Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tater Tot has a Warrant out for his arrest...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Tater Tot has a Warrant out for his arrest...
« on: January 03, 2012, 06:00:26 PM »
Failed payment of ticket and court appearance in Georgia. 60mph in a 30 ($530+).

http://www.wsfa.com/story/16438044/former-una-coach-bowden
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

Re: Tater Tot has a Warrant out for his arrest...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »
Failed payment of ticket and court appearance in Georgia. 60mph in a 30 ($530+).

In Butler Co., AL.  Town of Georigiana.  About an hour  or so south of Mont.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 07:06:40 PM »

Daylight Donuts was about to close though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 04:44:09 PM »
Damn, I figured the training wheels would have fell off going 60mph.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »
In Butler Co., AL.  Town of Georigiana.  About an hour  or so south of Mont.

I drive through Georgiana quite often.  Their cops do not fuck around.  30 mph means 29 mph, if'n you know what's good for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 04:52:47 PM »
I drive through Georgiana quite often.  Their cops do not fuck around.  30 mph means 29 mph, if'n you know what's good for you.

Same for Cottondale, Fla. on 231 headed your way out of Dothan.  You hit town and the speed limit goes to 35.  There WILL be a cop there and he WILL pop you for 36.  Once all the roadside fruit stands dried up, I think speeding tix are the main source of revenue for the town.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 04:55:20 PM »

Bitch you better watch your back, a nearsighted po-po and your sexy self might be headed to federal pound me in the ass prison.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 04:55:57 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 05:01:32 PM »
Bitch you better watch your back, a nearsighted po-po and your sexy self might be headed to federal pound me in the ass prison.

Near-sighted, nothing.  I have to beat them off.

Literally.  They require handjobs before they'll let me leave town.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 05:39:20 PM »
Near-sighted, nothing.  I have to beat them off.

Literally.  They require handjobs before they'll let me leave town.

You've gained that much weight...easy on the cheese-puffs son.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 11:48:11 AM »
You've gained that much weight...easy on the cheese-puffs son.

The camera adds....198 pounds...or so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 11:50:23 AM »
Same for Cottondale, Fla. on 231 headed your way out of Dothan.  You hit town and the speed limit goes to 35.  There WILL be a cop there and he WILL pop you for 36.  Once all the roadside fruit stands dried up, I think speeding tix are the main source of revenue for the town.

This guy knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 02:37:57 PM »
This guy knows.

I've heard tales of places that write for 1 MPH over, but never seen anybody actually produce a ticket to prove it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 02:56:44 PM »
I've heard tales of places that write for 1 MPH over, but never seen anybody actually produce a ticket to prove it.

You can add Vernon, Florida to the list of places that will do that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 03:02:11 PM »

Never have seen one written, but was witness to someone getting pulled over for 37 in a 35 in Rogersville, AL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
Never have seen one written, but was witness to someone getting pulled over for 37 in a 35 in Rogersville, AL.

Now, what I have actually seen and heard is people with tickets for 10-15 over claiming they were really stopped for going only 1 or 2 over, and the cop just lied.  That's common.  I've yet to EVER see ANYBODY produce a ticket written for anything less than 10 mph over.   Never met a cop that would fess up to writing anyone for 1 mph over either. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 03:26:13 PM »
Now, what I have actually seen and heard is people with tickets for 10-15 over claiming they were really stopped for going only 1 or 2 over, and the cop just lied.  That's common.  I've yet to EVER see ANYBODY produce a ticket written for anything less than 10 mph over.   Never met a cop that would fess up to writing anyone for 1 mph over either.

I can guarantee you this happened as I was in the car.  37 in a 35 (school zone).  We couldn't believe it and the cop proceeded to chew his ass telling him how he was endangering the lives of kids and how he was lucky that he didn't write him a ticket and that 35 meant 35.   He is no longer employed with Rogersville along with several others.  My wife (girlfriend at the time) got one for doing 61 in a 55.  Her uncle was the mayor and had it fixed.  He fired a couple of them and hired some new folks not long after he was elected.   They were truly dicks and I tend to not say that about law enforcement as I have several friends in that line of work and they are all good people just doing their job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 03:53:47 PM »
I can guarantee you this happened as I was in the car.  37 in a 35 (school zone).  We couldn't believe it and the cop proceeded to chew his ass telling him how he was endangering the lives of kids and how he was lucky that he didn't write him a ticket and that 35 meant 35.   He is no longer employed with Rogersville along with several others.  My wife (girlfriend at the time) got one for doing 61 in a 55.  Her uncle was the mayor and had it fixed.  He fired a couple of them and hired some new folks not long after he was elected.   They were truly dicks and I tend to not say that about law enforcement as I have several friends in that line of work and they are all good people just doing their job.

Where I worked, the majority of the tickets were written in a 40 mph zone, and we were supposedly known for writing lots of tickets.  When I was being trained, I wrote a guy (the first ticket I ever wrote) for going 55 in a 40.  Afterwards, my training officer said "I'm not telling you you can't write them for that, but "our speed limit" through here is generally 60 before you get a ticket."  After that, that was my "limit".  60 in a 40, 45 in a 30...basically 50% over the posted speed limit.   In the neighborhoods, where it was 25, maybe the limit was 35, but I don't recall writing too many in the neighborhoods...we're weren't supposed to harass the locals.  Although it was fun to get complaints from the locals about speeding, and them want "extra patrol".  I can't tell you how many times I caught the complaining party speeding.  Or, they'd invite you to sit in their driveway, and they point out cars coming that they'd say "they're flying!" only to be right at the speed limit when I showed them the radar. 

Just had traffic court this morning.  Didn't see a single ticket for anything less than 12 over.  That's troopers and county deputies. 

Maybe it's just the areas I've worked, but generally speaking, every cop I've ever known, or worked with would give you AT LEAST 10mph over. 

JME, YMMV.  I've written, defended, or prosecuted literally thousands of tickets in jurisdictions all over central AL, and have NEVER seen what you speak of.  I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that I've not seen it, ever.  Not in Jefferson (including every municipality there), Shelby (including every municipality there), Cullman, Walker (and some municipalities) St. Clair, Blount, Autauga, Chilton, Bibb (and it's municipalities), Dallas, Perry, Tuscaloosa (County and City) Wilcox, or Hale counties, where I've either policed, defended, or prosecuted. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 04:15:40 PM »
Where I worked, the majority of the tickets were written in a 40 mph zone, and we were supposedly known for writing lots of tickets.  When I was being trained, I wrote a guy (the first ticket I ever wrote) for going 55 in a 40.  Afterwards, my training officer said "I'm not telling you you can't write them for that, but "our speed limit" through here is generally 60 before you get a ticket."  After that, that was my "limit".  60 in a 40, 45 in a 30...basically 50% over the posted speed limit.   In the neighborhoods, where it was 25, maybe the limit was 35, but I don't recall writing too many in the neighborhoods...we're weren't supposed to harass the locals.  Although it was fun to get complaints from the locals about speeding, and them want "extra patrol".  I can't tell you how many times I caught the complaining party speeding.  Or, they'd invite you to sit in their driveway, and they point out cars coming that they'd say "they're flying!" only to be right at the speed limit when I showed them the radar. 

Just had traffic court this morning.  Didn't see a single ticket for anything less than 12 over.  That's troopers and county deputies. 

Maybe it's just the areas I've worked, but generally speaking, every cop I've ever known, or worked with would give you AT LEAST 10mph over. 

JME, YMMV.  I've written, defended, or prosecuted literally thousands of tickets in jurisdictions all over central AL, and have NEVER seen what you speak of.  I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that I've not seen it, ever.  Not in Jefferson (including every municipality there), Shelby (including every municipality there), Cullman, Walker (and some municipalities) St. Clair, Blount, Autauga, Chilton, Bibb (and it's municipalities), Dallas, Perry, Tuscaloosa (County and City) Wilcox, or Hale counties, where I've either policed, defended, or prosecuted.

Little speedtraps like Cottondale are the exceptions that will do it. My pops got one there for 2 miles over. I got stopped for 3 miles over but got lucky and got a warning. It literally goes from 70/65 to 30 in about half a mile with no warning in Cottondale. It wasn't much of an issue back in the day around the 80's, even 90's when the fruitstands were still thriving there because you were slowing down anyway to stop at a couple of them. Like Snag said though, just about all of them are gone now so there is no reason to stop there or even slow down other than the speed limit signs. I think he's right in that ticketing is their main source of revenue now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »

You could have been a smartass and said that you didn't know 2 mph was the difference between life and death. The kids would survive a 35 mpg car but not a 37 mph car? Got it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 04:24:52 PM »
Little speedtraps like Cottondale are the exceptions that will do it. My pops got one there for 2 miles over. I got stopped for 3 miles over but got lucky and got a warning. It literally goes from 70/65 to 30 in about half a mile with no warning in Cottondale. It wasn't much of an issue back in the day around the 80's, even 90's when the fruitstands were still thriving there because you were slowing down anyway to stop at a couple of them. Like Snag said though, just about all of them are gone now so there is no reason to stop there or even slow down other than the speed limit signs. I think he's right in that ticketing is their main source of revenue now.

BTDub....we always stop at the last stand on the left just as you head out of town.  A bag of boiled peanuts, some alligator jerkey and a useless sharks tooth souvenire for the kid are a must for the trip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."