Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This Be Where I'm At

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
This Be Where I'm At
« on: September 18, 2015, 10:45:12 AM »
After all the discussion and expert analysis of JJ's performance to date, this piece by Wesley Sinor is exactly where I'm at with the Johnson.  dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. of #uknow

Every week I dip into my e-mails and the comments on AL.com for fan questions to submit to "Tiger Talk," Gus Malzahn's weekly radio appearance.

After Auburn's Jeremy Johnson threw three terrible interceptions against Louisville and two more against FCS foe Jacksonville State, interest surrounding backup quarterback Sean White has been on a steady rise.

"Will you be willing to try another QB? I understand that White has had a very good fall?"

"Sean White would get the offense out of third gear and into overdrive."

"We must replace Jeremy Johnson with Sean White to save the season. Why is it so difficult for you to see this?"

The backup quarterback is always the most popular guy on campus when the starter is playing poorly, but folks, I'm here to tell you playing White at this point in the season is a bad idea.

To put it bluntly, Johnson gives Auburn its best chance to succeed offensively this season. If that weren't the case, Malzahn would not have named him the starting quarterback immediately after the A-Day spring game.

The 6-foot-5, 240-pounder from Montgomery has obviously struggled with his decision making thus far, but I can assure you talent is not the issue. You may not believe it if you've only seen him play this season, but Johnson is more athletic, has a stronger arm and can spin the football tightly and accurately.

It's probably fair to chalk up some of Johnson's mistakes against Louisville to first-game jitters. He entered the season with 12/1 odds to win the Heisman Trophy (odds that have since dropped to 50/1) and was expected to lead the Tigers into contention for a College Football Playoff spot. That's certainly a lot of pressure to put on a 20-year-old, but there's simply no excuse for his interceptions against JSU.

At this point, Johnson's biggest hurdle is the mental aspect of his game. When asked about confidence, Johnson, his coaches and his teammates are all saying the right things. But I would be shocked if Johnson's poise hasn't taken a hit.

The Tigers are about to enter their biggest test of the season at LSU, where they have not won a game since 1999. What would happen if Malzahn pulled the plug on Johnson in favor of a redshirt freshman in front of all those rowdy fans in Death Valley, considered one of the toughest and loudest environments in all of college football? I'll tell you what would happen — they'd eat him up quicker than the gumbo at the pregame tailgate.

The fact is, White has never thrown a pass in his college career while Johnson has been groomed for two seasons to lead Malzahn's offense. If Johnson were to be benched, any remaining confidence he has would likely be thrown out the window.

This is not intended to be a knock on White. The 6-foot, 200-pounder from Hollywood, Fla., is a fine signal-caller who won Nike's Elite 11 competition in Oregon in 2013. His accuracy has been praised by coaches since he's been on campus and he may very well be Auburn's quarterback of the future.

But he's simply not ready right now. His first game experience shouldn't be on the road in a hostile stadium, it should be during a blowout when there's little consequence for failure.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about everything you've read above. Johnson could stink it up again on Saturday and White could come in and save the day, but I just don't see it happening.

Auburn is 2-0. It's an ugly 2-0, but 2-0 nonetheless. Until the Tigers trail by two or more scores in a game, I'd stick with Johnson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: This Be Where I'm At
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 10:50:44 AM »
I don't disagree, until the first interception hits a db between the numbers or is thrown into multiple coverage. Then, screw it. Put in the white boy.

If we have trouble moving the ball, even if he doesn't throw a beautifully spun ball to the defender, I'm for putting a wildcat in. Hope it's Smith. Let's see what that can do.

We are 2-0 but really don't have much to lose at this point. Kind of a weird situation because we could've and debatably should've lost those 2 games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 11:04:22 AM »
You were talking about the Looserville game, which I watched too.  Did you see the first interception of Watson?  Tried that same fade that ate us up 3-4 times against JSU. The CB ran with him, turned his head in plenty of time and he adjusted to make the interception.  Thing of beauty.

Querstion for those with actual football knowledge.  Rules 82% or 67/78ths of you out. Is there not enough communication on the field to where a DB hears the call to get his head around?  It seems inexplicable to me why our DB's on the first 3-4 fades simply ran with the receiver and never once turned around while the ball was in the air.  They finally adjusted in the second half and made the plays. But the first few were even right in front of the Auburn bench.  Are they leaving it up to the DB to watch the receiver's eyes?  Is no one letting him know the ball is in the air?  And particularly on those patterns, it was in the air a good long time.  Seems logical there would be some signal, something hollered that tells him turn and look.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 11:05:28 AM »
Put in the white boy.

That's RACIST.

I want to see the White boy play also. But for different reasons!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 11:07:19 AM »
That's RACIST.

I want to see the White boy play also. But for different reasons!

He can't help himself.  It's his upbringing.  The mods have been debating over letting him stay or not for a while now.  They're worried about litigation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 11:15:12 AM »
He can't help himself.  It's his upbringing.  The mods have been debating over letting him stay or not for a while now.  They're worried about litigation.

You should call in outside collaboration. I hear there is a guy named Titan with a really large E-Presence. He could help you stand tall in your decision.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 11:25:08 AM »
You should call in outside collaboration. I hear there is a guy named Titan with a really large E-Presence. He could help you stand tall in your decision.

You're talking about the heavy hitters now.  We're well aware of the size of Titan's mighty e-penis.  But you must know he comes with a huge price.  Only in extreme emergencies would we consider making that call and it could only be approved after a unanimous vote by the high council.  No, no....too risky at this point.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 11:41:10 AM »
while Johnson has been groomed for two seasons to lead Malzahn's offense.

That's the part that really worries me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 11:47:57 AM »
I'm wanting to see Gus tweak our offense more to Urban Meyer's 2014 and current signal callers with more keepers, feeding Barber and working play action. I'm okay with the wildcat as long as it provides a boost and not just filler as has been the case. Want the offensive line shuffle to settle. Still riding the Bus only if we continue as it is this could get really uglier.
IMO this is THE road game that defines us so I'm really hoping the defense is flying around, especially the LBs. Really need the others to up their game with McKinzy's to take pressure off of secondary.
Counting on front to really be tested and how they respond here should give us a read on how we might fare against the run v. future opponents.
Still hopeful but the overall team play needs to improve dramatically to right this ship. Good QB play paramount.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 11:52:26 AM »
I'm not saying start Sean either, but IMO he should have sat Jeremy at the beginning of the Second Half against JSU and let Sean play 1 or 2 series just to see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 12:00:57 PM »
I'm not saying start Sean either, but IMO he should have sat Jeremy at the beginning of the Second Half against JSU and let Sean play 1 or 2 series just to see.
Absolutely!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 12:15:02 PM »
We probably would have "saw" him do well exactly like Johnson did against Arkansas last year. He would be playing against a FCS school and looking to shine.

Then the QB controversy that shouldn't exist now, but does, would be 100x worse. Johnson's psyche, which at this point is salvageable, would have been completely shot. The fans would be clamoring for White 100x louder than they already are.

Would have been way, way worse to do that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:26:10 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2015, 12:25:01 PM »
This be where I'm at.....

Screw all the negative bs, JJ is going to redeem himself with accuracy and an Auburn win in Baton Rouge tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2015, 12:28:31 PM »
You were talking about the Looserville game, which I watched too.  Did you see the first interception of Watson?  Tried that same fade that ate us up 3-4 times against JSU. The CB ran with him, turned his head in plenty of time and he adjusted to make the interception.  Thing of beauty.

Querstion for those with actual football knowledge.  Rules 82% or 67/78ths of you out. Is there not enough communication on the field to where a DB hears the call to get his head around?  It seems inexplicable to me why our DB's on the first 3-4 fades simply ran with the receiver and never once turned around while the ball was in the air.  They finally adjusted in the second half and made the plays. But the first few were even right in front of the Auburn bench.  Are they leaving it up to the DB to watch the receiver's eyes?  Is no one letting him know the ball is in the air?  And particularly on those patterns, it was in the air a good long time.  Seems logical there would be some signal, something hollered that tells him turn and look.
I don't know why you would post a football question and not just PM like you normally do. But, I will attempt to answer your question.

Go back an look at tape of pass coverage with us when Muschamp was here before. Do you not remember the very same technique? I remember the smartassery in an interview in which he replied to a question with something along the lines of, "I guess our db's need to turn around to see the ball" or something like that. Because there was so much outcry from the fans.

My understanding is that there is a school of thought that basically has the db reading the receiver's eyes, and making a play when he thinks the ball is close based on his expression. Heard this from a coach that they were teaching this. I don't know how prevalent it is but it seems like we may have the first part down but we just don't turn to make a play on the ball.

We don't faceguard because half the time there isn't even an arm raised.

This and the lack of containment are the two most frustrating things about the D for me. I've grown immune to the 7-10 yard keepers up the middle, I guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2015, 12:29:28 PM »
This be where I'm at.....

Screw all the negative bs, JJ is going to redeem himself with accuracy and an Auburn win in Baton Rouge tomorrow.
Dude, you need to find a new message board to post all of this positive shit you are spewing. Either find something to bitch about or keep quiet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 12:34:47 PM »
We probably would have "saw" him do well exactly like Johnson did against Arkansas last year. He was playing against a FCS school and looking to shine.

Then the QB controversy that shouldn't exist now, but does, would be 100x worse. Johnson's psyche, which at this point is salvageable, would have been completely shot. The fans would be clamoring for white 100x louder than they already are.

Could be right. Only now the conversation should have taken place (but hasn't) to inform Jeremy that while we still have confidence in him, his performance needs to improve and if it doesn't he should expect to contribute in other ways and as a team player, accept it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 12:38:38 PM »
Dude, you need to find a new message board to post all of this positive shit you are spewing. Either find something to bitch about or keep quiet.

The weed is too good to be negative. You should stop by.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2015, 01:08:28 PM »
Ben Carson will rip you a new one Wiregrasser...

or at least he indicated as much.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:11:12 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 01:25:23 PM »
Ben Carson will rip you a new one Wiregrasser...

or at least he indicated as much.

Ben Carson loves teh gays
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 01:31:30 PM »
We probably would have "saw" him do well exactly like Johnson did against Arkansas last year. He would be playing against a FCS school and looking to shine.

Then the QB controversy that shouldn't exist now, but does, would be 100x worse. Johnson's psyche, which at this point is salvageable, would have been completely shot. The fans would be clamoring for White 100x louder than they already are.

Could be, but it also could have made him pull his big boy pants up and start playing up to his ability which he has yet to do. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'