Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jameis Winston NOT CHARGED

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Jameis Winston NOT CHARGED
« on: December 05, 2013, 01:55:02 PM »
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10082441/jameis-winston-not-charged-sexual-assault-investigation

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Nearly one year after Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston was accused of rape by a female FSU student, the state attorney has decided not to charge the Heisman Trophy favorite, a source who helped draft the statement to the media told Jeff Cameron, host of 97.9 ESPN Tallahassee.

Thursday's decision clears the way for him to finish the season with the No. 1 Seminoles.

Willie Meggs, the state attorney for the Second Judicial Circuit, is scheduled to formally announce the move during a news conference Thursday at the Leon County Courthouse. Winston had faced felony charges after being accused of sexually assaulting the woman at an off-campus apartment on Dec. 7, 2012.

Meggs and his office have been investigating the case for the past three weeks, and they interviewed the accuser about two weeks ago. Last month, ESPN.com reported that DNA found in the woman's underwear matched Winston's DNA. His attorney, Tim Jansen of Tallahassee, said Winston had consensual sex with the woman. But the woman's attorney, Patricia Carroll of Tampa, Fla., said the star quarterback raped her 19-year-old client, a former FSU student, who withdrew from classes after the allegations resurfaced in media reports last month.

Carroll and Jansen couldn't immediately be reached for comment. FSU coach Jimbo Fisher was expected to address the media after the Seminoles' practice on Thursday, but the school indicated that Winston likely will not speak.

If Winston, a redshirt freshman from Bessemer, Ala., had been charged with a felony crime by the state attorney's office, he would have been immediately suspended from the team and ineligible for competition under FSU athletics department policy. Now, Winston can finish the season with the Seminoles, who are heavy favorites to defeat No. 20 Duke in Saturday night's ACC championship game in Charlotte, N.C. With one more victory, the Seminoles (12-0, 8-0 ACC) would punch their tickets to the Jan. 6 VIZIO BCS National Championship at Rose Bowl Stadium.

The accuser initially reported the alleged rape to FSU police on the night of the incident. Since the incident took place away from campus, FSU police immediately referred the case to Tallahassee police. The woman's attorney has been critical of the way Tallahassee police handled the case from the beginning. In a statement released two weeks ago, Carroll wrote that a TPD police officer told her that Tallahassee is a "big football town, and the victim needs to think long and hard before proceeding against [Winston] because she will be raked over the coals and her life will be made miserable."

Last week, Tallahassee police issued a timeline of the case and defended their handling of the investigation. According to the timeline, TPD said the woman didn't identify Winston as her alleged attacker until Jan. 10, more than a month after the incident. Tallahassee police said evidence from the woman's rape kit was sent to the state crime lab on Jan. 15, and Winston declined to be interviewed by police on Jan. 23.

In February, Tallahassee police put the case in "open/inactive" status because the accuser decided she didn't wish to prosecute the case. But Carroll has vehemently denied that the woman ever wanted to drop the investigation.

Winston, who has passed for 3,490 yards with 38 touchdowns and five interceptions in his first season as a starter, might become the second consecutive freshman to win the Heisman Trophy. Last season, Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel became the first freshman to win college football's most coveted individual honor. Many Heisman Trophy voters were waiting to learn the results of the criminal investigation before casting their ballots. The deadline for ballots to be turned in is Monday.

Information from ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach was used in this report.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Jameis Winston NOT CHARGED
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 01:57:32 PM »
WOW, it has been a bad week for the turds. No Iron bowl, no Heisman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 02:02:02 PM »
I have no clue whatsoever...but my thoughts are:
1. Someone trying to profit from Winston because he is semi-famous.
or
2. This was a white chick that got "caught" sleeping with a black dude in the south and yelled rape.
or
3. Both

I don't know if the accuser is even white...I haven't really kept up with the case...but I would bet my next paycheck this is the case after hearing just a little about this...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 02:32:39 PM »
It was a scorned second piece that decided to cash in a year ago, then had second thoughts.  Curiously enough the story was brought out again in the midst of his Heisman/possible NC run.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 02:35:38 PM »
or
2. This was a white chick that got "caught" sleeping with a black dude in the south and yelled rape.
or
3. Both

I don't know if the accuser is even white...I haven't really kept up with the case...but I would bet my next paycheck this is the case after hearing just a little about this...
Not A black dude. TWO black dudes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 02:39:08 PM »
or
or
3. Both

I think it's a combo of 1 and 2 without the race part. This is more a case of a drunk whore who got screwed by more than one guy, because of said drunken state and saw that Jameis was gonna be worth money at a later date.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 02:41:44 PM »
Or maybe she was a hot chick that got super drunk to the point where she was nearly passed out and went to an apartment with a dude who put her on a bed and fucked her. 

Then when she woke up and realized there was sex involved and decided to report that it was rape. 

But since she was so drunk, she couldn't remember any details. So the police not wanting this story to harm Jameis Winston's career said that her story wasn't consistent and decided to drop the case.

We'll never know what really happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 02:42:41 PM »
Have we seen a picture of said drunk ho?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 02:44:27 PM »
Or maybe she was a hot chick that got super drunk to the point where she was nearly passed out and went to an apartment with a dude who put her on a bed and fucked her. 

Then when she woke up and realized there was sex involved and decided to report that it was rape. 

But since she was so drunk, she couldn't remember any details. So the police not wanting this story to harm Jameis Winston's career said that her story wasn't consistent and decided to drop the case.

We'll never know what really happened.
Honestly, as much as I thought it was bullshit timing, that's very plausible. I haven't questioned the alleged crime so much as I've questioned the timing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 02:45:26 PM »
Have we seen a picture of said drunk ho?

Google search. It's floating around out there. Hot blonde. Unless the google search is lying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 02:47:32 PM »
It was a scorned second piece that decided to cash in a year ago, then had second thoughts. Curiously enough the story was brought out again in the midst of his Heisman/possible NC run.

I have heard of this kind of thing before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 03:19:31 PM »
So many on Twitter cannot accept the justice system.

Comments about how he was "smiling too much" at the press conference was reminiscent of criticisms of Cam. Try being exonerated of a heinous crime that you didn't commit, and see if you smile or not.

Pictures of six guys that painted their chests standing outside the courtroom with J-A-M-E-I-S painted on their chests being tweeted along with tons of responses about being disgusted by the rape culture.

Can they seriously not even conceptualize the idea that this bitch made the whole thing up? That she's clearly after his money and notoriety, or else she probably would have mentioned it earlier than a YEAR later?

Nope. Accusations = Guilt in today's society. It really, really bothers me. There's zero sympathy for a guy whose life was nearly ruined, and because of this bullheaded mentality, kind of still is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 03:29:16 PM »

Comments about how he was "smiling too much" at the press conference was reminiscent of criticisms of Cam. Try being exonerated of a heinous crime that you didn't commit, and see if you smile or not.

Pictures of six guys that painted their chests standing outside the courtroom with J-A-M-E-I-S painted on their chests being tweeted along with tons of responses about being disgusted by the rape culture.

Can they seriously not even conceptualize the idea that this bitch made the whole thing up? That she's clearly after his money and notoriety, or else she probably would have mentioned it earlier than a YEAR later?

Nope. Accusations = Guilt in today's society. It really, really bothers me. There's zero sympathy for a guy whose life was nearly ruined, and because of this bullheaded mentality, kind of still is.
Who raped you this afternoon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 03:29:33 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 03:30:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 03:30:53 PM »

Not saying I believe or don't but....

He wasn't worth a dime nor was he the qb when the allegations were first brought a year ago. I don't think money was a motivator when charges were first brought. But could see that being the case as to why they were later brought back up.

I can say that when I've been drunk, I've had trouble remembering details and have misremembered things. Not saying this was the case but just that it's plausible. Her tox was taken next day and was still .04. Which sounds about right.

So did she have consensual sex with 2 guys that night?

All that said - the Prosecutor was a damn idiot for his joking demeanor during the press conference. Guilty of the crime or not, it's nothing to laugh about.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 03:32:46 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 03:33:31 PM »
Rape isn't funny...unless it's with a clown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 03:33:32 PM »
Hey Hey Ho Ho!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 03:34:52 PM »
So. Before the iron bowl, who stood to gain the most if charges were levied?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 03:35:57 PM »
So. Before the iron bowl, who stood to gain the most if charges were levied?

Move along.  Nothing to see here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions