Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Peanut butter and RACIST

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Peanut butter and RACIST
« on: September 12, 2012, 10:11:28 AM »
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/principal-sees-racism-in-peanut-butter.html

Gutierrez, principal of Harvey Scott K-8 School, was being interviewed about the school district’s equity training program designed to narrow the achievement gap. The newspaper said she “picks up on the subtle language of racism every day” and used the peanut butter sandwich to illustrate her point.

“Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ let them tell you,” she told the newspaper. “Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

The equity program is called “Courageous Conversation” and it involves taking educators through an intensive program so they can understand their own “white privilege,” the newspaper reported.

Robb Cowie, the communications director for Portland Public Schools told Fox News they were aware of the story and to their knowledge it was factually accurate.

“What we’re trying to do in our school district is to ensure that we have instruction that is meaningful and relevant to ever student in the classroom,” Cowie said.

In some cases, that means offering programs strictly for students of color.

The newspaper provided information about a drum corps that was set up for black and Latino boys. One parent complained that the class discriminated against women, Asians, whites and Native Americans.

Guitierrez defended the class and denied it was discriminatory.

“When white people do it, it is not a problem,” she told the Tribune. “But if it’s for kids of color, then it’s a problem? Break it down for me. That’s your white privilege, and your whiteness.”

Cowie said the district did not have a problem with the principal’s statements.

So does the school system provide clubs strictly for white students?

“I’m not aware of that in Portland,” he said.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Peanut butter and RACIST
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 10:15:18 AM »
BS - Ive never once seen a school group or club that was for whites only. Ever. That would be....say it with me - DISCRIMINATION!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:39:22 AM »
My eye is twitching after reading that. 

What that dumb bitch doesn't understand is that SOMEONE is going to get shat on if we go this route.  If I have to start using torta because my school is 30% hispanic, then that's 70% of kids that are going to feel lost when they would understand peanut butter and jelly.

And fuck, why the hell can America not have its own cultural identity?  Move here, be in school, learn to eat peanut butter and jelly.  Why is that such a hard fucking concept?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 10:44:50 AM »
And fuck, why the hell can America not have its own cultural identity?  Move here, be in school, learn to eat peanut butter and jelly.  Why is that such a hard fucking concept?

Because American culture has been falsely translated by some in this country (mainly the libs and mainstream media) as white culture. Even though it isn't. Especially in the south. Most of southern culture (music, food, etc) comes equally from Blacks, Scots Irish, English and Native Americans all mixed together into one. Also if you are in Texas, throw in Latino and German. Lousiana? French and Carribean. But facts be damned, let's just keep pounding that social re-engineering drum. American identity is all of it put together whether they like it or not. Accept it and assimilate!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:46:56 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 10:58:25 AM »
I read that this article this morning.   :facepalm:  That is all
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 11:03:42 AM »
Because American culture has been falsely translated by some in this country (mainly the libs and mainstream media) as white culture. Even though it isn't. Especially in the south. Most of southern culture (music, food, etc) comes equally from Blacks, Scots Irish, English and Native Americans all mixed together into one. Also if you are in Texas, throw in Latino and German. Lousiana? French and Carribean. But facts be damned, let's just keep pounding that social re-engineering drum. American identity is all of it put together whether they like it or not. Accept it and assimilate!

I guess what they're saying is that white people should still be assimilating as well, which is complete bullshit.

So Ms. Guiterrez wants me to throw in latino cuisine along with my racist peanut butter and jelly.  But wait!  I thought I had already!  You know, like tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and flan, which are just as common as peanut butter and jelly. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 11:05:21 AM »
I guess what they're saying is that white people should still be assimilating as well, which is complete bullshit.

So Ms. Guiterrez wants me to throw in latino cuisine along with my racist peanut butter and jelly.  But wait!  I thought I had already!  You know, like tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and flan, which are just as common as peanut butter and jelly.

Sounds like they have an inferiority complex if you ask me. The extra need to be noticed, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 11:11:40 AM »
Sounds like they have an inferiority complex if you ask me. The extra need to be noticed, etc.

And this really frustrates me because it's creeping in all over. 

For example, at my school, there's been talk of not doing pep rallies anymore.  Why?  Because a growing number of students aren't participating or interested.

We've seen a huge spike in hispanics over the last few years.  Do you think hispanics want to participate in traditional southern high school activities?  No.  And that's fine, I guess.  They should be looked at as being lame and unwilling to join in on the fun.

But that's not what's happening.  What's happening is the white kids that get in with the hispanics (rarely the other way around) end up not caring about pep rallies either, so what used to be a fun in-school activity for the kids is now a strange, lots of kids sitting around with their arms folded or worse causing problems, some trying to have fun affair, and it's bothering the administration. 

So are we racist for wanting hispanics (or anyone not from here originally) to learn how to have fun and participate in American activities?  Are we racist for wishing our community could stay the same as it's been for years...decades even? 

Some say yes. 

Pep rallies and peanut butter sandwiches may seem trivial, but there are some that want to change everything about what is conventional in America. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 11:23:24 AM »
So are we racist for wanting hispanics (or anyone not from here originally) to learn how to have fun and participate in American activities?  Are we racist for wishing our community could stay the same as it's been for years...decades even? 

Some say yes. 

Pep rallies and peanut butter sandwiches may seem trivial, but there are some that want to change everything about what is conventional in America.

Easy now. You'll get accused of hating the brown people. Trust me. I know.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 11:30:45 AM »

If someone wants to call me an ethnocentrist, I'll understand and probably accept it.  We can then discuss the merits of cultural relativism. 

But to use the word racist?  That's just a scare tactic to get what one wants and it tells me that they don't actually have an argument for why torta should be used along with peanut butter and jelly. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 12:03:37 PM »

Oh please, that's just your white privilege, and your whiteness.  Whatever the fruck that means.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 12:36:04 PM »
I don't like Mexican food. 

I have no rights.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 01:18:17 PM »

I have no taste buds.

FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »

I have no rights.

I like their women. They dance well after eating that salsa stuff....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 02:25:25 PM »
I like their women. They dance well after eating that salsa stuff....

Not mine-she farts alot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 10:44:47 AM »
I plan to exercise my white privilege today.  What is it again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 12:27:08 PM »
The Mexican girl I know was a cheerleader....she loved pep rallies. I guess she just a sellout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 12:31:25 PM »
The Mexican girl I know was a cheerleader....she loved pep rallies. I guess she just a sellout.

I bet youshe ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 02:00:37 PM »

Come on, you know we wouldn't let no Lateeenos be no cheerleaders here in tha South.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »
Come on, you know we wouldn't let no Lateeenos be no cheerleaders here in tha South.
WERD!

The Dallas Cowboys have quite a few actually. And HAWTTT!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE