Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

How Serious Do You Take It?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
How Serious Do You Take It?
« on: March 07, 2013, 12:56:38 PM »
Part of me just writes this kind of rhetoric off as lunatic ravings and veiled threats.  Then I think....they may be just looney enough to try it.  Either way, I'm not to thrilled about any country with serious fire power saying they're about to send nukes our way.  Most would think the notion is absurd.  But, they don't think like us.  Anywayz...copytothepasta foxnews.com

North Korea amplified its threatening rhetoric as the U.N. Security Council approved new sweeping sanctions, vowing to launch a first-strike nuclear attack against the United States and threatening to engulf Washington in a "sea of fire."
An unidentified spokesman for Pyongyang's Foreign Ministry said the North will exercise its right for "a preemptive nuclear attack to destroy the strongholds of the aggressors" because Washington is pushing to start a nuclear war against the North.

At a mass rally in Pyongyang on Thursday, Army Gen. Kang Pyo Yong told the crowd that North Korea is ready to fire long-range nuclear-armed missiles at Washington.

"Intercontinental ballistic missiles and various other missiles, which have already set their striking targets, are now armed with lighter, smaller and diversified nuclear warheads and are placed on a standby status," Kang said. "When we shell (the missiles), Washington, which is the stronghold of evils, .... will be engulfed in a sea of fire."

Top U.S. envoy for North Korea policy Glyn Davies called on Pyongyang not to miscalculate and said the U.S. is working with South Korea to ensure it's ready should any threats arise.

Sen. Robert Menendez, D-NJ, said the "absurd" threat of a nuclear strike on the U.S. would be tantamount to suicide.

U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice reacted to the warnings Thursday, saying North Korea will "achieve nothing" with threats.

"North Korea will achieve nothing by continued threats and provocations. These will only further isolate the country and its people and undermine international efforts to promote peace and stability in northeast Asia," Rice said.

The U.N. Security Council unanimously endorsed a fourth round of sanctions against Pyongyang in a fresh attempt to rein in its nuclear and ballistic missile programs.

The vote Thursday by the U.N.'s most powerful body on a resolution drafted by North Korea's closest ally, China, and the United States sends a powerful message to North Korea that the international community condemns its ballistic missile and nuclear tests -- and its repeated violation of Security Council resolutions.

The new sanctions are aimed at making it more difficult for North Korea to finance and obtain material for its weapons programs.

North Korean threats have become more common as tensions have escalated following a rocket launch by Pyongyang in December and its third nuclear test on Feb. 12. Both acts defied three Security Council resolutions that bar North Korea from testing or using nuclear or ballistic missile technology and from importing or exporting material for these programs.

North Korea accused the U.S. of leading efforts to slap sanctions on North Korea. The statement said the new sanctions would only advance the timing for North Korea to fulfill previous vows to take "powerful second and third countermeasures" against its enemies.

The statement said North Korea "strongly warns the U.N. Security Council not to make another big blunder like the one in the past when it earned the inveterate grudge of the Korean nation by acting as a war servant for the U.S. in 1950."
North Korea demanded the U.N. Security Council immediately dismantle the American-led U.N. Command that's based in Seoul and move to end the state of war that exists on the Korean Peninsula, which continues six decades after fighting stopped because an armistice, not a peace treaty, ended the war.

In anticipation of the resolution's adoption, North Korea earlier in the week threatened to cancel the 1953 cease-fire that ended the Korean War.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/03/07/north-korea-vows-nuclear-attack-on-us-ahead-un-sanctions-vote/#ixzz2MsQxXazC
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: How Serious Do You Take It?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 02:01:54 PM »
Washington's safe, Seoul.....I think I would have my bug out bag packed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 02:17:22 PM »
Too late...Washington is already engulfed in a sea of flame.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 02:18:15 PM »
Too late...Washington is already engulfed in a sea of flame.

Why do you hate gays?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 02:26:09 PM »
I take it about as serious as the Taliban saying they want to wipe us off the earth...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 02:42:20 PM »
I take it about as serious as the Taliban saying they want to wipe us off the earth...

What this guy said. ^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 02:45:57 PM »
The only part that concerns me is if Russia or China decided to support N Korea in this matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 03:10:46 PM »
The only part that concerns me is if Russia or China decided to support N Korea in this matter.

We would lose the war of attrition.  We would have to get India to come in on our side as cannon fodder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 03:31:23 PM »
There is a city right across from the 38 parallel in North Korea, we called it Hollywood city as it was a non-city, nobody ever lived there, but dead in the middle of the city on this big ass flag pole was a North Korean flag. Rumor was that if you capture that flag and brought it back you would get a million dollars. Get a couple of Korean beers in and you start thinking about planning it. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 03:39:34 PM »

Yep, the Chineee supporting them would be bad.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 03:44:39 PM »
Upon reading it this morning, I thought it was sure to slow the rally in the market. Up 3.83 so far today. I guess we are immune to this country as well as this boys crazy father. Kind of like the crazy uncle that carried a pistol and would pull it out when somebody cut him off in traffic. You know that he could very well use it one day if cornered him or he would get killed but mostly, it's just for show. He doesn't really want anything to happen.

Unfortunately, we will be forced to deal with them sooner or later. As mentioned, I only hope China and Russia will understand. If not, get ready to rumble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »
Yep, the Chineee supporting them would be bad.

Damn, a gay China-men, who would of thunk it?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 04:34:14 PM »
Damn, a gay China-men, who would of thunk it?

You rike bro job?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 06:45:50 PM »
Yep. Their last 2 delivery system launch tests resulted in a horribly photoshopped photo released by the NKNA, and a real one that disintegrated on the launch pad.

They'll fiddle fart around - doing nothing more than talking B grade shit - until WWIII breaks out, then get rendered extinct.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

djsimp

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 09:18:55 AM »
You rike bro job?

Will sit on my Crabby Patty Wung Lui?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 09:48:47 AM »
There is a city right across from the 38 parallel in North Korea, we called it Hollywood city as it was a non-city, nobody ever lived there, but dead in the middle of the city on this big ass flag pole was a North Korean flag. Rumor was that if you capture that flag and brought it back you would get a million dollars. Get a couple of Korean beers in and you start thinking about planning it. 

I could get that flag without ever having to crossover. On the other statement here, our guys said the Star Wars Program was a success. So what the hell are they afraid of, the truth? That it's a big failure, like most everything else the government attempts.

Part of me just writes this kind of rhetoric off as lunatic ravings and veiled threats.  Then I think....they may be just looney enough to try it.  Either way, I'm not to thrilled about any country with serious fire power saying they're about to send nukes our way.  Most would think the notion is absurd.  But, they don't think like us.  Anywayz...copytothepasta foxnews.com

North Korea amplified its threatening rhetoric as the U.N. Security Council approved new sweeping sanctions, vowing to launch a first-strike nuclear attack against the United States and threatening to engulf Washington in a "sea of fire."

An unidentified spokesman for Pyongyang's Foreign Ministry said the North will exercise its right for "a preemptive nuclear attack to destroy the strongholds of the aggressors" because Washington is pushing to start a nuclear war against the North.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/03/07/north-korea-vows-nuclear-attack-on-us-ahead-un-sanctions-vote/#ixzz2MsQxXazC

To be honest I think the whole fucking thing is both hilarious and political. They're all in bed with one another. Our political machine wants to keep troops over there in the south (sitting ducks) while most folks want less involvement in foreign affairs (constitutionality argument - Jefferson). I spent a year in South Korea, and I think the north is a joke. Any and all real threats come from The Peoples Republic of China, with whom we are engage economically, but on the wrong side. We owe them money, or so they say.  Fuck China in da mouf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 11:31:47 AM »
Questions for the military/political/peoplewhofollowthatstuff types.  How big a military presence do we have in that region?  I had a family member stationed over there but it was many years ago.  If we've got big numbers over there, why? To keep NK and China in check?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 12:00:21 PM »
Questions for the military/political/peoplewhofollowthatstuff types.  How big a military presence do we have in that region?  I had a family member stationed over there but it was many years ago.  If we've got big numbers over there, why? To keep NK and China in check?   

We have Apprx 28,000 boots on the ground, they do a one year tour, They are basically what we call DIPS-  They would 'Die in Place" if an attack was to happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 12:03:03 PM »

The only thing keeping China in check is China.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 12:10:47 PM »
The only thing keeping China in check is China and what we owe them.

Added
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions