Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Opinions? Reasons?

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Opinions? Reasons?
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 03:19:14 PM »
Our enemies are wiping out each other.  Let em' have at it.  Go at it for years and years for all I care.  Syria is no threat to us or anyone else as long as they're embroiled in a civil war.  And if this is left alone, it's not going to stop anytime soon.  This is the way it's been in the Middle East forever.

Too bad we can't herd them all in there, wall it off, toss in a few handheld nukes and some nerve gas cylinders and say "Hey, Mohammet - that camel jockey's third wife called your third wife an infidel fucker."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 03:20:59 PM »
Too bad we can't herd them all in there, wall it off, toss in a few handheld nukes and some nerve gas cylinders and say "Hey, Mohammet - that camel jockey's third wife called your third wife an infidel fucker."
Take me home tonight or lose me forever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 03:22:55 PM »
Take me home tonight or lose me forever.

Hey Goose, ya' big stud
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 03:24:31 PM »
Hey Goose, ya' big stud

Crashed and burned on the first one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 07:18:46 PM »
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:21:27 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 10:35:15 AM »
And Bush did congressional approval. Albeit, in hindsight they misrepresented the evidence used to support their case for war. But regardless, they got the approval they sought.

12 UN resolutions!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 12:31:27 PM »
Good info.

I just can't believe Kerry out of all people is beating the war drum. The entire country is war fatigued. Enough. The dems have ran on the anti war platform the last 13 years against Bush twice and then McCain and Romney. And here they are starting a useless war in a region that is hopeless. Everytime we try to intervene im that area we make it worse. Look at Egypt. Get the hell out of there, secure our entire border and let them implode over there.

You know, it's real easy for the Dems to sit and point fingers and call the (R) the war mongers - but heavy lies the head that wears the crown, bitches.  The lib base is a contradiction - the no war crowd versus the "OMG peeepul are DYING, think of the CHIIIILLLLDREN, go stop the attrocities, man!"

Obama just realized that it is a lot easier to stand back and criticize than it is to get involved.  Piss off your base no matter what you do, or risk looking like an incompetent pacifistic pussy in the eyes of the world. Ain't as cut and dried as it look, eh, motherfucker? 

Again, I find this whole thing ironic - as long as Assad stays within his own borders, fine by me.  The collateral damage is heartbreaking, but the murdering SOB can answer to God or Allah or the devil when the time comes - no US soldiers should set one foot in that cesspool. When he aims the first rocket towards Tel Aviv - Shock and Awe, asshole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 12:36:03 PM »
Gotta feeling we will lob a bunch of million dollar tomahawks into a tent city, like Bush didn't want to do. I don't want to do this or put soldiers on the ground. If we do anything, let the cia handle it and actually do some covert op's on someone other than our own people for a change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 05:58:21 PM »
When he aims the first rocket towards Tel Aviv - Shock and Awe, asshole.
I think that's what he is hoping for.  We might lob a few Tomahawks Syria's way, but you and I both know they're going to do something stupid for retaliation.  Everybody knows Israel would be their first target.  That would basically justify wiping Syria off of the face of the planet.  And we know if it involves Israel, then Iran will want to jump into the fray.  Which would give us justification to wipe them off of the map too.  Maybe I need to put the tinfoil hat down, but they know the chain reaction bombing Syria would start in that region, and they know it would give them an in to handle some business they would otherwise have no business handling. 

I think if we're going to do it, then it should have already been done.  Take a straw poll from other countries.  Either you're in or you're not, and let's go through the process on our end to make it happen.  At the rate things are going, they already know it's coming.  They're moving everything.  If you're going to advertise all over the place how you have destroyers already positioned, your finger is on the button for a week, then it will be a waste of time, money, and lives of innocents that will probably be hit.

I just listened to John Kerry's speech, and couldn't help but notice they had to throw in a swipe about Bush and Iraq in there.  Jesus, let it go....
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 06:33:21 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 03:15:45 PM »
Obama now says he will seek Congress approval before striking.  The only problem?  Congress doesn't reconvene until Sept 9th.  However, he claims that the strikes are not time sensitive, and would be effective even a month from now. 

All I can say is that I hope there is one hell of an intelligence element keeping up with all the movement and where they are hiding everything.  Because we all know Assad's people are doing everything they can to hide shit now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2013, 04:00:39 PM »
He literally went directly from the podium in which he said he is authorizing was, to the golf course.

More "now watch this drive" than "now watch this drive".

Also, it is being treated as if getting congressional approval, which is required by the constitution, makes him some sort of saint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 04:25:20 PM »
He literally went directly from the podium in which he said he is authorizing was, to the golf course.

More "now watch this drive" than "now watch this drive".

Also, it is being treated as if getting congressional approval, which is required by the constitution, makes him some sort of saint.
I'm not necessarily thrilled with the US getting involved period.  Typically, I like for us to keep our noses out of everybody's business.  But part of me says Assad deserves it for gassing thousands of people.  If left unchecked, he will do it again.  And again.  And will probably use it on those other than his own people in the future.

I guess my deal is, if you're going to do it, then fucking do it.  The problem is that he worried about what other countries thought before he considered what needed to be handled in his own backyard.  He came out of the gate basically saying we were going to fuck Syria up, and assumed that some of our allies would follow the rhetoric.  I think that he felt he could bypass Congress because he would be able to throw the support of all of the other countries in Congress' face if they raised hell.  Now he's between a rock and a hard place because he has assured the world that we're going to do something, and now we look like a bunch of pussies to the rest of the world because we're not.

He should have obtained the proper approval from Congress before he went out and beat his drum loud enough for the entire world to hear.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »
Apparently Republicans are doubling down with Obama and offering their approval.

Opportunity missed like Charlie Brown kicking a football.

This strike in Syria is highly unpopular with the American people. Yet, of all the stalemates, the Republicans choose THIS to agree with the president on.

:facepalm:

Once again wiping their ass with prospective new, i.e. young voters. Perfect opportunity to turn the narrative of the "war-monger" party onto the left. Especially now that the country is as war-fatigued as we have ever been in my lifetime. Opportunity crumbled up and thrown away. Yet again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 06:09:11 PM »
I swear to God we're living in an Orwellian future.  Republicans are war mongers.  No wait.  It's Democrats.  Wait... It's both.  Suck it proles. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 09:19:13 PM »
I swear to God we're living in an Orwellian future.  Republicans are war mongers.  No wait.  It's Democrats.  Wait... It's both.  Suck it proles.

The establishment of both has become the same. Both have sold out the American people. I'm not sure what else proves it if this doesn't.

Cannot. Believe. The GOP. Is siding with him on this. Fuck them both.

Except for Rand Paul of course:

Rand Paul: Assad 'Protected Christians' in Syria, Rebels 'Attacking Christians'

Posted: 09/01/2013 12:06 pm EDT  |  Updated: 09/03/2013 10:45 am EDT

WASHINGTON - Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Sunday portrayed the current conflict in Syria as one between the government of President Bashar Al Assad, who Paul said "has protected Christians for a number of decades," and "Islamic rebels," who Paul said "have been attacking Christians" and are aligned with Al Qaeda.

"I think the Islamic rebels winning is a bad idea for the Christians, and all of a sudden we'll have another Islamic state where Christians are persecuted," Paul said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Paul was likely referring to a string of incidents in Egypt in recent weeks, where supporters of the deposed government of former president Mohamed Morsi have burned Coptic Christian churches to protest what they see as Christian backing for the military overthrow of Morsi's government.

Earlier on Sunday, Secretary of State John Kerry said that tissue samples from Syria showed evidence that sarin gas was used to kill at least 1,400 civilians outside Damascus on August 21 -- an attack the White House says Assad's government carried out.

Paul, a first-term senator and vocal opponent of U.S. intervention overseas, including U.S. foreign aid, said the U.S. should pursue a negotiated settlement where "Assad is gone, but some of the same people [from Assad's regime] remain stable," because, he said, "that would also be good for the Christians."

Paul urged the U.S. to engage more fully with Russia and China, the two permanent members of the UN Security Council which support Assad. Both countries have thus far promised to veto any UN-led intervention in Syria. Paul acknowledged, however, that Assad is not a U.S. ally, either.

Paul also said that U.S. intervention would imperil U.S. allies in the region, including Jordan and Israel. Paul said he'd like to ask John Kerry, "'Do you think if it's more likely or less likely that we'll have less refugees in Jordan or if Israel will suffer an attack" if the U.S. decided to strike Syrian military targets.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 09:56:41 PM »
For what?  What do politicians have to gain from bombing Syria? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 10:00:16 PM »
Apparently Republicans are doubling down with Obama and offering their approval.

Opportunity missed like Charlie Brown kicking a football.

This strike in Syria is highly unpopular with the American people. Yet, of all the stalemates, the Republicans choose THIS to agree with the president on.

:facepalm:

Once again wiping their ass with prospective new, i.e. young voters. Perfect opportunity to turn the narrative of the "war-monger" party onto the left. Especially now that the country is as war-fatigued as we have ever been in my lifetime. Opportunity crumbled up and thrown away. Yet again.

Agree 1000000%. 

To top it off, John McCain was caught playing poker on his iPhone during the 3 hour Syria hearing today. 

Then he has the balls to tweet this:

Scandal! Caught playing iPhone game at 3+ hour Senate hearing - worst of all I lost!

Yeah, we're only talking about spending more money that we don't have to aid and abet terrorists that want to kill us while simultaneously putting our own troops in harms way and potentially being the catalyst that sparks WWIII all based on intelligence that many believe was contrived solely to get us into the exact war we're on the brink of.

But none of that matters, because River card!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 10:35:25 PM »
He even tweeted about it? 

That's like me going to my work and stealing other people's mail and sleeping at my desk and then having the audacity to write about it on the Internet.  I would probably get fired.  Oh wait.  A news reporter did do that and was fired! 

Fall of Rome. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013, 07:51:09 AM »
I still don't understand what this strike is supposed to accomplish.  We've already said we're not going to strike the chemical weapons, because that would cause a release and kill more people.  For that matter, Assad has already started moving military hardware into residential areas, schools, etc.  There is no positive outcome to this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2013, 09:16:12 AM »
I still don't understand what this strike is supposed to accomplish.  We've already said we're not going to strike the chemical weapons, because that would cause a release and kill more people.  For that matter, Assad has already started moving military hardware into residential areas, schools, etc.  There is no positive outcome to this.

I'm not sure if it's my tinfoil hat heating up, but from I've read, it seems like the purpose of this attack is to simply remove Assad and put the rebels into leadership positions.  I'm not sure why that would be a positive for the USA or a positive for their region, but that seems to be our real goal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions