Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Freakishly Tall Mallett-Cat

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Freakishly Tall Mallett-Cat
« on: November 05, 2014, 05:49:54 PM »
Is now the starting QB for the Houston Texans...

Fabulous.  And they bash Kaperdinkle for HIS tats.   :sad:

Ryan Mallett's wait to be a starter is over.

After toiling in the shadow of Tom Brady for three seasons in New England and backing up Ryan Fitzpatrick for nine games this year, coach Bill O'Brien said Wednesday that the Houston Texans will bench Fitzpatrick and start Mallett at Cleveland on Nov. 16.

"I've been waiting four years for this," Mallett said. "Now it's my time to have an opportunity to show what I can do."

O'Brien made the announcement as the Texans prepare to take time off during their bye week. He lauded Fitzpatrick for his hard work, but said the team needed a change.

"I might be wrong," O'Brien said of the move, "but I think this might be the thing that helps our team."

The coach made it clear that this isn't a one-game experiment and that Mallett will be Houston's starter for the rest of the season.

"We're going to give Ryan a shot to play," O'Brien said. "We're going to make sure that he's given a good opportunity to lead this football team."

Fitzpatrick joined the team in the offseason after the Texans traded Matt Schaub and he started the first nine games. But he struggled to move the offense as the team fell to 4-5.

He wasn't happy with the move.

"I didn't like it," he said. "I don't really agree with it, but I respect the (heck) out of coach O'Brien."

The Texans traded for Mallett on Aug. 31, reuniting him with O'Brien, who was the offensive coordinator for the Patriots when he was a rookie in 2011. Mallett didn't see much action in New England, and didn't take a single snap in two of his three seasons there. He appeared in four games in 2012, but completed just one of four passes for 17 yards with an interception.

Poll: Do you think quarterback Ryan Mallett can turn the Texans season...

O'Brien insisted that he isn't concerned about Mallett's lack of experience and said he's been impressed with Mallett's development and maturity since joining the Texans.

"You've got to start somewhere," he said when questioned about his inexperience. "It's his turn to get a shot and let's see how he does."

Mallett was a third-round draft pick after throwing for 7,493 yards with 62 touchdowns and 19 interceptions in his career at Arkansas. He was an eager student in his time spent with Brady, soaking up everything he could from the nine-time Pro Bowler.

"I learned how to be a professional," Mallett said. "How to work with your teammates, how to communicate. It's not a one guy thing. It's all 11 guys on offense doing what we want to do to be successful. You can't have one guy not doing the right thing and 10 other guys doing it, because that can hurt the offense."

Despite his strong ties to Brady, the Texans are careful not to place too much pressure on Mallett by expecting him to be something he's not.

"We are not asking him to go out there and be Tom Brady," O'Brien said. "We are asking him to go out there and be Ryan Mallett and be the best Ryan Mallett he can be, which is trying to go out there and be the best quarterback he can be for our team."

Mallett thinks some people might underestimate him, but that's OK with him.

"My football IQ is a lot higher than a lot of people give me credit for," he said. "I like that. If you think I'm a dumb player, fine. My advantage there."

Though O'Brien hopes this move helps turn things around for the offense, he is also looking for everyone on the unit to improve after the break to help Mallett be successful. The first-year coach also noted that he and the rest of the coaching staff need to get better, too.

He doesn't expect a lot of changes with Mallett under center, but did note one of his deficiencies.

"I wouldn't call him a speed demon," O'Brien said with a laugh. "He's 6-foot-7, he's a pocket passer. So there's certainly some things that we're going to have to do that are a little bit different, but at the end of the day our system is what it is."

Receiver Andre Johnson said he feels comfortable with both quarterbacks, but otherwise didn't have much to say about the move. The team has talked often about needing a spark on an offense that is 28th in the league in yards passing a game. Could this be that spark?

"We'll see what happens," Johnson said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Freakishly Tall Mallett-Cat
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 08:41:48 AM »
As a longtime Titans fan (going back to the Houston Oilers days), I hope this experiment fails spectacularly.

Mallett is a punk.

J.J. Watt is a trash talking faux badass.

O'Brien is just another too-good-for-room coach like Belichick and Saban.

May the Texans forever be a dumpster fire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 09:07:11 AM »
I kind of agree with most of your points there Mr. Sixx, but JJ Watt is def not faux. He may be a flash in the pan the way he plays, but he's certainly a force and for real. Too bad he is all the Texans have.

Oh, and for TW.....(Im sure she will suffocate me with her girls for this one)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 09:10:16 AM »
I kind of agree with most of your points there Mr. Sixx, but JJ Watt is def not faux. He may be a flash in the pan the way he plays, but he's certainly a force and for real.

Bleeding from the nose after playing is not a sign of badassery in the modern foosballs. It's a sign that you need a better facemask.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 09:20:40 AM »
I kind of agree with most of your points there Mr. Sixx, but JJ Watt is def not faux. He may be a flash in the pan the way he plays, but he's certainly a force and for real. Too bad he is all the Texans have.

Oh, and for TW.....(Im sure she will suffocate me with her girls for this one)

Looks like Houston Astros fans, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 09:23:11 AM »
Looks like Houston Astros fans, too.

Too many of them to be Astros fans
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 09:28:57 AM »
Too many of them to be Astros fans

It doesn't matter, no one is listening anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 09:39:56 AM »
It doesn't matter, no one is listening anyway.
You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 10:24:24 AM »
Bleeding from the nose after playing is not a sign of badassery in the modern foosballs. It's a sign that you need a better facemask.

But leading the league in sacks the last couple of years is note worthy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 10:26:50 AM »
He sees for milez and milez
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 12:51:22 PM »
Apparently you have never watched the dude play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 12:54:58 PM »
Apparently you have never watched the dude play.

What GF said.  Fuck that, Cousin Eddie.  JJ is the real deal.  He was that way in college and he is still that way now.  He is a force that must be reckoned with by all opposing offenses and those that don't remember that pay for it.  He is also a class act off the field that is doing everything right.  He may be all we have but I'll take it.  The fact that he is fucking hot as hell doesn't hurt, but I love him for his football intensity as much as I do for his studly physique.  The bleeding from the nose is a re-occurring cut in a place where the skin is thin, that is not given time to heal before he smashes the fuck out of another QB.  I sat in the stands and watched the doc stitch JJ up again during a time out - and he was back out there the next play and nearly tore Russell Wilson's head off.  He is a STUD.

I have been a fan of my Texans since day one and that don't change.  It's a clean organization run by a good owner who built the nicest stadium in Texas, and even though I still don't think we have the right guy as coach, I still bleed Texans steel blue.  They got to the playoffs faster in our team history than the Saints ever did, and even when things are bad for the Saints, you don't see Jarhead wearing a ba... oh, wait...

I'm willing to hold off on commenting on FTMC and his tats until we see how he does this weekend.  He spent a lot of time learning under Bill Hoodie in NE, and that has to be worth something.

And take your Astros smack to the other forum.  This is for football, assholes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 01:50:18 PM »
Words

He can get sewed up on the sidelines all he wants. I still ain't got to like him. But good on you for having football reasons along with hot factor reasons for waving the flag. 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 01:52:16 PM by TheSix »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 02:06:00 PM »
He can get sewed up on the sidelines all he wants. I still ain't got to like him. But good on you for having football reasons along with hot factor reasons for waving the flag.
He has 3 TD's this year, there are some well known receivers that don't even have 3 TD's this year.  Not saying you have to like him, but the dude can play big time, and I don't give a fuck about the Texans.

On another note what are these tats, I don't see where dumbass Mallet has any tats?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 02:09:45 PM »
I don't see where dumbass Mallet has any tats?

'tis a shoop
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 02:13:44 PM »
'tis a shoop
Yeah I know that, I'm not sure Wench does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 02:24:23 PM »
Plus, JJ is one hell of a dancer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 02:26:10 PM »
Plus, JJ is one hell of a dancer

But can he break it down like The Gus?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 02:32:35 PM »
But can he break it down like The Gus?

Judge for yourself

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 02:42:16 PM »
On another note what are these tats, I don't see where dumbass Mallet has any tats?

What does it say about his historical dumbassedness that when you google him, some of the first few pics come up showing him with tats and I wasn't even surprised? Hell, I was unaware until yesterday that he was even still in the NFL. 

I stand fooled by teh googles, but he's still a dumbass.  I just hope his days of rambunctiousness and misdemeanoring is behind him.  Unlike y'all, I'm a forgive-and-forgettin' Christian.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions