Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Opinions? Reasons?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Opinions? Reasons?
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2013, 09:49:18 AM »
Kind of a change of perspective on this discussion.  While I agree the public should know about this and have input (Even though our input matters one big squadoosh), why is it that we know what the heck is going on with regard to tactics.  All media outlets report that 4 US warships have moved to the eastern Mediterranean.  Snuck right up on em' didja?  Now, Obama is trying to get approval to strike Syria.  But let's put that proposal out there for all to see.  Now, I don't think we should send ground troops in.  I say let's lob a few tomahawks at em'.  Yeah, but what do we hit?  Should we go after the chemical weapons themselves?  No, too much collateral damage.  Say, why don't we take out Assad instead?  Great idea.  Okay, there's a motion on the floor that we need to vote on.

Everyone in favor of launching 5 tomahawk missiles at Assad's palace from the USS Enterprise, starting at 4:30 p.m. Eastern time on Tuesday the 10th of September.....say aye.

AYE

Cool, motion passed.  They'll never know what hit em'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Opinions? Reasons?
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2013, 10:12:27 AM »
I'm not sure if it's my tinfoil hat heating up, but from I've read, it seems like the purpose of this attack is to simply remove Assad and put the rebels into leadership positions.  I'm not sure why that would be a positive for the USA or a positive for their region, but that seems to be our real goal.
That may be the real goal, but they have publicly said that regime change is not a goal of the strike. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:14:28 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler