Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

How Serious Do You Take It?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: How Serious Do You Take It?
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 12:14:30 PM »
We have Apprx 28,000 boots on the ground, they do a one year tour, They are basically what we call DIPS-  They would 'Die in Place" if an attack was to happen.

I guess that's kind of where I was going.  28,000 American soldiers can kick the hell out of just about any country (If turned loose and allowed to kick said country's ass).  But...does China really make any decisions whatsoever based on us having soldiers in that region?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 12:15:47 PM »
I guess that's kind of where I was going.  28,000 American soldiers can kick the hell out of just about any country (If turned loose and allowed to kick said country's ass).  But...does China really make any decisions whatsoever based on us having soldiers in that region?

China has enough of a military presence to come over here and kick our ass if they so choose.  Dallas just cited the reason they stay in check...they will soon own us anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 12:25:14 PM »
We have Apprx 28,000 boots on the ground, they do a one year tour, They are basically what we call DIPS-  They would 'Die in Place" if an attack was to happen.

Scuttlebutt is that we left the region they would destroy the south the instant we left and it would cause instability in the region.   That is what is keeping us over there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 12:29:23 PM »

In the grand scheme of that area, the 28,000 is no more than a token presence, our main defense of that area comes out of Japan (air force) and naval presence (if any). Now it has been a long time since I was there but where were trained to fight (but basically a rear guard action) until help arrives.  .
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 12:31:01 PM »
Scuttlebutt is that we left the region they would destroy the south the instant we left and it would cause instability in the region.   That is what is keeping us over there.

I would not argue that point, Attacking SK has always been an attack on the US. Even a small force in any area gives access to that area.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 01:17:43 PM »
I would not argue that point, Attacking SK has always been an attack on the US. Even a small force in any area gives access to that area.

The fucking North Koreans have underground tunnels leading all the way down to Seoul and passed. Until help arrives? LOL, There would be nothing left to defend. Nuke NK and drop the subject.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 07:06:45 PM »

In the grand scheme of that area, the 28,000 is no more than a token presence, our main defense of that area comes out of Japan (air force) and naval presence (if any). Now it has been a long time since I was there but where were trained to fight (but basically a rear guard action) until help arrives.  .
We have enough Navy, Marine, & Air Farce presence in Japan to shore up the 28,000 for a little while. Call it a Tier 2 defense. There's enough missiles on the DDG's out of Yoko to obliterate Pyongyang and any other vital target in the North. The Navy, USMC, & USAF aircraft would assist with anything moving on the ground. Okinawa based Marines and the Naval Amphibious Force out of Sasebo would get reinforcements onshore very quickly.

This level of defense would keep things going until stateside assets got to the scene.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 09:45:49 AM »
We have enough Navy, Marine, & Air Farce presence in Japan to shore up the 28,000 for a little while. Call it a Tier 2 defense. There's enough missiles on the DDG's out of Yoko to obliterate Pyongyang and any other vital target in the North. The Navy, USMC, & USAF aircraft would assist with anything moving on the ground. Okinawa based Marines and the Naval Amphibious Force out of Sasebo would get reinforcements onshore very quickly.

This level of defense would keep things going until stateside assets got to the scene.

I don't think it would be ground warfare for at least a week. TO me that means it would expand way beyond the SK peninsula. Japan would be hit simultaneously. To think,that NK's dear leader is stupid enough to try this shit in first place is ludicrous. However, all kidding aside, he would not, I repeat would not be alone in this endeavor. There would definitely be other major players in this behind the smoke screen using NK as a mere pawn on the grand chessboard of the big stage. And while out idiot reps and media outlets are focused in this non-issue, we're getting fucked is some where else I guarantee (economically - having to do with money usually...like taxation or something of that nature).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 10:37:47 AM »

Whatever happens it had better happen quick.  I believe most projections say that we only have enough aircraft munitions for about a month of heavy use.  We had the same problem in Desert Storm, we ran out of our heavy bunker buster bombs.  We sent in some F-117's to hit a hardened shelter and nothing happened.  The Intel watched via satellite for about 2 weeks as the Iraqis moved everything they had into these hardened bunkers thinking they had something that would defeat the AF.  This was just enough time for us to resupply and we went in and turned the bunkers into big smoking holes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 11:59:16 AM »
Whatever happens it had better happen quick.  I believe most projections say that we only have enough aircraft munitions for about a month of heavy use.  We had the same problem in Desert Storm, we ran out of our heavy bunker buster bombs.  We sent in some F-117's to hit a hardened shelter and nothing happened.  The Intel watched via satellite for about 2 weeks as the Iraqis moved everything they had into these hardened bunkers thinking they had something that would defeat the AF.  This was just enough time for us to resupply and we went in and turned the bunkers into big smoking holes.

Just like in Iraqi we would cut off their communication from their ‘Dear leaders” and the troops in the field would be without direction.  It is the Achilles heel of  dictator leadership. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 01:21:05 PM »
I think they want to die.

Pyongyang scraps armistice amid heightened saber rattling

(CNN) -- Saber-rattling rose Monday to new levels on the Korean peninsula, as Pyongyang officials "scrapped" the armistice credited for nearly 60 years of uneasy peace and then failed to answer a hotline phone.

"The Korean Armistice Agreement is to be scrapped completely just from today," said a spokesman for the North Korean military -- the Korean People's Army Supreme Command -- according to Rodong Sinmun, the official newspaper of North Korea's ruling Workers' Party.

North Korea cited the U.N. Security Council's unanimous passage last Thursday of tougher sanctions against Pyongyang for carrying out missile and nuclear tests.

"The collective sanction is precisely a declaration of war and an act of war against the DPRK," said the newspaper, using the initials of North Korea's formal name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

U.S.-South Korean drills

North Korea's announcement came as military drills involving South Korea and the United States were taking place. The exercises, called Key Resolve, are in conjunction with the Foal Eagle joint exercises that began March 1 and are scheduled to last two months. More than 3,000 U.S. forces are taking part in Key Resolve, according to United States Forces Korea.

North Korea also has called the annual training exercises "an open declaration of a war."

"Under the cloak of the UNSC, the U.S. seeks to realize its aggressive purpose against the DPRK by threatening its right to existence as well as its sovereignty," the newspaper continued. "What is graver is the fact that the U.S. cooked up the resolution on sanction timing to coincide with the 'Key Resolve' and 'Foal Eagle' joint military exercises."

The United Nations Command notified the North Korean military on February 21 of the exercise dates, noting that they are annual joint exercises that are defensive in nature and not related to current events on the Korean Peninsula.

Also Monday, North Korea did not answer its hotline with Seoul, South Korea's unification ministry said, according to the Yonhap news agency.

The ministry said the North did not answer two attempts to communicate by telephone at 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. local time.

The military hotline was set up in 2004 with the goal of easing tensions along the heavily fortified border between South and North, the world's last Cold War frontier.

Last week, Pyongyang said it planned to terminate its military telephone line with the United States.

But Andre Kok, deputy public affairs officer for U.S. Forces in Korea, said reports that the North's Korean People's Army, known as the KPA, cut off communication often arise when military training exercises are taking place.

"When we place a call on the direct phone line and the KPA does not answer, we have no way of knowing if the KPA has actually disconnected the phone lines or are just not answering the phone," he said.

North Korea's nuclear warning

North Korea had previously warned it could carry out strikes against the United States and South Korea.

But analysts say North Korea is years away from having the technology needed to mount a nuclear warhead on a missile and aim it accurately at a target.

And, analysts say, North Korea is unlikely to seek a direct military conflict with the United States, preferring instead to try to gain traction through threats and the buildup of its military deterrent.

The Koreas are still technically at war because the 1950-53 war ended in a truce, not a peace treaty.

In 2002, then-U.S. President George W. Bush labeled Pyongyang part of an "axis of evil" with Iraq and Iran.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/11/world/asia/south-korea-military-exercises/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

chinook

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 03:11:02 PM »
i like the patrick swayze red dawn better. 

wolverines. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 03:12:24 PM »
i like the patrick swayze red dawn better. 

wolverines.
Whatever.  Thor fucking rules.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 04:41:05 PM »
Looks like they are ready to launch.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 05:03:49 PM »
Raunch the rockets.  Oh shit

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 07:05:28 PM »
No mention of The Worn vacationing with his buddy KJU?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.