has gone to shit maybe it's time to give Plan B a try.  Doesn't mean plan B is going to work, or maybe it will.

The definition of insanity, is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

After his first throw into triple coverage which is picked off, sit him for one series, do something to get his attention. If not look for more of the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2015, 03:20:03 PM »
Is it crazy that I'm far more concerned about Lawson playing than I am JJ screwing up?  Not saying I don't think JJ will screw the pooch.  He most likely will at some point.  But the fact that JSU ran 89 plays on us last week pissed me off far worse than Johnson's brain farts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 03:28:46 PM »
I don't know that I would call Spurrier, Petrino, Dye and several others that have done it unsuccessful.  Saban was ready to throw Coker to the wolves in our game, if Sims hadn't made that TD to Amari against us.
Don't remember Dye doing it, but I also didn't have pubes while he was a coach, so I'll defer. Spurrier is notorious for it, yes. I'm not sure I'd say it has been a particularly successful method for as long as he's been coaching millenials, at least. It hasn't worked out great for Petrino either.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2015, 03:30:37 PM »
Shot caller.

Thanks WE!!!  Never been there, done that so I have no clue. I guess if you even see the pros do it on occasion, it's a damn hard art to master.

Well first off, you gotta be somewhat fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2015, 03:34:55 PM »
Well first off, you gotta be somewhat fast.

Oh, no doubt.  Defensive backs have got to be.....wait....that's not what you were talking about, was it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions