Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What If The Moons And Stars And Satellites...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
What If The Moons And Stars And Satellites...
« on: December 02, 2013, 04:20:56 PM »
aligned Saturday.  I understand that the chances of this happening are about 67,099,549 to 1....or 2%.  What if Duke beat FSU.  Meatchicken State beat theOSU and Auburn takes care of business....

Auburn vs. Alabama for all the beer in Pasadena.

Look, 2 of the 3 are very possible.  The wildcard is Duke/FSU.  FSU obviously the overwhelming favorite, but what if...

Winston has felony charges levied against him...suspended.  Or he trips and breaks his dick in practice this week. FSU turns the ball over a bunch....whatever.  Duke is a team finding ways to win.  If those 3 games go our way...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: What If The Moons And Stars And Satellites...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 04:25:09 PM »
aligned Saturday.  I understand that the chances of this happening are about 67,099,549 to 1....or 2%.  What if Duke beat FSU.  Meatchicken State beat theOSU and Auburn takes care of business....

Auburn vs. Alabama for all the beer in Pasadena.

Look, 2 of the 3 are very possible.  The wildcard is Duke/FSU.  FSU obviously the overwhelming favorite, but what if...

Winston has felony charges levied against him...suspended.  Or he trips and breaks his dick in practice this week. FSU turns the ball over a bunch....whatever.  Duke is a team finding ways to win.  If those 3 games go our way...

No, fuck no, no fucking way. No way a team that didn't win its own division much less its conference gets to play for it all. (again)

Our best hope is that everybody wins next Sat that is suppose to and we jump OSU based on strength of schedule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 04:31:28 PM »
And no, I don't think it will ever happen.  But still, it's mathematically possible.  Ask Chad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »
I don't think I could handle it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 06:01:30 PM »
This would not be good. I do not want to face those guys again but I ain't skeerd of them in the least. It's just very hard to beat a good team twice and they are def a good team. This would be the worst possible scenario in my mind for us. A chance for a natty, yes. But to play them again would not seem fair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 07:08:53 PM »
I'd love for...
Duke to beat FSU
OSU to beat MSU
AU to beat Mizzo

I like Auburn's chances against OSU more than I do against FSU, provided Auburn beats Mizzo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 07:37:22 PM »
I'd love for...
Duke to beat FSU
OSU to beat MSU
AU to beat Mizzo

I like Auburn's chances against OSU more than I do against FSU, provided Auburn beats Mizzo.

Don't know till they play the game, but that would be a gigantic upset.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 09:44:23 PM »
Anyone saying it's not possible - IT'S NOT JUST POSSIBLE, IT'S INEVITABLE.

If Duke can beat Florida State and Michigan State beats Ohio State.  Hell, I don't have any confidence that if Ohio State loses and Missouri wins that Alabama won't slip in to play Florida State. 

Voters are fucking morons.  Especially the coaches.  Alabama right now is #4.  If Auburn loses, Alabama simply moves up. That's how they work.  That's how they've worked every week since I've followed college football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 10:10:57 PM »

Don't know till they play the game, but that would be a gigantic upset.

Depends on when and what happens with Winston.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 12:44:40 AM »
Being an auburn fan I think We win, OSU wins and Fsu wins we get screwed again like 2004.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 01:26:49 AM »
Being an auburn fan I think We win, OSU wins and Fsu wins we get screwed again like 2004.
Not necessarily screwed like in 2004, there were three unbeaten teams....2004 is still the worse screw job, IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 06:50:31 AM »
Not necessarily screwed like in 2004, there were three unbeaten teams....2004 is still the worse screw job, IMO.
Agree.We have a loss but I think the general public wants to see our team perform the way we get after it. Auburn overcomes its deficiencies with insane special teams play to go with a tough entertaining run game with just the right amount of throws. On the way in last night I heard a caller compare Nick Marshall's style of play to that of Tommie Frazier. And it's strange how our defense blows coverage yet we pressure the opposing QB enough to offset it somehow. I'm thinking Missouri promises another crazy finish. Why not?   

*I thought I heard someone say Chris Davis also had 10 tackles during the post game chaos but have not been able to confirm it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 08:54:49 AM »
It would be nice if Urban Meyer got the repeat '04 screwing - just like his undefeated '04 Utes were not credible due to their weak conference, it would be ironic if his undefeated '13 buck$ were left out due to the weakness of their conference.

That said, I have zero expectation of it happening
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:56:21 AM by DnATL »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions