Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts On The Mildcat

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Thoughts On The Mildcat
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 02:20:08 PM »
Normally just after the defense actually made a great stop and we had the ball inside our own 20.  That ALWAYS caught them off guard.
I know, right! That helped make it that much more unexpected. Cam had steered us 80 yards or so and then, we have a 2nd or 3rd and manageable, so they send in Kadrill!

You just can't plan to defend that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 02:22:46 PM »
Normally just after the defense actually made a great stop and we had the ball inside our own 20.  That ALWAYS caught them off guard.

There's no pleasing you people.  Everyone keeps talking about how predictable Malzahn's offense is.  What better way to keep them guessing than taking out the best QB in Auburn history and putting in the worst QB in Auburn history to run the Wildcat for a 6 yard loss inside your own 20?

What do you want? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 02:48:31 PM »
There's no pleasing you people.  Everyone keeps talking about how predictable Malzahn's offense is.  What better way to keep them guessing than taking out the best QB in Auburn history and putting in the worst QB in Auburn history to run the Wildcat for a 6 yard loss inside your own 20?

What do you want?

A 7 yard loss!

I mean if you're gonna do it, lets burn this bitch down and start over!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 03:54:47 PM »
Wasn't it Kadrill that used to come in some and run the wildcat for Cam?

Now that was some superb use of the wildcat there. That coaching decision would always really catch the opposition, fans, announcers, ball boys, band, etc. off guard. Genius!

But, they eventually stopped doing that, at least very much, I think toward the end of the season.

This is what I meant. 

Snaggle, did they really run the wildcat with Cam at the helm?  Wasn't that just our offense?  That is my point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 04:09:27 PM »
This is what I meant. 

Snaggle, did they really run the wildcat with Cam at the helm?  Wasn't that just our offense?  That is my point.

The only point you've got is on your head.

Made that one up just now.  I kill me.

But srsly, that's pretty much troof.  A good bit of what he did was just him creating from the WC formation. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2016, 04:55:09 PM »
All your predictions are going to wrong when JJ steps out as the starter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2016, 05:02:03 PM »
All your predictions are going to wrong when JJ steps out as the starter

This is the Mildcat thread.  Please take your lame and clearly erroneous prediction to the Prediction thread.  Besides, Jay Jacobs used up his eligibility as a lineman about 30 years ago,
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2016, 05:07:25 PM »
This is the Mildcat thread.  Please take your lame and clearly erroneous prediction to the Prediction thread.  Besides, Jay Jacobs used up his eligibility as a lineman about 30 years ago,

Did he suck at that to? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2016, 05:19:36 PM »

Did he suck at that to?

It was early 80's.  I think he was a walk on originally but wound up starting for the 83' team that should have won the MNC. Biggest screw job in the history of college foosballz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2016, 05:54:37 PM »
It was early 80's.  I think he was a walk on originally but wound up starting for the 83' team that should have won the MNC. Biggest screw job in the history of college foosballz.

No, getting stuck with this was:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2016, 07:36:21 PM »
No, getting stuck with this was:

I thought Jay Jacobs was our AD, not an old, ugly lesbian.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2016, 12:29:34 AM »
I thought Jay Jacobs was our AD, not an old, ugly lesbian.

Excuse me sir! There are no such thing anymore only gender selective people and those that fall in the same group as Wiregrass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2016, 07:54:02 AM »
Cam had that big step forward to draw attention but then he was a "dual threat" QB which Clemson QB Deshaun Watson considers a derogatory term.
Yup!

Bringing a non-QB (incl. WR's, ball boys, hot dog vendors, goat riding monkeys etc.) in the game at an opportune time is intended to tire defenses and create mismatches thereby sending the opposition in a panic. But as it has been said, where is the passing threat?

We ranked fifth among conference teams in the number of plays run by offense per game and we know this to be a matter of importance to Gushlee *TM.
PLUS:
Our starter would have to be an android, almost absent of ego to withstand such shoddy treatment of having to deal with one Wildcat substitution in the open field and another in the redzone.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2016, 08:28:10 AM »
Can't wait to see the goat riding monkey come in for those 2nd and 8 situations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2016, 10:08:01 AM »
Can't wait to see the goat riding monkey come in for those 2nd and 8 situations.

Can it be one of those wizard of oz flying monkeys?  Those things would scare the opposition and create an entirely new dynamic.  There is no rule that says running backs have to stay on the ground.  The monkey could just fly over the defense and score on every play.  I'd support that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2016, 10:20:33 AM »

Is there a new play that lets us get 2 yards on first down?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2016, 11:09:50 AM »

Is there a new play that lets us get 2 yards on first down?

If we don't run up the middle for no gain, I'm going to be confused.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2016, 12:31:52 PM »
If we don't run up the middle for no gain, I'm going to be confused.

Shit, you let our first series game plan out.    :bus: :no:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions