Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn QB commit....

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Auburn QB commit....
« on: January 02, 2014, 08:25:34 AM »
Auburn QB commit Sean White steps into spotlight at Under Armour All-America Game

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/01/auburn_qb_commit_sean_white_st.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Auburn QB commit....
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 08:44:44 AM »
I have to think that Johnson and White are going to alter the narrative that Auburn is a team capable of only running the ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 08:59:22 AM »
I have to think that Johnson and White are going to alter the narrative that Auburn is a team capable of only running the ball.

I think you are correct.

I also fail to see why you would try to throw it when you lead the nation in shoving it up defenses asses.

Fuck those that think we can only run the ball.  They have only seen us run the ball because to this point we have had no need to throw it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 09:34:00 AM »
I think you are correct.

I also fail to see why you would try to throw it when you lead the nation in shoving it up defenses asses.

Fuck those that think we can only run the ball.  They have only seen us run the ball because to this point we have had no need to throw it.

Agree on all counts.  Just saying that our pass game could be better and that would, ultimately, make the entire offense better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 09:58:30 AM »
Agree on all counts.  Just saying that our pass game could be better and that would, ultimately, make the entire offense better.

I'm not putting our lack of a passing game on Marshall.  I've seen numerous balls dropped by our WR's that were right on the money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 11:44:42 AM »
I can see us putting it up 20 times or so v. FSU to keep their safeties from digging in. We aren't good on timed throws but NM is pretty good off the cuff and on the run when it counts. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 11:52:39 AM »
I can see us putting it up 20 times or so v. FSU to keep their safeties from digging in. We aren't good on timed throws but NM is pretty good off the cuff and on the run when it counts. 

We may but I hope that we only do it if we must. Dance with who brung us. I think that if we ran on Bama and Mo, we should be able to run on FSU.

NM hasn't looked like a great passer to me so far but like SSG pointed out, WR's have dropped or missed quite a few. He's not gonna be Arron Murray, Payton, etc. He's his own guy and the main thing is that Nick is one of the best athletes we've seen at the position in the SEC. Best since Cam. He will likely pass more next year.

It will not surprise me to see some designed plays for Johnson. Of course, I've been saying that for half of the season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 12:10:43 PM »
It will not surprise me to see some designed plays for Johnson. Of course, I've been saying that for half of the season.

Really feel like we wasted a year of eligibility on Johnson.   :facepalm:  We didn't need him to beat the fighting lobos of New Mexico or whoever the hell it was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 12:19:51 PM »
Really feel like we wasted a year of eligibility on Johnson.   :facepalm:  We didn't need him to beat the fighting lobos of New Mexico or whoever the hell it was.
Hopefully we did. I still understand why Gus wanted to get him game experience before we went into the home SEC stretch since we had a running starter. You never know.

I think Gus knew we had a chance of competing before we knew it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 01:04:11 PM »

I say you are talking revisionist history.  Easy to say now since Marshall has been healthy all year but you let him get beat around and knocked out in say the Arkansas game and people would have been howling about why Gus had not worked to get #2 some experience. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 04:25:36 PM »
I say you are talking revisionist history.  Easy to say now since Marshall has been healthy all year but you let him get beat around and knocked out in say the Arkansas game and people would have been howling about why Gus had not worked to get #2 some experience.
Marshall has been relatively healthy all year. He got nicked up a bit in the Ole Miss game, which is why Johnson started against the Catamounts. Some were wondering if Johnson would start against aTm the next week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 06:21:01 PM »
You guys are always looking for Johnson.  Maybe Gus didn't care about burning his redshirt 'cause he's heading to Cleveland?  Or maybe he figures he's got three years of him after high school before he can declare, and by then he will have a different stud on the roster - (Howard says, hey Queen!)

I've heard much about the quality of FSU's DB's - but how is their DL?  DB's can't cover forever if there's no rush.  With Uzomah back and the wheel routes to Prosch maybe not all of the throws will be to guys covered by DB.

I think this year, we just run to set up the run
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 07:20:14 PM »
So there was some frustration from not playing basketball. Then Marshall solidified himself as a team leader.And it's not as if JJ was going to hang around the entire 4 or five years anyway (more like 2 or 3) and  burning the redshirt furnished needed game reps in a tough league on runners and provided a sense of purpose for the talented youngster.
He will play more next season, and by his third year our offense will run less zone read and evolve into a  more balanced attack with more pass elements and play makers added. And hopefully our defense progresses to make that a smooth transition.
I love our offense present and future. It's adaptive and fluid as any I've seen and Johnson can star in it for maybe two seasons if he has the patience... same for White.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 07:51:21 PM »
Sean White Elite 11 MVP and now Under Armour MVP...he's not going to be underrated much longer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 10:39:50 PM »
Sean White Elite 11 MVP and now Under Armour MVP...he's not going to be underrated much longer.

Nope, and it's almost flipping season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 10:40:50 PM »
Nope, and it's almost flipping season.
Can he kick too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 10:16:56 AM »
Update*

White looked good...I mean really good.....HEY EVERYONE...You should come see how good White looked.'

Seriously though boy was 10/12 for 153 and 2 TDs.  Made some cross field throws.  Future looks bright.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 10:23:23 AM »
I'm wearing shades.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 11:12:58 AM »
Auburn quarterback commit Sean White stood out among many of the nation's best high school prospects on Thursday to earn MVP honors at the Under Armour All-America Game along with Minnesota commit Jeff Jones.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 12:16:01 PM »
Update*

White looked good...I mean really good.....HEY EVERYONE...You should come see how good White looked.'

Seriously though boy was 10/12 for 153 and 2 TDs.  Made some cross field throws.  Future looks bright.

Didn't rivals or someone rate him as the most accurate qb in this class?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE