Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Right on Cue

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Right on Cue
« on: December 03, 2013, 06:18:12 PM »
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10074350/auburn-tigers-gus-malzahn-talk-new-contract-season

Auburn: New deal in Malzahn's future

AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs will discuss a new contract -- which will probably come with a raise -- for coach Gus Malzahn after the season.

The third-ranked Tigers (11-1) will face No. 5 Missouri on Saturday in the Southeastern Conference championship game and still have a shot at playing for the national title. They were 3-9 last season.

Once the season is over, Gus Malzahn's boss says the coach will get a new contract that will keep him at Auburn "as long as he wants to be."

"All Gus is thinking about is Missouri," Jacobs said Tuesday. "When the season's over, he and I will sit down and talk about things and certainly we want Gus to be here at Auburn as long as he wants to be. It's been phenomenal what he's done this year, and we certainly want to make sure that he's adequately compensated for similar coaches in the Southeastern Conference.

"We'll begin to discuss those things once the season's over."

Jacobs had a brief conversation with Malzahn's agent, Jimmy Sexton, a couple of weeks ago.

Auburn gave Malzahn, who has led the biggest turnaround in college football, a five-year deal worth $2.3 million annually after his hiring in December 2012.

Alabama's Nick Saban currently makes $5.6 million a year and LSU pays Les Miles $4.3 million annually.

Jacobs didn't mention any specific coaches as comparisons for the kind of deal Auburn would offer Malzahn.

"You look at what they've accomplished," he said. "There's certain ones that are what you would call outliers, those that have won national championships and those who haven't. Right now I think he's in the lower quartile of the SEC coaches, and based on what he's doing, he doesn't need to be there.

"We'll compare all those and see what we think fits, and make sure he's the head coach here as long as he wants to be."

Jacobs said Malzahn "isn't interested in talking about those things right now" but when he is, the AD suggested the talks should go smoothly.

"The President (Jay Gogue) and the board, and everybody else," Jacobs said, "want to make sure we do right by Gus and also do right by Auburn."

Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Right on Cue
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 06:44:11 PM »
As mentioned, I sure as hell hope we don't give him a penny more than $4mil before incentives. I'm all for them piling on the incentive portion of his contract.

And for fuck's sake be reasonable with the buyouts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 06:56:48 PM »
As mentioned, I sure as hell hope we don't give him a penny more than $4mil before incentives. I'm all for them piling on the incentive portion of his contract.

And for fuck's sake be reasonable with the buyouts.

I like what arky did with Petrino. If anyone comes and gets him, they gotta break the bank to do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:18:54 PM »
I like what arky did with Petrino. If anyone comes and gets him, they gotta break the bank to do it.
or at least fuck up his motor bike
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 09:53:38 AM »
Fuck Sexton is his agent.  :facepalm:

No wonder the rumors to Texas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 10:06:31 AM »
Fuck Sexton is his agent.  :facepalm:

No wonder the rumors to Texas.

I'm with the eunuch on this one. 
I want him to stay but if he wants to go he can go.  We have deep enough pocket that we can get most anyone we want.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 10:40:21 AM »
I'm with the eunuch on this one. 
I want him to stay but if he wants to go he can go.  We have deep enough pocket that we can get most anyone we want.

I agree, just didn't realize Sexton was his agent
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum