Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What Does "Quite Bad" Mean?

What Does "Quite Bad" Mean?
« on: August 19, 2011, 11:52:03 AM »
"You must understand that in 2005 when I was president at Murray State, I fired our football coach, Joe Pannunzio, because of numerous incidents that occurred in our program under him that were quite bad," he said. "Well, Pannunzio immediately was hired by Miami, and he's one of the coaches who's been prominently mentioned by Shapiro in the current scandal. He's now the head of football operations at Alabama."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/08/link_alabamas_joe_pannunzio_wa.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Re: What Does "Quite Bad" Mean?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:53:16 AM »
And before the jump starts on Saban, remember that Pannunzio worked for Tuberville at Auburn.  Tuberville worked for Miami early in his career.

This is one big sticky web.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 11:57:50 AM »
And before the jump starts on Saban, remember that Pannunzio worked for Tuberville at Auburn.  Tuberville worked for Miami early in his career.

So what you are saying is that everyone in the nation is getting the hammer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 11:59:40 AM »
So what you are saying is that everyone in the nation is getting the hammer?

I have a feeling this Miami story may make it seem like everyone in the nation deserves the hammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 12:07:17 PM »
I have a feeling this Miami story may make it seem like everyone in the nation deserves the hammer.

It seems that way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 12:19:33 PM »

Yep!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:18:05 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 01:31:13 PM »

That may be true, but it certainly makes this look silly.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/saban-alabama-officials-found-no-ncaa-issues-before-hiring-2-ex-miami-coaches-named-in-report/2011/08/18/gIQAj4AUOJ_story.html

Saban: Alabama officials found no NCAA issues before hiring 2 ex-Miami coaches named in report

By Associated Press, Published: August 18

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Coach Nick Saban says Alabama vetted two former Miami assistants before hiring them and found no NCAA issues.

Saban, speaking after practice Thursday, said the university uncovered no compliance “red flags” on either offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland or director of football operations Joe Pannunzio. Both former Hurricanes coaches were named in a report alleging that they steered recruits to a jailed booster who says he supplied Miami players with prostitutes, cars and other gifts over the past decade.

Saban says he knows “nothing about Miami” and that Alabama does things the right way. He says if Stoutland or Pannunzio did anything wrong, “I’m sure they will get the appropriate punishment.”

Saban made the remarks in his opening statement and didn’t address questions on the Miami investigation.

How many nationally syndicated AP stories contain the phrase "Alabama officials found no NCAA issues with..."?

Seems pretty obvious that getting fired from their last job would be a basic part of the vetting.

Also, yes he was on Tubs's staff for one year at Auburn in 99. Before Murray State, and Before Miami. The fact that Tubs coached at Miami from 86 to 93 has nothing to do with Panunzio coaching there from 2006-2011 when all this shit was going down.

Saban hired him after Murray State and after Miami.

If everyone Panunzio ever coached for is tainted, then Ole Miss, Minnesota, TCU, Mesa College, Kansas, and Southern Colorado are guilty as well.

I know you were playing Devil's Advocate but that's an apples to hamburgers comparison that only RWS would draw.

Pannunzio Source

Tuberville Source
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 02:19:15 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 02:10:17 PM »
Yeah but you forget where Tuberville and Ponzischemio learned to cheat.  At.  Auburn. 

Sources:

www.astheplainsburn.org

www.auburngate.com

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 03:13:26 PM »
Just saw Saban's Press Conference.

What a fucking asshole. News to no one.

Skip to 2:40.

Just to address this, and I'm going to address this. And I know that sometimes you all don't understand, for people who are in the communication business, basic English. I'm going to address this, and that's it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:16:41 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »
Cecil Hurt says nothing to see here.  Please move on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 04:48:25 PM »
So, the uat compliance apparently doesn't understand "basic english".  Also, they apparently didn't do a background check to see if Stoutland and Pannz had any "red flags"...because if they did their job, they would've seen those flags flapping all over Pannz's application and possibly Stoutland's.  I don't understand how people can see the TTown situation, the Calloway/Woodruff situation and the Pannz/Stoutland situation in which the uat compliance comes out within 24 hours and makes bold claims saying "nothin to see here, everything is on the up and up" and think that uat's compliance is actually looking into the situations and doing their due dilligence (sp?)?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 05:00:43 PM »
So, the uat compliance apparently doesn't understand "basic english".  Also, they apparently didn't do a background check to see if Stoutland and Pannz had any "red flags"...because if they did their job, they would've seen those flags flapping all over Pannz's application and possibly Stoutland's. 
If memory serves me correctly, Stoutland and Pannunzio were hired prior to this week. Way prior. How would the NCAA have "red flags" on these two guys for the Miami scandal when they didn't know about all of this shit that just came out this week? Your statement makes no sense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 05:02:57 PM »
If memory serves me correctly, Stoutland and Pannunzio were hired prior to this week. Way prior. How would the NCAA have "red flags" on these two guys for the Miami scandal when they didn't know about all of this shit that just came out this week? Your statement makes no sense.

Goat fucking idiot. 

What part of "investigating for the past five months" and "issues at other schools" did you fail to comprehend?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 05:05:52 PM »
Goat fucking idiot. 

What part of "investigating for the past five months" and "issues at other schools" did you fail to comprehend?
Or FIRED from his previous job prior to Miami?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 05:21:16 PM »
Or FIRED from his previous job prior to Miami?
So, you're telling me that Murray State most certainly reported themselves to the NCAA for these "quite bad" things they found that he did while head coach there? Doubt it. Don't get me wrong, it would bring a smile to my face to see him fired from Alabama right now. Not happy about him being on the staff, because I believe the Yahoo story. But to say that Alabama is lying about checking them out with the NCAA before hiring them just because you say so? Pfftttt...I would imagine that is a fairly standard thing in the college coaching world.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 05:21:59 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 05:22:57 PM »
So, you're telling me that Murray State most certainly reported themselves to the NCAA for these "quite bad" things they found that he did while head coach there? Doubt it. Don't get me wrong, it would bring a smile to my face to see him fired from Alabama right now. Not happy about him being on the staff, because I believe the Yahoo story. But to say that Alabama is lying about checking them out with the NCAA before hiring them just because you say so? Pfftttt...I would imagine that is a fairly standard thing in the college coaching world.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:25:29 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 05:31:13 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions